Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Top 7 all away today...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 392 Guests

Top 7 all away today...

This thread currently has 1,343 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PPMariner
September 5, 2015, 2:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Points will be dropped and today, we won't be one of them.

Dreadful start to the season - all the more painful as this year, more than any in 20 years, it's been so unexpected.

Questions rightly being asked about some of the decision making and I feel we're at the tipping point - any title aspirations hang by a thread. Ride any bad luck and take the games by the scruff of the neck; confident in the knowledge we're the best team on the pitch and with our squad, we could look at a quite different table come Christmas.

However, if we fail now to be galvanised by the situation we've arrived in after a mere 7 games then there is a fundamental problem with our collective mentality and the responsibility for that rests solely with the manager. If there is no response then it is clear he either fails to engender confidence in his charges or there is an underlying lack of respect for the way he approaches things tactically, or a combination of both.

For me, he must immediately stop tailoring things in fear of opposition. This squad is top drawer for this league and they should, to a man, be fully aware of that. They'll perform accordingly.

So, which will it be?

As I began this post - I'm expecting and hoping!

Either way, today should be the beginning of something new. UTM

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
ackomariner
September 5, 2015, 3:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from PPMariner
Points will be dropped and today, we won't be one of them.

Dreadful start to the season - all the more painful as this year, more than any in 20 years, it's been so unexpected.

Questions rightly being asked about some of the decision making and I feel we're at the tipping point - any title aspirations hang by a thread. Ride any bad luck and take the games by the scruff of the neck; confident in the knowledge we're the best team on the pitch and with our squad, we could look at a quite different table come Christmas.

However, if we fail now to be galvanised by the situation we've arrived in after a mere 7 games then there is a fundamental problem with our collective mentality and the responsibility for that rests solely with the manager. If there is no response then it is clear he either fails to engender confidence in his charges or there is an underlying lack of respect for the way he approaches things tactically, or a combination of both.

For me, he must immediately stop tailoring things in fear of opposition. This squad is top drawer for this league and they should, to a man, be fully aware of that. They'll perform accordingly.

So, which will it be?

As I began this post - I'm expecting and hoping!

Either way, today should be the beginning of something new. UTM

Yeah, good post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
PPMariner
September 5, 2015, 4:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Ten to go and rather incredibly - EVERY team is dropping points  

Blow the whistles! UTM

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Hagrid
September 5, 2015, 4:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
You had to say it didnt you!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
PPMariner
September 5, 2015, 4:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Yup - just seen, grrrrrr

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
PPMariner
September 5, 2015, 5:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Well, everyone bar the one we really would've liked to, slipped up today.

We got something of the response hoped for and sounded as though it could've been six or seven. We've created a lot again and time will tell if this profligacy in front of goal is down to opposition-keeper-stormers (and as such, won't occur too often) or something more.

But for Forest Green and their ever present 75th+ minute goal - perfect day for Town!

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Top 7 all away today...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.