2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 13, 2015, 10:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
how is he? hope  it's not to serious.  although can I ask for those who where at the game did our style of play change when he went off? this is no way a negative thread against him as I think he is a true gent and proper pro. just curious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
DocTower
October 13, 2015, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Think with Marshall  coming on it made us far more mobile in attack . Wingers but both different,  still feel Monkhouse would but better central midfield .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
MuddyWaters
October 13, 2015, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from lukeo
how is he? hope  it's not to serious.  although can I ask for those who where at the game did our style of play change when he went off? this is no way a negative thread against him as I think he is a true gent and proper pro. just curious.

For a while they seemed to forget that Marshall is about as good in the air as Scott Brown, he also looked better when he swapped to the right.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
chaos33
October 13, 2015, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Hurst says it's bruising rather than a break or dislocation, so maybe out at the weekend possibly. Short term anyway,rather than a serious, so good news.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Maringer
October 13, 2015, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,396
Gold Stars: 184
Oh, we only put a couple of long balls towards Marshall before cottoning on. Reckon Monkhouse could be out for a while because I know from experience that jarring a shoulder like that can take some time to recover from. A bit unfortunate as it was a bit of a nothing challenge.

Good to see us putting some decent balls down the line tonight instead of just high diagonals into the middle. Don't know why we don't seem to play that sort of a ball often enough but movement of Amond and the other attackers was great tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
moosey_club
October 13, 2015, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Shame he got injured as it would have been interesting to see him and Townsend for longer....however Marshall / Townsend looked good with both of them taking it in turns to do the overlap, something that Monkhouse doesnt do, definately gave us another dimension IMO  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
lukeo
October 13, 2015, 10:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
cheers guys,  hope you're right and it's a quick recovery I like monkey but I'm someone who likes to see pace on both flanks.
utm see you at torquay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
diehardmariner
October 14, 2015, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,396
Gold Stars: 532
As much as I would have liked Marshall to start, Monkhouse started like a house on fire.   When he went off we missed him as Marshall took a bit of time to get into the game.

Second half Marshall got into his stride and started to show signs of a very, very promising partnership with Townsend.  

Definitely a different dimension to our game when Marshall plays, also gives the option of the two wingers dove tailing which always keeps full backs on their toes.  

Halifax were absolute bobbins at the back but it was pleasing to see that Amond and Bogle weren't dominated from McKeown's goalkicks, once we realised that Marshall wouldn't be flicking it on like Monkhouse does.  Often it wasn't a header but more just getting in front of the man or even forcing the defender into mistakes.

Regards Monkhouse, my initial thought was it was his collarbone.  He held it very much like a cyclist does when they come off.  Pleased that it's only bruising but that isn't something he'll come back from in a couple of days.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
chaos33
October 14, 2015, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I guess it could turn out to be a collar bone fracture or a longer lay off but I'm sure that Hurst said the club doctor had looked at it and felt it wasn't a dislocation or a break. Maringer is right - a jarred shoulder can be very painful for several weeks. Fingers crossed.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
diehardmariner
October 14, 2015, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,396
Gold Stars: 532
He had a little go at running about and whilst he was far from comfortable, I would be very surprised if it was a collarbone break.  

That was just my initial thought as he held his arm across his body when he first sat up.

Fingers crossed anyone.  We're dropping like flies!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the monk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.