5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 6, 2016, 8:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Think you can on some but not all. Kodi is available as an Android app and can be loaded directly onto some smart TV's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
Fishy4Skin
February 7, 2016, 6:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -69
There was a time when xbmc on either the Raspberry Pi or a kindle fire HD (or some other cheap android based tablet) was the way to go for everything from free movies to free premium TV.  While it's still not too bad the sheer number of users borne out of popularity makes reliability a bit hit and miss.  For anyone still going this route I'd recommend Genesis or Phoenix addons for movies and UK Turk for sport and older movies/tv series.  However, for picture quality the must have android apps are Mobdro for live TV and Popcorn Time for movies, both loaded onto an android TV box.  I have a number of minix boxes dotted round the house and for 99 quid they are tough to beat.  If you prefer to download movies, particularly if you prefer 1080p and/or 3d then the best method I've found is to download direct from https://www.yify-torrent.org/  Then simply buy a network hard drive, copy your movies to the drive and you can then watch from any smart tv in the house.

Anyone using any of the methods above to access any content for free which you should actually be paying for must understand that such activity is illegal.  You therefore do so at your own risk, additionally anyone downloading content without top quality virus or security protection is asking for trouble.  If you want the best quality without risk then pay for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
Fan
February 7, 2016, 6:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -271
Had one for ages Kodi but word of advise you wifi needs to be good speed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 6:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Fishy4Skin
There was a time when xbmc on either the Raspberry Pi or a kindle fire HD (or some other cheap android based tablet) was the way to go for everything from free movies to free premium TV.  While it's still not too bad the sheer number of users borne out of popularity makes reliability a bit hit and miss.  For anyone still going this route I'd recommend Genesis or Phoenix addons for movies and UK Turk for sport and older movies/tv series.  However, for picture quality the must have android apps are Mobdro for live TV and Popcorn Time for movies, both loaded onto an android TV box.  I have a number of minix boxes dotted round the house and for 99 quid they are tough to beat.  If you prefer to download movies, particularly if you prefer 1080p and/or 3d then the best method I've found is to download direct from https://www.yify-torrent.org/  Then simply buy a network hard drive, copy your movies to the drive and you can then watch from any smart tv in the house.

Anyone using any of the methods above to access any content for free which you should actually be paying for must understand that such activity is illegal.  You therefore do so at your own risk, additionally anyone downloading content without top quality virus or security protection is asking for trouble.  If you want the best quality without risk then pay for it.

Genesis and Phoenix are getting worse by the week. Oversubscription leading to much buffering and having to drop to lower quality links to get them to play without trouble. I've stopped using them altogether now and just use Kodi as a media centre for music mostly, which after all, was what it was intended for. However, I'm hoping that their popularity will lead to a decrease in prices for the legal means of streaming and i will happily pay, just not the stupid amounts it now costs to have film and sport packages. Sticking with freeview and catch-up services for now and I'm not missing watching Prem games at all. Badly missing the cricket though and sometimes watch with a, shall we say, "alternative" to Sky sports.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Fishy4Skin
February 7, 2016, 9:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -69
Quoted from ginnywings

Genesis and Phoenix are getting worse by the week. Oversubscription leading to much buffering and having to drop to lower quality links to get them to play without trouble. I've stopped using them altogether now and just use Kodi as a media centre for music mostly, which after all, was what it was intended for. However, I'm hoping that their popularity will lead to a decrease in prices for the legal means of streaming and i will happily pay, just not the stupid amounts it now costs to have film and sport packages. Sticking with freeview and catch-up services for now and I'm not missing watching Prem games at all. Badly missing the cricket though and sometimes watch with a, shall we say, "alternative" to Sky sports.

And that Sir describes my position perfectly.  Instead of stupid money going to obscenely overpaid minorities, the providers should be looking to use growing subscribers to dilute the costs.   In a day where the vast majority have a mobile phone why do you have to have a land line.   Sick of being ripped off. If I buy a car I don't get told I'll pay less if I also buy a garage at the same time.  Thieving girl privates

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Tradjazz
February 7, 2016, 9:43pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Do a bit of research on the Openbox.
All Sly Sports, BT and Irish Setanta. (Sat 3:00 kick off in HD live) and MUTV in HD
Can be up and running for less than £1 per week or so I am led to believe.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 46
Tradjazz
February 7, 2016, 9:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Do a bit of research on the Openbox.
All Sly Sports, BT and Irish Setanta. (Sat 3:00 kick off in HD live) and MUTV in HD
Can be up and running for less than £1 per week or so I am led to believe.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Streaming football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.