3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
October 3, 2015, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
We have seen bad, but he was on another level, ruined a good game of football and cost is the win, shocking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Sir Matt Tease
October 3, 2015, 5:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
Gateshead player should have been sent off, Bristol Rovers keeper should have been sent off, it's the ref's fault etc etc etc.

When will it stop being somebody else's fault that we are not good enough ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
MarinerMart
October 3, 2015, 5:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
Easy excuse to blame the referee....3 wins at home is that all down to referees?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
October 3, 2015, 5:34pm
Guest User
Blah blah blah
Reply: 3 - 20
TAGG
October 3, 2015, 6:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Gateshead player should have been sent off, Bristol Rovers keeper should have been sent off, it's the ref's fault etc etc etc.

When will it stop being somebody else's fault that we are not good enough ?

Agree with all this but the Ref today was at another level. He made what should have been a good game into a bag of excrement for both sides.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Perkins
October 3, 2015, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
He was poor for both sides, but we can't blame anyone but ourselves for not getting the win we wanted.
By all accounts he was demoted from the Football league at the end of last season, and hopefully he will suffer the same fate at the end of this. But he will probably be held in such regard by the powers to be that he'll end the season reffing the play off final.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Mrs Doyle
October 3, 2015, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Should have played the advantage in the second half when it broke in our favour and we went on to score it ws no wonder he got demoted from the league loads of mauling and pushing by fat man parkin and co. Ah bollix we blew it really to weak up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
LH
October 3, 2015, 6:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
A few weeks ago we lodged a formal complaint to the FA/Conference about the referee we had for a game. At that point I thought it was a daft thing to do but I feel today's referee deserves the same action.

The double standards on show was appalling. Two obvious ones that stick out to me are the high foot by Bogle in front of the Findus. Their player out his head down to about chest height for a header and Bogle - who was perfectly entitled to challenge with his feet - caught him unintentionally. The result was a free kick for FGR. Minutes later there was a similar incident at the other end. One of our players was caught by a higher foot and play was waved on.

The second example was an advantage we were awarded around the Osmond end edge of the centre circle. The advantage led to the ball being played with left to Robertson and ended pretty much there. Again minutes later FGR were given the advantage and the ball went out the same side to their right mid. The move ended there with Town winning the ball and the advantage pulled back for the initial foul.

Refs are human and will make mistakes but it's the inconsistency that frustrates me more than anything. The laws have to apply to both teams.

The pushing and pulling in the box exists at all levels and needs to be cracked down on and today we saw more examples that went unpunished. The one that sticks out for me was Monkhouse and their number 5?. The player was spoken to by the ref after grappling with Monkhouse. The corner came in and as soon as the ref looked away number 5 was back on him.

I don't like ref blaming usually but he did spoil today's game and I can see why this ref was demoted.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Grantley
October 3, 2015, 6:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
The refs performance summed up today by the point when FGR where attacking with 3 on 3 and East went behind Carter ( or Guthrie, couldn't tell which) and dragged him to the floor. The ref didn't even budge and I laughed to myself in the upper.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Grantham_Mariner
October 3, 2015, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Most inconsistent ref we have seen this season.

Don't panic its Mr Wigglesworth on Tuesday.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.