This thread currently has 1,330 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
November 29, 2015, 5:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not much been mentioned but it was great to see some absolute heroes of mine at half time yesterday.
Think a Young fit Joe Walters and Kev Drinkall would have been useful yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chelseacity
November 29, 2015, 5:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I went to watch and listen to them Friday night in the Trust bar, George Kerr  Joe Waters  Kevin Drinkell  Clive Wiggington  Nigel Batch,
it was fantastic just listening to what they had to say, all 5 of them football mad, now instead of playing they give back by talking to the fans, they are all Grimsby Town fans as well, Joe had come over all the way from Seattle in America. Many thanks to them all, i joined the Trust as well.              
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
cmackenzie4
November 29, 2015, 5:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Too right!  I've got great memories watching them all those years ago, they was part of a fantastic team. Great to see them yesterday.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2015, 5:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Not much been mentioned but it was great to see some absolute heroes of mine at half time yesterday.
Think a Young fit Joe Walters and Kev Drinkall would have been useful yesterday.

Sadly, they'd probably be playing for Scunny or Barnsley these days

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
HertsGTFC
November 29, 2015, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Due to not leaving work till tea time I could not make it on Friday............Gutted!

The line up that won the 3rd Division where my heroes and remain so till this day. Good players at their level with a strong team and club ethic who interacted with the local fans on and off the park.

Sounds familiar? It should be as despite where we are now PH has in principle at "non league" assembled a squad with similar values......not sure "a couple of pints" on a Friday night would be acceptable now though.  

One notable absentee on Friday and this weekend was Kevin Moore who passed away a few years ago in sad circumstances.........Probably the best defender and reader of the game in a Town shirt I have ever seen...RIP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Les Brechin
November 29, 2015, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Joe Waters and Kev Drinkell would have done better I reckon.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Legends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.