Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spot on Hursty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 105 Guests

Spot on Hursty

This thread currently has 5,050 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
October 9, 2015, 9:35am
Guest User
Spot o Hursty. Exactly the type of culture needed in a club like ours, with a good squad with strength in depth.

Podge and Omar need to grab the opportunity. Personally I hope he drops Tomlinson but hey ho.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....66-detail/story.html
Biccys
October 9, 2015, 10:06am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I liked his mention of Monkhouse up front. Although he's not that mobile, he wins everything in the air and will hold it up for others, like Lenny used to. Plus he's a better finisher than Lenny ever was. I like that this will also open up the wings for Marshall and Arnold. Could be a pretty fearsome attacking lineup with Podge or Bogle up front with Monkey. Exciting.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 27
excusebeef
October 9, 2015, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
It seems like yet again we have a good team spirit, especially with what Arnold was saying after coming back. Seems great to have positivity within the camp, shame the minority out of the camp keep moaning. Think it really could be our year if we all back the team & manager no matter what
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Mrbump53
October 9, 2015, 11:52am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
As a newcomer to the forum it is interesting to read some of the comments made regarding the PH interview after the game. As a manager he should defend the players and quite rightly. The only concern was in reference to the comment he didn't mind that the strikers didn't score as long as we won. What would he be saying if we didn't ?

Also the comment that when Bogle and Amond were scoring we were not winning really is nothing to do with the pairing up front but rather the defending and goalkeeping.

All I would say to PH is do not forget the fans - we are entitled to our opinions (correct or not) and don't forget we support GTFC ! Managers and players come and go but we remain (some of us for a long time as a former Barrett Stand occupier) and we want the best for the club.

I for one will be positive but allow to me to get frustrated from time to time !

UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Rick12
October 9, 2015, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Biccys
I liked his mention of Monkhouse up front. Although he's not that mobile, he wins everything in the air and will hold it up for others, like Lenny used to. Plus he's a better finisher than Lenny ever was. I like that this will also open up the wings for Marshall and Arnold. Could be a pretty fearsome attacking lineup with Podge or Bogle up front with Monkey. Exciting.
Marshall and Arnold are pure quality for this level.Sooner them two are back and fit and firing on all cylinders Iam very hopeful about our chances this season.However like Hurst says its not just about individuals but the team. Collectively if everyone is pulling in the same direction and the effort is forthcoming in games then Iam hopeful.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Rodley Mariner
October 9, 2015, 12:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Mrbump53
As a newcomer to the forum it is interesting to read some of the comments made regarding the PH interview after the game. As a manager he should defend the players and quite rightly. The only concern was in reference to the comment he didn't mind that the strikers didn't score as long as we won. What would he be saying if we didn't ?

Also the comment that when Bogle and Amond were scoring we were not winning really is nothing to do with the pairing up front but rather the defending and goalkeeping.

All I would say to PH is do not forget the fans - we are entitled to our opinions (correct or not) and don't forget we support GTFC ! Managers and players come and go but we remain (some of us for a long time as a former Barrett Stand occupier) and we want the best for the club.

I for one will be positive but allow to me to get frustrated from time to time !

UTM  

Always good to have a new poster. I think PH would say that the front two are the first line of defence and that we are more solid when they are working hard and closing down opposition defenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
ginnywings
October 9, 2015, 12:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
I don't think Marshall will ever be a regular starter. Will get used to cover injuries/suspensions and as an impact sub, unless he's learned to track back and defend while he's been away.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Rick12
October 9, 2015, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't think Marshall will ever be a regular starter. Will get used to cover injuries/suspensions and as an impact sub, unless he's learned to track back and defend while he's been away.
Accept your view as youve probably seen more of him than me but for me in the 15 or so minutes I saw him against Forest Green I thought the lad at this level looks top draw.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Mrbump53
October 9, 2015, 12:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Rick12
Accept your view as youve probably seen more of him than me but for me in the 15 or so minutes I saw him against Forest Green I thought the lad at this level looks top draw.

Same here. Thought he got past the defence more than once and from what I have seen of him this season he has improved from his previous spell with GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
ginnywings
October 9, 2015, 2:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12

I agree but i don't think Hurst does. He has a lot of ability but can he do it over 90 mins and help out the full back as well? That is what Hurst will be looking at.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Spot on Hursty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.