This thread currently has 6,107 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 30, 2015, 10:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
No male footballers on the list again this year. Has to be Sir Kev  for me but I can't see him winning it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Abdul19
November 30, 2015, 11:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
I'm not sure why there would be (a male footballer). I'm guessing McCoy will get the lifetime thing. And Ella Henderson's performing apparently.

Hang on, No Joe Root?!?!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
pizzzza
December 1, 2015, 7:18am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
I see Murray is the bookies favourite, but the only thing he has won this year is a team event.... My top three:

1. Froome
2. Farah
3. Fury
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
DocTower
December 1, 2015, 7:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Hamilton  must be up there  , as regards Murray take him out of the Davis Cup team and we have nothing . Team winners must be our paraplegic squad  .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
cjbill
December 1, 2015, 7:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
I'm surprised that Joe Root isn't there but what I don't get is the lack of Tai Woffinden, who won his 2nd Speedway World Championship and 3rd consecutive British Championship this year. I know it's a minority sport but it is still a huge achievement in sport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
ivanosandwich
December 1, 2015, 8:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
I know it's not easy to drive an F1 car and you need to be supremely fit but if you have the fastest car on the grid it does make things much easier. If he was in the Ferrari this season, he would be mid table.

It is also a team event, factory, car, mechanics, pit crew, support staff etc all help to make him the World Champion.

Wheras someone like Farah, Murray or Fury rely on the limits of their own bodies to make them the best at their chosen sport. Yes I know they all have teams behind them but compared to Hamilton, they put much more into getting to the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
ginnywings
December 1, 2015, 9:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I know it's not easy to drive an F1 car and you need to be supremely fit but if you have the fastest car on the grid it does make things much easier. If he was in the Ferrari this season, he would be mid table.

It is also a team event, factory, car, mechanics, pit crew, support staff etc all help to make him the World Champion.

Wheras someone like Farah, Murray or Fury rely on the limits of their own bodies to make them the best at their chosen sport. Yes I know they all have teams behind them but compared to Hamilton, they put much more into getting to the top.

Plus F1 is the most pointless waste of time ever and isn't even a sport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
ivanosandwich
December 1, 2015, 9:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

Plus F1 is the most pointless waste of time ever and isn't even a sport.

Yes I forgot that.

It's a faster version of the Cleethorpes carnival. Once they get into line after the first corner, that's it for 2 hours, then they all stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
Caesar
December 1, 2015, 9:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
I do get that Tyson Fury did something that was very impressive and deserves a lot of respect.  But at the same time the guy is such a class A c*** that I really don't want him anywhere near it.  

Certainly think while Murry hasn't collected a grand slam this year he has carried GB to a Davis Cup we were totally useless in a couple of years ago so have to give him all the credit for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
GrimRob
December 1, 2015, 9:55am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
[quote=130]I'm not sure why there would be (a male footballer). I/quote]

I didn't think anyone from football should be on the list just that it's depressing our main sports (football and cricket) are not contributing again. Some of the people of the list I don't even know who they are, although that's probably my failing rather than the fact they don't deserve it.

Lizzie Armitstead, Lucy Bronze, Jessica Ennis-Hill, Mo Farah, Chris Froome, Tyson Fury, Lewis Hamilton, Andy Murray, Adam Peaty, Greg Rutherford, Kevin Sinfield, Max Whitlock.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sports personality

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.