Reply: 10 - 53
Maringer
February 6, 2016, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Bloody rubbish, awful game. Nolan did OK (though only in fits and starts, mostly in the second half), as did the defence, but there really wasn't much else positive on show. Marshall looks to be completely bereft of confidence to me at the moment and seems to be making the wrong decision most of the time, but he did at least keep trying. The weird midfield line-up just didn't work as nobody seemed to know what they were doing and up front Bogle and Pittman barely controlled the ball though it was generally fired into them at chest height at best.

The fantastic shot from Pittman (who looked leaden-footed and perhaps a little overweight?) to give us the lead was so far out of the character of the game, it was ridiculous. After that, they were spent and we eased to a just about deserved victory.

I don't think too many of the second-choice players who appeared today will have done anything to work their way into the team. Still missing a striker and another winger.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
friskneymariner
February 6, 2016, 7:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
From the pontoon looked like McKewon caught the ball over the line,but managed to con the ref.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
DocTower
February 6, 2016, 7:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from promotion plaice

According to Havant FM one of their players should of been sent off (last man I think) and they should have been awarded a penalty for handball...just asking.

First half they put a shot that was a ball to hand , their manager  was jumping up and down wanting a handball . Similar to the other week here , would have been really harsh to give it , but Bogle being hauled down by their number 5 to me was a penalty.  Ref wasn't up to much , we were always in control football wise but we still need that special player in the middle .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
Trouser man
February 6, 2016, 8:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
dapperz fun pub
February 6, 2016, 8:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from robborhino
You mean the Nolan who was motm

Can he do it when it really matters though ?
I hope he can and reserve judgement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
Richard Cranium
February 6, 2016, 8:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
We are in the last 8 now. Are you all panicking yet ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
jonnyboy82
February 6, 2016, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Lets remember we were playing havant and waterlooville !

I think you could have put jamie clarke in the middle today and we would have looked on par with what was shown today.

As for nolan i thought henderson looked the better, i think today showed we are at least two players short.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
Daz460
February 6, 2016, 9:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Best midfielder for me was Clay, he shows why he is generally first choice. Nolan showed why Hurst signed him, lots of potential going forward and in the tackle.
Defence looked OK, only disappointment was Pearson who looks a shadow of the player he was.
Upfront Bogle needs to show more fight and work harder, potential is not enough.
Not many 2nd choice players showed why they should be in the 1st eleven.

Referee, have a word with yourself!! 😦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
grimsby pete
February 6, 2016, 9:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
By the sound of it we played rubbish,

BUT

Won 3-0,

Sign of a good team in my eyes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.