2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
October 8, 2015, 10:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
Need a good memory to recall his GTFC career, but he scored his 1st international goal tonight to help N.I qualify.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
October 8, 2015, 11:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Good that another British country has qualified as well. Of course, the Jocks have screwed the pooch once again. Tough group for them, however.

A very late Newell era signing (before any alleged tie-wiggling) but he's obviously done well for himself since then. Can't believe he's only 25 now. Just goes to show how much Newell had lost the plot, signing a couple of all but untested teenagers to try and stop the rot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
ginnywings
October 8, 2015, 11:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
He was described by someone on the BBC sports page as having the touch of a bouncy castle.  

As for the Scots, they seem to invent new and interesting ways of shooting themselves in the foot, which was compounded by the Republic beating Germany with their one and only chance of the game after being totally outplayed. Football eh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
LH
October 8, 2015, 11:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Scotland will finally get their independence next summer as everyone else will be in France for a few weeks!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
fiveallive
October 9, 2015, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
He had a brief loan spell from Cardiff City, Stuart watkiss brought him in with Tomi Ameobi and Marvin Kamara if i remember Mike Newell took over and sent them all back he did the hit bar with a great effort if remember. Tomi Ameobi was awful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Maringer
October 9, 2015, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
No, I think it was the other way round. Newell brought them in and Woods sent them back after he took over as caretaker.

God, I'd forgotten about Ameobi. Possibly the most hopeless forward I've ever seen playing for us. He just didn't look as though he had any idea of what he was supposed to be doing on a football pitch - couldn't control the ball, didn't know where to run, didn't do anything at all. Surely a case of dining out on his brother's name, so to speak. The fact he's made a career out of football boggles the mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Grantham_Mariner
October 9, 2015, 1:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Didn't he break his leg first game for us?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
FishOutOfWater
October 9, 2015, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from fiveallive
He had a brief loan spell from Cardiff City, Stuart watkiss brought him in with Tomi Ameobi and Marvin Kamara if i remember Mike Newell took over and sent them all back he did the hit bar with a great effort if remember. Tomi Ameobi was awful.

Josh's Town career according to Soccerbase was a start against Rochdale in Newell's final game and then a week later coming on as a sub at Bournemouth in Woods' first game in (caretaker) charge

Must have been an eye opener for a teenager coming to our place in that season (09/10)....at least he's moved on and up in the last six years so good luck to the lad with N.I.

My only recollection of Ameobi was when we played at home to Barnet ( 08/09) and lost 1-0 just after AB's last departure which has to go down as one of the worst perfomances I've ever seen from us

I was in the Upper for that game and I remember some people near me leaving with only an hour gone...we were dire and it was clear to see Watkiss didn't have any idea what to do, which must have sealed his fate if he thought he might get the job full time. The worst possible sort of "interview" I guess

Still at least now we have something to feel positive about....as much as we were still in the league then, we weren't half served up with some dross!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 15
RichMariner
October 9, 2015, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I remember Magennis joining us on loan - he said in his interview that he was equally as comfortable playing in goal!

It's rare you find a professional who can also play between the sticks with some degree of accomplishment.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Teestogreen
October 9, 2015, 5:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
I was sure I saw Josh M. play for us and was at the Rochdale match, when we lost 0-2 (so that was probably it), I think O'Grady scored but could be wrong) and Mike Newell was relieved of his duties.
Was a bit of a jinx to be honest, cos was at the Chester  match (2-3) when Sir Alan was relieved of his duties, when I was averaging around 1 home game a season.
Paul is a survivor though.    

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Josh Magennis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.