3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
October 11, 2015, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
If we are not in the top two after the Xmas fixtures should Hurst be sacked?????
All on here know I want him gone.

No not a scooby doo who we would get in before you ask.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 12:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Very small parameters. Top 2 by the new year? When in the new year? We could finish second and be in this league next year or we could finish 5th and go up. Think we are consigned to our fate by then and see how the season ends before making that sort of decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
grimsby pete
October 11, 2015, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
It does not matter what we think,

BUT

The board will not get rid if we are in spitting distance of the play offs.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Marinerz93
October 11, 2015, 12:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone in the top 5 can strike at the title if the points gap is close enough so top 2 position is irrelevant.

I would prefer to leading the pack but to do that you need to consistently win games and go on a winning run.

Yes we are unbeaten but it remains to be seen that we are ruthless enough to create enough wins from draws.

I believe we will make the play off's but I am not convinced we have enough at this moment in time to go up either as champions or through the play off's.

We have more draws than anybody in this league, turn that around and we have the potential to be Champions.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
LH
October 11, 2015, 12:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
We could be second and 20pts behind or seventh and 2pts behind by then.

We're 7th and 4 behind second place Cheltenham who are at BP in just under three weeks. Why not just concentrate on the short term and two winnable games in the next 6 days?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
TAGG
October 11, 2015, 12:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Very small parameters. Top 2 by the new year? When in the new year? We could finish second and be in this league next year or we could finish 5th and go up. Think we are consigned to our fate by then and see how the season ends before making that sort of decision.

Ok for you. The Lincoln game I think that one ends the Xmas fixtures.
Sorry for not making it clear enough for you.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
ex-merseymariner
October 11, 2015, 12:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from TAGG
If we are not in the top two after the Xmas fixtures should Hurst be sacked?????
All on here know I want him gone.   No not a scooby doo who we would get in before you ask.

No.

Firstly; there are 9 National league games between now and Xmas, maybe less with postponements.
Secondly, by this Tuesday night, we could be 4th or 13th; it is that close at the moment.
And finally, we are on the verge of going 10 games unbeaten.

Are you seriously suggesting sacking the manager if we're not in the top 2 at Christmas?  Really? It's hardly positive thinking is it?

FFS

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Marinerz93
October 11, 2015, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LH
We could be second and 20pts behind or seventh and 2pts behind by then.

We're 7th and 4 behind second place Cheltenham who are at BP in just under three weeks. Why not just concentrate on the short term and two winnable games in the next 6 days?

So far we have 6 wins, 8 draws and 2 defeats, turn just 2 of those draws into wins and we are joint 2nd on goal difference with Cheltenham.  Hurst is setting us up to cancel out the opposition and in doing so is shackling us with draws.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
TAGG
October 11, 2015, 12:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

No.

Firstly; there are 9 National league games between now and Xmas, maybe less with postponements.
Secondly, by this Tuesday night, we could be 4th or 13th; it is that close at the moment.
And finally, we are on the verge of going 10 games unbeaten.

Are you seriously suggesting sacking the manager if we're not in the top 2 at Christmas?  Really? It's hardly positive thinking is it?

FFS

FFS
It's a simple question with two simple answers.
No ifs buts or flipping maybes

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
chaos33
October 11, 2015, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
It's no good to me that question so I can't take part in your poll.

However, this is my view - we should be in the title race, full stop.

If we can't manage that, we should be very definitely in the play off hunt. I'm not really happy about settling for that, but not much the fans can do beyond what they already have. Hurst isn't going to be sacked unless we fall badly out of touch with the top five. All league positions outside of top spot are the same to me - 2nd means the same as 5th. It doesn't really matter whether you or I believe Hurst will get us promoted (personally I am unconvinced) but we need to get on with it. If we're decisively out of the title race by the new year I'll be unhappy and angry, but it won't do me or anyone else any good venting, although I will do that.

As long as we're half way or above and in with a shout of the play offs the board will be ok with that, rendering your poll a bit meaningless really. We might as well accept that Hurst will be here until the end of the season, barring disasters.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Position at Xmas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.