Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
With injuries the defence picks itself imo

Who would you play up front ?

Here's my team

Macca

Tait   Toto      Pearson    East

Arnold  Clay    Disley    Marshall (if fit )

Bogle   Amond

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
October 11, 2015, 4:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Who knows?

I reckon a couple of loanees will come in tomorrow and straight into the team in true Hurst style. I would say that the picture Disley posted earlier would mean he is a doubt for Tuesday with a very swollen eye.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,118
Gold Stars: 548
They have the worst away record in the league, so any combination of players should be too much for them, he says, only half convinced.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
tintowner
October 11, 2015, 4:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from LH
Who knows?

I reckon a couple of loanees will come in tomorrow and straight into the team in true Hurst style. I would say that the picture Disley posted earlier would mean he is a doubt for Tuesday with a very swollen eye.

I agree........... a loanee straight into the defence with either Toto or Tait left on the subs bench.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Fat Cobra
October 11, 2015, 4:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
I'd prefer seeing Tomlinson start ahead of Amond on Tuesday, think he brings more to the team. Tomlinson and Bogle looked like a great pairing yesterday, these two could lead us to promotion if consistently picked. Tomlinson offers us much more than any other striker currently at the club. He has a strikers instinct which I haven't seen in any of our other players, a real eye for goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 4:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from tintowner

I agree........... a loanee straight into the defence with either Toto or Tait left on the subs bench.

If so that's another complete PH p1ss take.

Macca, Tait, East, Toto, Shaun, Dis, Clay, Arnold, Marshall (McKreth, if Marshall is injured) Omar and Podge. They are not that good away so lets get a couple of youngsters on the bench too,      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 4:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,118
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Fat Cobra
I'd prefer seeing Tomlinson start ahead of Amond on Tuesday, think he brings more to the team. Tomlinson and Bogle looked like a great pairing yesterday, these two could lead us to promotion if consistently picked. Tomlinson offers us much more than any other striker currently at the club. He has a strikers instinct which I haven't seen in any of our other players, a real eye for goal.

Worst WUM ever.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
devs
October 11, 2015, 5:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Monkhouse needs a 'rest'... but I fear he is undroppable and certainly unsubbable (not sure that's a word)

Back five picks itself with injuries from Saturday

Marshall (if fit) for Monkhouse

Bogle and Amond up top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Fat Cobra

I'll have a pint of whatever you have been drinking!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
fiveallive
October 11, 2015, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Its hard to pick a team without knowing who's available at the moment,

Mckeown

Tait
Nsiala
Pearson (c)
East

Mackreth/ Marshall
Clay
Disley/ Monkhouse
Arnold

Amond
Bogle

Bastock or Warrington
Clifton/ Disley
Venney
Marshall/ Mackreth
Tomlinson

Reading posts that we might be without Disley, Marshall carrying a knock, Gowling and Roberston and still be without Brown. And not knowing if we have had any extra additions by the time we play Halifax this was the best team available for me.

If Marshall is fit he will play, also think i said at the time keep Matt Robinson for the extra month or 2 with brown being no where near being fit. Hurst might have to get back on the phone to John Still to get Robinson in. Its going to be differcult getting anybody else in at short notice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Halifax

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.