Reply: 20 - 44
Tommy
October 4, 2015, 9:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Apparently he was given a target of 7 points from 9 in the last 3 games otherwise he was out the door.
5 points from those 3 games and he's gone.

A good coach I think but his downfall was not replacing Suarez with the money they got for him. Although I don't know how much that is down to him or whether it was some sort of transfer committee.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
A Brace Of Tees
October 4, 2015, 10:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Tommy
Apparently he was given a target of 7 points from 9 in the last 3 games otherwise he was out the door.
5 points from those 3 games and he's gone.

A good coach I think but his downfall was not replacing Suarez with the money they got for him. Although I don't know how much that is down to him or whether it was some sort of transfer committee.

In the Premiership, transfer policy is hardly ever down to the manager. Not his fault if the Suarez money was badly spent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 4, 2015, 10:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I think they might have somebody lined up already to have sacked him now. Draw at Everton not disastrous is it? Actually think it's a shame as was nice to see a modern, progressive British manager doing well a couple of years back with a team playing great football. Was unlucky to lose Sturridge after selling Suarez and don't see how he can be blamed for that. As for not replacing Suarez - how could he have? Seems that the dour football is as much to blame as results, especially the negativity of their performance at Old Trafford a few weeks back. I think he could be a decent England manager at some point in the future.

He changed his style of play. When he first went there he had them playing like his Swansea side, a version of total football but they leaked goals and he reverted to a more traditional approach the following season with defenders defending and players staying in position. The signing of Suarez helped to change the style because the team played to him but it disguised team weaknesses even though they did well in the league. Losing Suarez left a big hole and Rodgers struggled to decide how to fill it because the rest of the squad were never good enough to cope. Sturridge was never going to be the answer with his injuries and Rodger's failure to sign a star and/or to blend a new team has left them weak. Whoever takes over will want to make big changes.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Mrs Doyle
October 4, 2015, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
McClaren next geordiec tossers keep changing managers, then abram boots Murinio out it's all happening in Disney world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
moosey_club
October 4, 2015, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220

He changed his style of play. When he first went there he had them playing like his Swansea side, a version of total football but they leaked goals and he reverted to a more traditional approach the following season with defenders defending and players staying in position. The signing of Suarez helped to change the style because the team played to him but it disguised team weaknesses even though they did well in the league. Losing Suarez left a big hole and Rodgers struggled to decide how to fill it because the rest of the squad were never good enough to cope. Sturridge was never going to be the answer with his injuries and Rodger's failure to sign a star and/or to blend a new team has left them weak. Whoever takes over will want to make big changes.

Spot on, having Saurez effectively extended his tenure anyway, without Suarez he would not have lasted anything like this long.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
GrimRob
October 4, 2015, 10:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Lots of money went on Ancelotti this week I noticed (none of mine, don't bother with these markets).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 44
Maringer
October 5, 2015, 8:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
It's got to be either Ancelotti or Klopp. I'm guessing the latter.

I don't doubt they've been in dicussions with one or both of them for a week or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
jonnyboy82
October 5, 2015, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Think they want ronnie pickering.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 5, 2015, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer
It's got to be either Ancelotti or Klopp. I'm guessing the latter.

I don't doubt they've been in dicussions with one or both of them for a week or two.

Klopp would be the bigger gamble though. No experience of the weekly pressure on managers in the Prem, media criticism, demands for instant success at home and in Europe ............. and all this with a squad that needs a complete overhaul.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rodgers gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.