6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
February 7, 2016, 8:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
People say chop and change the team and try a different formation or combination of players for the Trophy games, then moan when it doesn't immediately pay off.  

Then people moan that we're not winning at half time and should revert back to 442.  

So my question, as someone not at the game, is what exactly DID people want the manager and team to do today?

We went to the game , friend of mine in York listened to the radio he said it sounded bad . It wasn't pretty but we were always the better side without having  that killer ball or target man .  We were always in control but lacked something  ,  i didnt notice what sort of formation we had adopted , but feel that if we had brought on the big guns off the bench at half time the score line would have been a bigger margin . There are more important games coming up in the league , this one was a job done , tenner to get in , to which in my mind was a fare price . Horrible conditions to play in and  to watch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Fan
February 7, 2016, 8:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -271
What is with the ball wrestling between Bogle and Henderson, very tin pot, happened at Solihull and Henderson put that into row z also, still our best chance of winning anything in reality though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Mariner_09
February 7, 2016, 9:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
It was a dire game spoiled by the wind even further. Nolan was the best player on the pitch (again) has a clear picture of what's going on before the ball comes to him. I thought Omar did OK again, some great touches and showed his strength on a few occasions but still looks very raw and inconsistent even within games. Pearson looked rusty, he would benefit from a few games as everyone knows he is not a bad defender but a very, very good one at this level. Marshall was outstandingly poor, terrible touch, gave the ball away every time he attempted a pass. Horwood was solid, if not tested at any stage, made runs going forward but never received the ball, he looked a little rusty as well. Diamond didn't work, we play 4-4-2 very well and there's no need to change it. No one stood out, apart from Nolan and none of the fringe players have done anything to force their way into the side. I expect Tait, Toto, Arnold, Diz, Funkers and Podge back in the side on Tuesday.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
Mariners_15
February 7, 2016, 10:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone think Bogle looks overtrained? Doesn't seem to have the same spring in his step as he did in the first few games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
Garth
February 7, 2016, 11:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Boggle was a big fish in a garden pond last season and is now a smaller fish in a small lake so to speak.
He,s doing Ok and can only get better, his goal tally is better than a lot in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 11:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
This may not be a popular view, so i shall pose it as a question.

Do we have the coaching staff to turn a raw young striker into the finished article? If he is getting the right coaching, then it's not showing much and his goal scoring has got worse the longer he's been here. His first goal for Town, he calmly passed the ball into the net and brought a smile to my face. I even commented on it in my just back thread. The sign of a good finisher is calmness in those situations. Now he is trying to bust the net and the top corner curler hit hard seems to be his modus operandi of late, with not much success. Is his natural scoring instinct being stymied by Hurst trying to turn him into LJL mk 2?

He looked all over the place to me yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
jonnyboy82
February 7, 2016, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Also anyone think apart from that strike does pittman look lethargic a bit overweight and just not himself ?

Seemed to used to be quite quick but looked like he was running in treacle yesterday.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
ackomariner
February 7, 2016, 12:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
This may not be a popular view, so i shall pose it as a question.

Do we have the coaching staff to turn a raw young striker into the finished article? If he is getting the right coaching, then it's not showing much and his goal scoring has got worse the longer he's been here. His first goal for Town, he calmly passed the ball into the net and brought a smile to my face. I even commented on it in my just back thread. The sign of a good finisher is calmness in those situations. Now he is trying to bust the net and the top corner curler hit hard seems to be his modus operandi of late, with not much success. Is his natural scoring instinct being stymied by Hurst trying to turn him into LJL mk 2?

He looked all over the place to me yesterday.

Said this about six weeks ago and got slated, he's now playing more with his back to goal and its not his game. So yeah, agree with your comment LJL mk2

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
jonnyboy82
February 7, 2016, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
But i also think amond and bogle are the perfect partnership and work off each other.

Bogle and pittman look the complete opposite and that was the bogle again yesterday.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
DocTower
February 7, 2016, 12:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Also anyone think apart from that strike does pittman look lethargic a bit overweight and just not himself ?

Seemed to used to be quite quick but looked like he was running in treacle yesterday.

Yes totally agree  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.