Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embarassed...........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 99 Guests

Embarassed...........

This thread currently has 8,172 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
October 5, 2015, 12:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
after 14 games in this wretched league we are behind teams like Lincoln, Dover, Braintree and Bromley.  Embarrased that we have to snatch a draw against a Torquay team that have been battered ever since, embarrassed that our so-called manager leaves out the two most likely match winners against the top of the table team.  FFS, what is going on at this club, and why are so many people still backing PH when he clearly doesn't have a clue.  I agree with the Gateshead thread, no win tomorrow night and he should be sacked........  With a club like Grimsby, any manager would have a near miss, so last season has to be forgotten about.  We have a good playing budget, fantastic ground at this level and the best fans in the division by a mile, so we now need a manager with some good knowledge of the game and a modicum of passion as well, otherwise another season will fade away into the play-off gamble again.  Our squad is good enough to win this poxy division this season, sadly our manager isn't !!!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc98
October 5, 2015, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
after 14 games in this wretched league we are behind teams like Lincoln, Dover, Braintree and Bromley.  Embarrased that we have to snatch a draw against a Torquay team that have been battered ever since, embarrassed that our so-called manager leaves out the two most likely match winners against the top of the table team.  FFS, what is going on at this club, and why are so many people still backing PH when he clearly doesn't have a clue.  I agree with the Gateshead thread, no win tomorrow night and he should be sacked........  With a club like Grimsby, any manager would have a near miss, so last season has to be forgotten about.  We have a good playing budget, fantastic ground at this level and the best fans in the division by a mile, so we now need a manager with some good knowledge of the game and a modicum of passion as well, otherwise another season will fade away into the play-off gamble again.  Our squad is good enough to win this poxy division this season, sadly our manager isn't !!!

UTM

I can't believe it's taken up to now for some to finally admit they don't rate the manager. What a refreshing thread.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
The Grim Reaper
October 5, 2015, 1:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Codfather, Have you ever thought of supporting Scunny? They could do with you right now?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
denni266
October 5, 2015, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from TheCodfather1966

UTM

agree totaly.  hurst should have been gone long ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Neilo83
October 5, 2015, 3:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
felicitations sake was hoping to wake up and see him following Brendan to the job centre (im on nights)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
gaz57
October 5, 2015, 3:52pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Wether you agree or not Mr Fenty does not have the guts to sack him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
coxy
October 5, 2015, 4:01pm

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
😕 the time has being coming please, as an excile keep backing PH and don't boo him. Yes I have never liked him but until he does leave which eventually he will (this/next season) we must stick together otherwise it could ruin the whole togetherness formed recently and possible ruin our season which lets face it considering how bad a season it's being we are still in a good position to bounce back and push up the league.

Utm
Coxy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
GrimRob
October 5, 2015, 4:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
You might be embarrassed I am proud of our football team. I don't give a toss who is ahead of us in the table at the start of October. All that matters is where we are in relation to the other five or six teams who are likely to win the league, and we're not far away from any of them. If the teams you mention stay near the top then great it makes the challenge a bit easier as they don't have the squads to cope when the busy part of the season kicks in.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 52
moosey_club
October 5, 2015, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
7 points off the top spot...with around a third of the league season gone....not the start we had all hoped for but not insurmountable either......hopefully he will soon cease the tinkering which has definately disrupted our early season brand of attack minded play...i have certainly not been Hursts biggest fan but the new approach has turned me around somewhat....however in the recent 4/5 games he seems to be regressing to some of the old habits......too early still in my opinion and lets face it..i think we know what might happen if he does go.......
No rush to replace, Doig gets several weeks as caretaker....might do well....might get the job on a short term basis for the rest of the season....etc etc...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
grimsby pete
October 5, 2015, 4:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
I would and have never boo'd  a town manager or player,

BUT

I would like a chat with Hurst to ask why he does what he does,

We have got the best squad in this non league and he is not getting the best out of them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embarassed...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.