This thread currently has 858 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 2, 2015, 9:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,691
Gold Stars: 174
Fed up of all this bloody doom and gloom around, people saying the season's over etc etc.

Just take a look at this table, the season Mansfield won the league. In October they were 14 points off the top and ended up winning the league.

I'm not saying that we're going to do the same but all the negativity is a bit over the top.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/conference-premier/2012-2013/table/2012-10-10

Oh, and if you look a bit further down the league to 20th place, Kidderminster finished 2nd and Mansfield finished 10 points clear of 3rd place and Kidderminster  8 points clear, so yes we can still win the league.

Massive improvement needed though I know.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
September 2, 2015, 9:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'm with you Les but I am quite drunk. Find a couple of wins and it'll start looking a lot better. Do think this is a squad that could put a real run together.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Les Brechin
September 2, 2015, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,691
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm with you Les but I am quite drunk. Find a couple of wins and it'll start looking a lot better. Do think this is a squad that could put a real run together.

We need a big, big improvement I know but  to say that the title is over at this stage of this season is quite frankly ludicrous.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
LH
September 2, 2015, 10:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Without belittling other's support anybody who saw us against Torquay or Lincoln will know we were unlucky to draw those games. We know we have a good squad. We do have a good manager for this level although he needs to get tough with the team selections and pick his best team every game. This will start to happen as we go down to one game a week in the coming weeks.

I believe a new season is a fresh start every year so let's give them all a fair crack of the whip this season and just get behind the team. It will happen and I'm sure it'll happen soon.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep The Faith

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.