Maringer
November 26, 2015, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Grim74
So people on here are happy for him to go straight into the first team to the detriment of the other lads,This man should be back up only playing in the tin pot cup, but no he will be straight in and not on his scoring record but on the basis he looks likes Hursts long gone love.

Wow, if that's what you have to say about this young lad who you've never seen play and probably have never heard of, I can only imagine how much you must have slagged off the signing of Jones. After all, he'd never scored any first team goals for any club (and still hasn't) which isn't surprising as he hadn't even made an appearance in senior football before he joined us.

Alabi is enormously experienced in comparison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
Rik e B
November 26, 2015, 7:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Boo... Hursts out!! FFS sort it Fenty!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
mariner91
November 26, 2015, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Grim74
So people on here are happy for him to go straight into the first team to the detriment of the other lads,This man should be back up only playing in the tin pot cup, but no he will be straight in and not on his scoring record but on the basis he looks likes Hursts long gone love.

Yeah! Booooo! Hurst out! For something that hasn't even happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
Les Brechin
November 26, 2015, 8:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Non sure if this has been mentioned in the previous pages but he played with Omar Bogle when they were both at Celtic.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
Grim74
November 26, 2015, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rik e B
Bit of a sweeping statement that Grim74. I'd like Jones and Amond to continue their partnership and then whoever looking the most dangerous to start after that. If they drawing blanks and Alabi comes on and grabs a brace I wouldn't begrudge him winning a starting berth.

So because he's an archetypal target man you've made him a hate figure and already conjuring up a stick to beat Hurst with before a ball has been kicked in anger?

I suggest waiting and seeing before firing mouth off but it appears you've already taken the shitlark position of judge, jury and executioner without (most likely) having ever seen him play.

Deary me.

Did Ben Tomlinson and Matt Robinson not happen then??
I seem to remember some unhappy fishy folk on here when Mr Hurst decided to drop better first teamer's just to acommodate his new loans??

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
ginnywings
November 26, 2015, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74

Did Ben Tomlinson and Matt Robinson not happen then??
I seem to remember some unhappy fishy folk on here when Mr Hurst decided to drop better first teamer's just to acommodate his new loans??

Better in whose opinion though? Despite Tomlinson not scoring, the results improved when he was in the side and Robinson was much maligned IMO. Wasn't he brought in when Clay had some "personal" issues and Brown was still injured?

Maybe the new lads have been brought in to negotiate the FA Trophy and give some players a breather. I think Hurst has been doing well lately with results and signings and i say that as not one of his biggest fans, so we need to give him some slack and see what transpires.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Abdul19
November 26, 2015, 9:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Tomlinson and Jones both made their debuts from the bench.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
Mrs Doyle
November 26, 2015, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Bloody marvelous only here could signing of players be regarded as trying to course friction in the camp. Yeah Hurst wants to upset a wining side to give you lot something to moan about. FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Garth
November 26, 2015, 10:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I trust Hurst regarding signings he`s a deep thinker and is not prone to rash judgements regarding signings, some have not been successful but most have, why not wait and see who starts and who is on the bench and judge it from there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
toontown
November 27, 2015, 12:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

Better in whose opinion though? Despite Tomlinson not scoring, the results improved when he was in the side and Robinson was much maligned IMO. Wasn't he brought in when Clay had some "personal" issues and Brown was still injured?

Maybe the new lads have been brought in to negotiate the FA Trophy and give some players a breather. I think Hurst has been doing well lately with results and signings and i say that as not one of his biggest fans, so we need to give him some slack and see what transpires.

The results have improved a lot more since Tomlinson has been left out of our starting 11 that's for sure!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ipswich player signs on loan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.