Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great interview with Hurst on Mariners Player
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 356 Guests

Great interview with Hurst on Mariners Player

This thread currently has 3,041 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HotToddy
September 3, 2015, 7:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
Just watched it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
September 3, 2015, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Somebody care to transcribe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
ginnywings
September 3, 2015, 8:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew
Somebody care to transcribe?

20 minutes of ifs buts and maybes.

Good squad, playing well, no luck, silly errors and missed chances costing us. Too early to judge, they will come good. What you'd expect really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
headingly_mariner
September 3, 2015, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings

Good squad, playing well, no luck, silly errors and missed chances costing us. Too early to judge, they will come good. What you'd expect really.

I thought it was quite good actually, he answered a lot of questions and spoke fairly openly about his decisions. Whilst I don't agree with some of it, loads of what he says makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
TAGG
September 3, 2015, 8:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from ginnywings

Isn't that exactly  what Fenty said in the Telegraph tonight????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
A.l.f.
September 3, 2015, 8:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Yes I agree - he spoke well.  Can't argue with his comments on our performances and I also think the tide will turn for us.  Been to every game this season and no-one has outplayed us and its a case of missed chances and errors.  I personally would always pick my best team but I dont see what goes on in training, off the pitch and in the dressing room and those things will and should influence his choices.
You can have an average or poor manager but if you have the right players you always have a chance.  Once those players cross that white line in a match, there's only so much a manager can do.  He can't make a striker score or a keeper stop a silly error.
I believe we have a really good squad and if we keep them fit, they will do the business.
They need to keep their confidence and us as supporters need to encourage them.
I shall be at Borehamwood and expect an upturn in our season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
springstomind
September 3, 2015, 9:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Very open and honest decent interview.  Positive in a negative time of the season. I don't believe him when he says he isn't feeling under pressure, if he doesn't a little bit he's mad or the board need to at least out a bit on him.  However I do believe him when he says he genuinely beloved this is the best town squad he's managed and is optimistic they'll turn it around.  Either way Saturday is a big game for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Hagrid
September 3, 2015, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Shows he cares to me. Very open honest interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
dapperz fun pub
September 3, 2015, 9:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
I think he does care and his desperate for success like us all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Grim74
September 3, 2015, 9:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from springstomind
Very open and honest decent interview.  Positive in a negative time of the season. I don't believe him when he says he isn't feeling under pressure, if he doesn't a little bit he's mad or the board need to at least out a bit on him.  However I do believe him when he says he genuinely beloved this is the best town squad he's managed and is optimistic they'll turn it around.  Either way Saturday is a big game for him.

To early to say if this is his best squad he says this every season, it will only be his best squad if they get us out of non league football.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great interview with Hurst on Mariners Player

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.