This thread currently has 12,586 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Fat Cobra
October 6, 2015, 9:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Really entertaining game, well done town!

End to end stuff, edge of your seat kind of game

Hurst has once again proven he's got the tactical knowledge to get us out of this dire league. With our Hursty at the helm and the fans behind him we could be an unstoppable force.

Proud of the lads tonight, they gave their all and are a credit to themselves and the club!

An enjoyable game, keep it up town

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
October 6, 2015, 9:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
So speaks a true supporter. Must've been your doppelgänger making silly negative comments on the match thread.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
mariner91
October 6, 2015, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,571
Gold Stars: 260
You might want to have a little read of this: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Schizophrenia/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Fat Cobra
October 6, 2015, 9:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from forza ivano
So speaks a true supporter. Must've been your doppelgänger making silly negative comments on the match thread.......

You must be mistakened Ivor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
Hagrid
October 6, 2015, 9:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,376
Gold Stars: 527
Deserved 3 points. One in the eye for the critics. Im in no mood to gloat as i had my worst experiance at a game as some wild animal excrement underneath my seat in the upper and the smell was vile. Club has so far ignored my complaint but a good win and 3 points and we must back it up with 3 at braintree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
promotion plaice
October 6, 2015, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193
Great show of character to come back from Mckeown's blunder, a lot of great performances tonight but stand out for me was Arnold and Gowling

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
headingly_mariner
October 6, 2015, 10:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Good win, played well, Tomlinson gash!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
LondonMariner43
October 6, 2015, 10:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Anyone know how many points we had last season after 15 games?  

Considering most would agree that on a number of occasions this season the team haven't performed to their potential, its encouraging that we are only 4 points off the top, 8 games unbeaten and second best goal difference in the league.  We have a squad that is strong enough to have some fantastic players on the bench.  Sooner or later we will have our traditional 'good run' and find ourselves at the top of the table.  Still nothing to fear in this league.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
Trawler
October 6, 2015, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Arnold absolutely outstanding. East and Nathan linked up well and will be a potent combo if allowed to continue playing together.

Every player grafted. Good team effort.  

We were comfortably better than them. Nothing to suggest they will still be in the mix later on.

That's the first half decent ref we've seen for ages. And a half decent game of football as a result.

Hurts persists with Tomlinson as a starter. He ran his socks off but offered little. He and Pitman didn't seem to click. I want to see the Amond/Pitman frontline that was so successful in pre-season. But what are the odds Tomlinson will get the nod. Again.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
ginnywings
October 6, 2015, 10:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
A more comprehensive 2-1 you'd be hard to find. We tore them a new one for the first 25 minutes and got in behind them time and again. We'll gloss over the Macca incident, it happens. Thought we were far better than them and can't see them staying at the top end of the table for long if that's their usual standard. Arnold and East worked very well together and their left back must have been having kittens. Arnold was the man of the matchiest man of the match i've seen for a long time and scored 2 cracking goals, as well as putting in some great crosses. Gowling was fantastic and no-one had a poor game. Tomlinson got loads of unfair stick i thought. He's a tryer no doubt but it's just not happening for him. Bogle showed his good side and his bad. Caused them problems with direct running but gave away possession when we were trying seeing out the game.

Only downside for me is that we could have come away with a draw if a couple of their efforts hadn't just dropped past the post with Macca beaten. We should have won the game more comfortably and from what i've seen, the league is there for the taking if we start converting our chances. No strikers scored again tonight.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.