arryarryarry
October 7, 2015, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oldun
Just a point on the much maligned Tomlinson. He is playing because he works harder for the team than the others. Of course he is desperate to score, probably trying too hard. He smashed a shot just wide when just a bit more composure may have had an end result. His second effort which was saved by the keeper was a sharp chance after he had unselfishly tried to set ?Nathan up for his hatrick. It is possible when he gets his first goal he may go on to get several. Unfortunately when our two sub strikers came on it was at a stage when the midfield had been pushed back so we're forced to chase long balls and had less support.. Having said that Bogle must do much better when not in possession, he switches off too easily. Yes he looks a goal threat but there is lots to improve in his overall game.

Can't really disagree with that, although I wouldn't go so far to say they pushed us back in those last 20 minutes, we felt that the midfield and at times the back four were too deep, which allowed them to come at us which put us under some pressure and didn't support Amond and Bogle enough.

I've mentioned elsewhere, a great performance by Nathan Arnold and one of the best team performances for some time, even better than the 4-0 win at Southport.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
ivanosandwich
October 7, 2015, 10:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from pontoonlew
The negativity is creeping back because Hurst has brought it back IMO. His strange decisions and cagey post match interviews trying to justify said strange decisions are getting on fans nerves.

Not only this but on the pitch, we don't seem as exciting as we were earlier in the season. You sensed despite conceding silly goals, we'd eventually click and start hammering teams on the regular.

I find it a very 'us v them' attitude around the club again at the moment, and forgive me for this opinion but I think a lot of it revolves around one man...

Earlier in the season, we were more exciting but we were also drawing and in some cases, losing games we should have won.

Now we may be less exciting, but we are getting better results, which currently sees us in a great league position at this stage of the season.

Yes I want to be entertained and want to see loads of goals and more performances like last night but I would take less than exciting 1-0 wins until the end of the season if that's what it takes to get out of this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
Mariner1980
October 7, 2015, 10:23am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
Anyone know who the plonker was at half time and full time at the tunnel, booing and giving the players grief?
He offered me outside for a fight because I told him to politely F off and go somewhere else if he wanted to act like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
Les Brechin
October 7, 2015, 10:26am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Mariner1980
Anyone know who the plonker was at half time and full time at the tunnel, booing and giving the players grief?
He offered me outside for a fight because I told him to politely F off and go somewhere else if he wanted to act like that.

Paul Hurst?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
Mariner1980
October 7, 2015, 10:33am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
Quoted from Les Brechin

Paul Hurst?  

Ha, no I don't think it was him. Although, given his short stature, he could probably have given me a nasty punch in the veg.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
gtfc98
October 7, 2015, 10:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Really entertaining game, well done town!

End to end stuff, edge of your seat kind of game

Hurst has once again proven he's got the tactical knowledge to get us out of this dire league. With our Hursty at the helm and the fans behind him we could be an unstoppable force.

Proud of the lads tonight, they gave their all and are a credit to themselves and the club!

An enjoyable game, keep it up town

UTM

Thought you were selling your season ticket with a buy-back clause if Hurst gets that sack? Tosser.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
Rick12
October 7, 2015, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Trawler
Arnold absolutely outstanding. East and Nathan linked up well and will be a potent combo if allowed to continue playing together.

Every player grafted. Good team effort.  

We were comfortably better than them. Nothing to suggest they will still be in the mix later on.

That's the first half decent ref we've seen for ages. And a half decent game of football as a result.

Hurts persists with Tomlinson as a starter. He ran his socks off but offered little. He and Pitman didn't seem to click. I want to see the Amond/Pitman frontline that was so successful in pre-season. But what are the odds Tomlinson will get the nod. Again.
To be fair to Hurst I wouldent be surprised if he does change it.Listening to some of his interviews no ones position is safe which is good to hear as it shows players have to earn the right to wear the shirt

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
friskneymariner
October 7, 2015, 3:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
The ghost of Rob Scott.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
rancido
October 7, 2015, 4:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Tommy
Just one more thing to add. I didn't know Paddy Mc was playing until he was going off and people were applauding. Genuinely didn't notice him.

Which kind of shows we were right to let him go IMO.

But they played him out wide ( just like PH ) which is not his natural position. He is more suited to playing centre mid in a 4-3-3 system , like he did at York in their promotion season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2015, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from rancido

But they played him out wide ( just like PH ) which is not his natural position. He is more suited to playing centre mid in a 4-3-3 system , like he did at York in their promotion season.

Don't know why anyone would red cross this as it is 100% true.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.