Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The shape of things to come?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 209 Guests

The shape of things to come?

This thread currently has 6,341 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 5, 2016, 1:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
This player was courted by Liverpool but went to China instead. It's the third big signing made by the Chinese league just recently and the PL now has serious competition from another source. Is it a good thing? Hopefully it will lead to more home grown talent being used here but it could also just push up transfers even higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35500020
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Ronnie
February 5, 2016, 1:34pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Unlikely, there will be players/has beens/never was's going there but there's this new influx of tv money coming to the premier league so they'll all want here too.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
RoboCod
February 5, 2016, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
China/Asia will rule the footballing financial world though. Guardiola's first job at Citeh is to take them on a tour of China, to meet their 'fans'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
DocTower
February 5, 2016, 1:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Although stupid money has been paid for this Shaktar  player to go to China as yet we don't know anything about the Chinese league . Has anyone ever watched it ?    Names don't roll off your tongue let alone knowing where these places are in China .  Your always going to get mercenaries going just for the money , but the hard sell by TV  to convert people to watch the Asian league will have to be something .  
Had to watch Aberdeen  v Celtic the other night being at my son in laws house . Not impressed at all by the style in general or the officials . However it was good to see all British names bar two .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
ginnywings
February 5, 2016, 2:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Unlikely, there will be players/has beens/never was's going there but there's this new influx of tv money coming to the premier league so they'll all want here too.

Maybe that was true but that now seems to be changing. Top rated young players are starting to go there and the game is growing fast. Asamoah Gyan is on $350,000 per week and if they are paying that sort of money for a player like him, then god only knows what they would pay for a Ronaldo or Messi.

To counter that though, it's being reported than Man Utd offered £145 million for Neymar in the summer, so the PL is probably still top for now but with the size and wealth of China, if they take to football, there will be no stopping them.

I'm just saddened by it all. There are teams going bust at our level for less than a weeks wages for an average player in the top leagues. The game is a million miles away from where it was when i first started watching and it's not for the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Abdul19
February 5, 2016, 2:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I read somewhere the other day that the Chinese president is a massive football fan, so all the wealthy businessmen are investing/spunking money into football basically as a brown nosing exercise.

Brazilians play in every league in the world, no surprise to see them starting to go to China now there's a few yuan floating about.

Apparently part of a long term plan to host/win the world cup. Is this likely, or is it just an Anzhi Mach-a-whatsit fad that'll see Ramires signing for Al Hilal on a free in a couple of years time?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
Tom13
February 5, 2016, 3:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
I read earlier in the week that the Chinese top division is expected to soon have the 3rd biggest attendances worldwide (after the Premiership and the Bundesliga), and Ghangzhou Evergrande are getting something like 45,000 each week. While it seems like the money is helping them to get on the map, with those sort of crowds it seems like they'll be there to stay when they do break into the footballing world properly.

I guess Drogba and Anelka went there not long ago though and left pretty sharpish, not sure why but I seem to remember it was something about not being happy with the way the clubs treated them or something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
moosey_club
February 5, 2016, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,204
Gold Stars: 224
Can we start sending the Chinese media the Podge 21 video that Les put up the other week ... kerching!!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
Abdul19
February 5, 2016, 3:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Tom13

I guess Drogba and Anelka went there not long ago though and left pretty sharpish, not sure why but I seem to remember it was something about not being happy with the way the clubs treated them or something.

I thought a year was pretty good for him

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Manchester Mariner
February 5, 2016, 3:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
[IMG]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/Gallery/images/28240330/11462231.jpg[/IMG]

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The shape of things to come?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.