10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 7, 2016, 2:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Leicester are doing this well because they have 8/9/10 players all playing at or above their abilities every game for the last few months. Huth for instance has been tremendous but he might be found lacking next year if other players get injured. Vardy looks great, he could go further but he might also have reached his peak.

Ranieri reminds me of George Kerr. If it works, don't fix it. He used to be tinker man but he's matured.

The team though is basically the Pearson bunch. He's a good picker of players. He was good at finding bargains but he wasn't afraid to splash the cash either and his budget in the Championship was not the biggest. Not many would have paid £1m for An ex-non league striker at his age or risked £400k on an unknown from Le Havre. There's a moral in that somewhere.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 95
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2016, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

A team is made up of 11 players not 2. The point is that that team was using player power to oust Pearson.

He changed the flipping system! Mahrez was playing wide in a midfield 4 under Pearson - now playing right side of a front 3, have you ever watched Leicester?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 2:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
The point i am trying to make is that foreign is often seen as better and Ranieri is getting a lot of plaudits (rightly so) but Pearson did a grand job and seems to be the forgotten man in all this. He was often portrayed as a bit strange by the media. I'd just like to see more home grown players and managers in the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 95
Rick12
February 7, 2016, 2:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Leicester are doing this well because they have 8/9/10 players all playing at or above their abilities every game for the last few months. Huth for instance has been tremendous but he might be found lacking next year if other players get injured. Vardy looks great, he could go further but he might also have reached his peak.

Ranieri reminds me of George Kerr. If it works, don't fix it. He used to be tinker man but he's matured.

The team though is basically the Pearson bunch. He's a good picker of players. He was good at finding bargains but he wasn't afraid to splash the cash either and his budget in the Championship was not the biggest. Not many would have paid £1m for An ex-non league striker at his age or risked £400k on an unknown from Le Havre. There's a moral in that somewhere.
What I liked was how Shearer and Wright on match of the day last night were amazed at what this Leicester side were doing on a minimal budget.I know Shearer equated this Leicester side to the Blackburn side in which he played in 92 that took the title but this is another level.Blackburn were funded by a millionaire this Leicester side has just been funded on passion and work ethic.I love it and I hope they go on and win it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 95
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2016, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
The point i am trying to make is that foreign is often seen as better and Ranieri is getting a lot of plaudits (rightly so) but Pearson did a grand job and seems to be the forgotten man in all this. He was often portrayed as a bit strange by the media. I'd just like to see more home grown players and managers in the leagues.

Wouldn't we all Ginny, but the fact is that there are players like Mahrez and Kante who are a lot cheaper than their more lauded peers who are no better eg Sterling, Henderson, Wilshere to name but a few.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 95
aldi_01
February 7, 2016, 3:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Pearson did OK? Would he have made them anything other than a relegation team? I doubt it. Interestingly with all the jobs that have been flying around since his departure and he's not had a sniff.

Whatever has happened at Leicester is good for the real fans but I suspect in the echelons of the premier league it's giving them a headache. Champions or not, you can't sell Leicester v Stoke to foreign markets, they simply aren't interested. Whether that's a good thing is debatable but to the top flight the foreign market is where the cash is.

And to think...if Pearson's lad hadn't poked a Thai hooker and been racist to her Leicester would be fighting a relegation battle, not favourites for the title...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 3:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aldi_01
Pearson did OK? Would he have made them anything other than a relegation team? I doubt it. Interestingly with all the jobs that have been flying around since his departure and he's not had a sniff.

Whatever has happened at Leicester is good for the real fans but I suspect in the echelons of the premier league it's giving them a headache. Champions or not, you can't sell Leicester v Stoke to foreign markets, they simply aren't interested. Whether that's a good thing is debatable but to the top flight the foreign market is where the cash is.

And to think...if Pearson's lad hadn't poked a Thai hooker and been racist to her Leicester would be fighting a relegation battle, not favourites for the title...

That's a massive assumption.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 95
Rodley Mariner
February 7, 2016, 3:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Rick12
What I liked was how Shearer and Wright on match of the day last night were amazed at what this Leicester side were doing on a minimal budget.I know Shearer equated this Leicester side to the Blackburn side in which he played in 92 that took the title but this is another level.Blackburn were funded by a millionaire this Leicester side has just been funded on passion and work ethic.I love it and I hope they go on and win it

Aren't the Leicester side funded by passion, work ethic and a Thai billionaire?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 95
Rick12
February 7, 2016, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Aren't the Leicester side funded by passion, work ethic and a Thai billionaire?
Probably but not to the same extent as Blackburn were

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 95
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2016, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Probably but not to the same extent as Blackburn were

Ahhh Jackk Walkerasinhe, that famous Thai billionaire.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.