9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
A Brace Of Tees
October 6, 2015, 11:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 3
Hurst is right to criticise sarcastivc applause of the best keeper we've had for years. One thing is absolutely certain - that would never happen at an away match where the supporters always seem to give unconditional support to every player. My guess is that the minority boo-boys at Blundell Park have probably never got off their fat arses to go and watch Town away from home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
ginnywings
October 6, 2015, 11:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from moosey_club

or Pittman or Makreth...as all three have coincided havnt they?

Good point but i think Mackreth was more out of necessity with Arnold being sidelined and Pittman got his chance when Podge injured his ankle and scored a few, so he couldn't be left out. However it came about, the results have improved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
promotion plaice
October 6, 2015, 11:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
I must be missing something here because i clapped Tomlinson off because he is a Town player.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
HotToddy
October 7, 2015, 12:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
Nice one Hursty. Hope he knows it's just a few braindeads that boo and a sarcastic to their own players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
Mariner_09
October 7, 2015, 7:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Had a split opinion on Hurst's interview last night, agreed with most of it to tell the truth. I agreed with but you could tell he was in a prickly mood when he opened with "Is that a question you want me to answer?" JT asked the questions the fans want to hear the answers to and Hurst didn't seem to understand that someone might have a different opinion to him. He seemed very sure that he was right. By the sounds of it JT also got an ear full off air!

He doesn't help himself though, personally I applauded Tomlinson off because I thought he played well, he chased lost causes, held the ball up well and brought others into play and played a  number of good, intricate balls through the defensive line.

Also I think Macca, would have got that anywhere, like JT also said and it's not a specific Grimsby Town thing. Having said that, I totally agreed that Macca didn't need that sarcastic applause and that the team come first when it comes to selections and not an individual. I  thought Bogle and Podge offered less than JP and Tomlinson did when they were on. Tomlinson just needs a goal to boost his confidence and I'm sure once he gets one he'll get a shed load.

JT was also right about that the hurt of 5 years in "non-league" has built up and we are desperate to get out and I also agree that Hurst doesn't seem to appreciate this either. Wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to see JP and Tomlinson play on Saturday, and as always I will get behind the team hope we win, as I think some on here want players to fail just so they can moan.

Keep believing! For goodness sake everyone we just won and played as well as any other time in this league let alone this season in the first half.

Hurst has always had a touchy edge though, remember the rocketing we got when Lenny buried that penalty in the dying seconds against Woking a couple of years ago?

UTM!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
MarinerMal
October 7, 2015, 8:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
I don't think he does himself any favours by having a whinge about the fans. Like he said, it's a minority not the majority so concentrate on majority or don't mention it at all.

There will always be the whingers. The fact that he has told them to stop it, as if talking to naughty school children isn't going to have the desired effect. Keep winning, that is the only way to shut them up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 7, 2015, 8:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tommy
Agree with what Hurst said re:the fans.

How could anyone think sarcastically cheering Macca catching the ball would help him, or help the team?
And cheering Tomlinson going off, who had actually played well, what goes through people's heads when they do these things?

Could have been worse - remember when the Kop sang "Careless Hands" to Gary Sprake when he put one in his own net?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
codcheeky
October 7, 2015, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Hurst is right to criticise sarcastivc applause of the best keeper we've had for years. One thing is absolutely certain - that would never happen at an away match where the supporters always seem to give unconditional support to every player. My guess is that the minority boo-boys at Blundell Park have probably never got off their fat arses to go and watch Town away from home.

The few that tried to start a Hurst out chant at Braintree last year were soon told to shut up or F off.  The away support is exactly that ;-support and part of the reason our away record has been so good. No one i have ever worked with suddenly works harder or gains confidence by being slagged off
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
ROKERITE
October 7, 2015, 9:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from nightrider
Christ whats he going to do when he manages in the Premiership and gets 40k plus fans booing and having a go

He's not on his way to The SOL now is he? He'll turn us down anyway, everybody does!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
arryarryarry
October 7, 2015, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I haven't heard the interview yet (as we cannot get it on our PCs at work ) but if his comments about some of the fans were in answer to a question from JT then fair enough, but this wouldn't be the first time he has had a moan about some of the fans and for me managers should just let it go, having a moan wont win those fans back as even Alan Buckley found.

If JT wanted to ask a question about the fans perhaps a more pertinent one would have been why did he think there was 1200 fans missing from Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.