promotion plaice
February 6, 2016, 5:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Another tough team in the playoffs.

I reckon by then we will have impressive loan signing/s to complement the team and fear nobody in the play-offs. I could be way off the mark here but I just have a feeling that Town have some serious money left (at this level) to sign some real quality, but you're not going to broadcast it are you.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 127
TownSNAFU5
February 6, 2016, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Just our luck:  Champions Chelsea and Man City can't wait to lose their next matches.  Despite all their dosh.  

Cheltenham and FGR can't stop winning on a consistent basis.  Or scoring late winners.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 127
ginnywings
February 6, 2016, 6:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Leaving it a bit thin ginny..

Unless u live very close.

1.22 miles according to my walking map. Took me about 20 mins and i arrived at 2.55, bought a ticket and sat down just as we kicked off. Didn't want to be there any longer than i had to in that weather.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 127
Grantley
February 6, 2016, 6:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Just for those pedants out there, FGR only went down to 10 after their equaliser, not that it made any difference.

Edit: No they weren't, what am I talking about?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 127
ackomariner
February 6, 2016, 7:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You would expect every play off team to be tough, we are good away have lots of play off experience and a good 1st 11.

Really baffles me why all we ever hear is how good other sides are and how we should be worried about this team and that team, maybe Tranmere would be worried about playing us? Or maybe they are just being positive about their team and not worrying about every other fornicator.

It's called the "Paul Hurst Mentality" because he says it before every game , so the players have it engrained in them, now it's getting into the fans  . He spouts it before every game we play in the telegraph

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 127
promotion plaice
February 6, 2016, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from ackomariner

It's called the "Paul Hurst Mentality" because he says it before every game , so the players have it engrained in them, now it's getting into the fans  . He spouts it before every game we play in the telegraph

But all football managers pump the opposition up before kick-off now, its the way football works and if they lose it is because they were unlucky. Not sure Clough would have seen it that way.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 127
HertsGTFC
February 6, 2016, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ackomariner

Nah mate I meant on here..................

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 127
lobsterpot
February 7, 2016, 5:55am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I started Periscoping just before the 1st goal so timed it well. If theres anyone out there without MP then have a look at this for the last 20 mins footage. Yes its excrement quality but i didnt have my tripod in my wallet and i dont get a Sky TV fee of £500,000 for getting my hands freezing cold!

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aYY.....eHUHt2fW0e_NWKf-AUO7

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.