Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca is awesome
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 132 Guests

Macca is awesome

This thread currently has 3,398 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
October 6, 2015, 10:49pm
Guest User
James Macca is an awesome goalkeeper and we are very lucky to have him.

I am struggling to think of a single keeper at our level or even a league or two above that I would rather have instead. There simply isn't one.

A striker misses a chance he gets another chance.

An outfield player makes a bad pass, oh well nothing too drastic.

An outfield player fouls, oh well crap happens.

But a keeper makes less than a handful of mistakes and nobody forgets. But hey with the heroics that Macca has shown consistently over the years, we forgive in the knowledge that he is otherwise superb.

He was forgiven for the mistake in the play offs at Gateshead two seasons ago. Because we all know how good he is.

We were all relieved when he then signed a new contract. Why? Because we all know how good he is !

People often say that old cliche about "people always remembering when a keeper makes a mistake". Actually that cliche should be re-written. It should read "people always remember when a top keeper makes a mistake, because it doesn't happen too often".

The alternative could be a keeper when you don't remember the mistakes because they happen too often.

We must all unite in our support for Macca as a superb Grimsby Town goalkeeper, even in the knowledge that the best keepers will make a mistake now and then.
mariner91
October 6, 2015, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,553
Gold Stars: 259
Hear hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
highcliff mariner
October 6, 2015, 10:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Thanks for that ! Now we all know.
Me ? I've never bought into the best keeper outside the league hype,but hey ho he's our keeper and gets my support .
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Caesar
October 6, 2015, 11:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
I am someone who thinks his levels have dropped a little in the past 2 years and thinks he can lack a little bit of concentration.  Yet I still agree completely with what you have said.  He set himself some impossibly high standards but even now is a top class keeper who is above this level imo.  Yeah he will make a mistake or 2 but he will also pull out stunning and crucial saves, and having shown us loyalty I think we owe it him back too!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
lukeo
October 6, 2015, 11:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,298
Gold Stars: 134
he was the best keeper 2-3 years back,  he's still brilliant and I'd say top 3-4, he's solid, settled and committed to this, our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Maringer
October 6, 2015, 11:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,380
Gold Stars: 184
I think you can expect a keeper to make one or two real howlers a season, but that's 4 from him already so far.

A real pity because he has certainly been back to his old form in recent weeks, but hopefully he will put this behind him quickly. Obviously, very helpful that this mistake didn't cost any points this time!

Let's hope he doesn't make any more mistakes until we're clear at the top of the table and can't be caught!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
arryarryarry
October 7, 2015, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,058
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 120790

But a keeper makes less than a handful of mistakes and nobody forgets. But hey with the heroics that Macca has shown consistently over the years, we forgive in the knowledge that he is otherwise superb.

I'm a big fan of James and all keepers make mistakes but like great goals the one last night and against Gateshead in the play-off semi-final are hard to forget because they were major blunders.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
arryarryarry
October 7, 2015, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,058
Gold Stars: 116
PS I did feel sorry for him with the ironic cheers when he caught one.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
MarinerGaz
October 7, 2015, 3:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
The save against Tranmere (even at close range) was world class!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Mrs Doyle
October 7, 2015, 3:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Macca is still a class act nobody needs to tell him about that blunder dont quite know why but shitt happens, even David Seamen playing for England and the great  Peter Schmeichel have all been there move on Macca we are still 100% behind you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca is awesome

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.