10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 7, 2016, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
I once drove through Leicester and I don't give a toss either way.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 95
nightrider
February 7, 2016, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I live in Leicester, pass the stadium every other day and cant stand them. Horrible club, even worse City!
Amazed by all the positive comments about them. Whilst Town went into free fall after the ITV thing, they had a lot of debt written off. They should have dropped a couple of leagues similar to Leeds? / Luton. If you were to dislike any club it should be them.
It wasn't long ago that they were struggling to get 15k to games - the city is 10times the size of Grimsby. Kids were walking around with Chelsea tops on all over. You can half expect it with us but Leicester. As soon as they won promotion you wouldn't have been able to get a season ticket let alone a ticket
When Vardy was signed he was excrement according to their fans. Now he's one of their own.
I really cant stand em - hope Spurs or Arsenal beat them. That said, I love Ranieri. Shame Chelsea didn't keep him

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 6:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from nightrider
I live in Leicester, pass the stadium every other day and cant stand them. Horrible club, even worse City!
Amazed by all the positive comments about them. Whilst Town went into free fall after the ITV thing, they had a lot of debt written off. They should have dropped a couple of leagues similar to Leeds? / Luton. If you were to dislike any club it should be them.
It wasn't long ago that they were struggling to get 15k to games - the city is 10times the size of Grimsby. Kids were walking around with Chelsea tops on all over. You can half expect it with us but Leicester. As soon as they won promotion you wouldn't have been able to get a season ticket let alone a ticket
When Vardy was signed he was excrement according to their fans. Now he's one of their own.
I really cant stand em - hope Spurs or Arsenal beat them. That said, I love Ranieri. Shame Chelsea didn't keep him

I totally get what you are saying but how long do you hold a grudge against them? Is the hierarchy still there that made that decision and if it was done within the rules, then it is the rules that are wrong. The points deduction punishment was implemented as a result of Leicester getting promoted to the Prem while in admin as a result of the complaints received from other clubs after the event. Although it may leave a bad taste in the mouth, they must have operated within the rules of the league. Where did playing fair get us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 95
nightrider
February 7, 2016, 8:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I'll be holding a grudge till my death, at the very least!
I'd like Spurs to win it

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 95
Marinerz93
February 7, 2016, 8:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I can see how some would like Leicester to ruffle the feathers of the big boys but those people have short memories.

Leicester / Pompey and others owed us money and didn't pay, I can never wish anyone good luck who has done us wrong.

We were one of the smallest clubs in the then Championship and the financial burden on us could have been eased if those clubs had honoured those payments.  They basically flicked the V's at us instead of paying what we were due.

We honoured our debts.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 8:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Marinerz93
I can see how some would like Leicester to ruffle the feathers of the big boys but those people have short memories.

Leicester / Pompey and others owed us money and didn't pay, I can never wish anyone good luck who has done us wrong.

We were one of the smallest clubs in the then Championship and the financial burden on us could have been eased if those clubs had honoured those payments.  They basically flicked the V's at us instead of paying what we were due.

We honoured our debts.

I have no recollection of this. Not saying you are wrong but why did they and others owe us money? I never used to take notice of anything other than the football, so don't really recall anything about finances from the time. Not so much a short memory as no memory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 95
Southwark Mariner
February 7, 2016, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Marinerz93

We honoured our debts.

Honest question....how did they owe us money?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 95
TownSNAFU5
February 7, 2016, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Leicester have kept the same starting eleven for their last 5 matches.  Not sure what this says but they have not done too bad have they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 95
Marinerz93
February 7, 2016, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

I have no recollection of this. Not saying you are wrong but why did they and others owe us money? I never used to take notice of anything other than the football, so don't really recall anything about finances from the time. Not so much a short memory as no memory.

£100k Parachute payments when Portsmouth, Leicester and Wolves got promoted to the Prem whilst Town, Wednesday and Brighton were relegated to what is now League 1 (old money league 3).

As far as I can remember none of them have paid up, I will hold my hands up if proven wrong.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 95
GrimRob
February 7, 2016, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Leicester have kept the same starting eleven for their last 5 matches.  Not sure what this says but they have not done too bad have they?

Maybe they've stumbled upon a tactic hitherto undiscovered of sticking to the same team.

As to whether we should hate them I am sure some people keep mental grudge lists alongside dozens of clubs to reel out as injustices committed against us in the distant past. Anything to avoid praising or even vaguely liking another side.

Personally I think the Premier League has been fantastic this season and a huge change over weekends of Super Sundays comprising endless matches between the same old sides.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.