6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 6, 2016, 5:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Well that was boring. We were dire first half, playing some kind of weird diamond that nobody seemed to understand and we had no width at all. When the full backs did get forward the crosses were mostly rubbish. They were the better side and looked the likely scorers but there was a very strong wind in their favour. A half that won't live long in the memory.

Second half after a slow start, we gradually pinned them in more and more, with the inevitable goal coming from Pittman and a superb strike it was. Only one winner after that but 3-0 was slightly flattering.

Thought Marshall was god awful first half but improved in the second, not that it was difficult. Bogle i thought was inept today. Chuntering at the ref and just being mostly ineffective. His positioning and runs off the ball looked all wrong at times to me and his finishing was not up to much either. Henderson looks like a good footballer but doesn't have the cut and thrust for this league and i don't see him playing much part. Best player was Nolan, who played some very astute passes in behind, gets around the pitch quickly and scored. Most impressive was seeing him bust a gut to get free for our third, when the game was won and we were in injury time. Really like the look of him and he will make a good partner for Dis. New lad just did his job with nowt to report.
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
February 6, 2016, 5:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
High quality, all action first half - in opposite land. Looked a certain 0-0 for most of the game and 3-0 flattered us.

Agree with Ginny re: Nolan - very good passer of the ball and a good signing so far I'd say. Definitely motm today.

Where on earth the alleged 1600 crowd was I don't know. There must have been a big turnout from the local ghost community - was there an offer on for them?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
Davec
February 6, 2016, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
What was peoples opinions on Horwood ?

Did he do anything good, anything bad etc? does he get forward etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
Mariner Ronnie
February 6, 2016, 5:43pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Drab first half, though expected nothing more, cracking goal by Pittman

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
DocTower
February 6, 2016, 5:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Got to agree with that Ginny . Didn't realise how cold it was until I got back home .  They weren't anything special just an awkward side to play against.  We just can't break a team down . Their number 9 , big lad , looked the part , shielded and laid the ball off well , but not much help around him . They were pretty solid at the back which with us playing this diamond thing  made it easy for them . Bogle  and Pittman doesn't work , ref didn't give us much and Clay getting booked was harsh considering what they were doing . An expected win , hard work , weather wasn't good , into the quarter final .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
promotion plaice
February 6, 2016, 5:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

According to Havant FM one of their players should of been sent off (last man I think) and they should have been awarded a penalty for handball...just asking.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
HertsGTFC
February 6, 2016, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings
Well that was boring. We were dire first half, playing some kind of weird diamond that nobody seemed to understand and we had no width at all. When the full backs did get forward the crosses were mostly rubbish. They were the better side and looked the likely scorers but there was a very strong wind in their favour. A half that won't live long in the memory.

Second half after a slow start, we gradually pinned them in more and more, with the inevitable goal coming from Pittman and a superb strike it was. Only one winner after that but 3-0 was slightly flattering.

Thought Marshall was god awful first half but improved in the second, not that it was difficult. Bogle i thought was inept today. Chuntering at the ref and just being mostly ineffective. His positioning and runs off the ball looked all wrong at times to me and his finishing was not up to much either. Henderson looks like a good footballer but doesn't have the cut and thrust for this league and i don't see him playing much part. Best player was Nolan, who played some very astute passes in behind, gets around the pitch quickly and scored. Most impressive was seeing him bust a gut to get free for our third, when the game was won and we were in injury time. Really like the look of him and he will make a good partner for Dis. New lad just did his job with nowt to report.

The more I see of Bogle the more I agree with your assessment of him, lots to learn by lots of potential too seems, to play much better when partnered by Podge

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
ginnywings
February 6, 2016, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from promotion plaice

According to Havant FM one of their players should of been sent off (last man I think) and they should have been awarded a penalty for handball...just asking.

Bogle out muscled their centre back for about the only time all match and looked like getting away, only to be pulled back. It was a foul and he was the last man, so would have had to go. Think the ref bottled it for that reason as it wasn't a really bad foul, but a foul all the same. Good job it didn't have an impact on the game in the end.

Can't remember a hand ball in the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
ginnywings
February 6, 2016, 6:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Davec
What was peoples opinions on Horwood ?

Did he do anything good, anything bad etc? does he get forward etc

Neither really but they didn't provide much of a test. Fairly straight forward debut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
LondonMariner43
February 6, 2016, 6:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from LH
High quality, all action first half - in opposite land. Looked a certain 0-0 for most of the game and 3-0 flattered us.

Agree with Ginny re: Nolan - very good passer of the ball and a good signing so far I'd say. Definitely motm today.

Where on earth the alleged 1600 crowd was I don't know. There must have been a big turnout from the local ghost community - was there an offer on for them?

What happened to the really useless Nolan who was signed a few weeks back and sent the Fishy into meltdown?  He doesn't seem to be playing for us any more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.