Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 251 Guests

Nolan

This thread currently has 10,724 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
February 10, 2016, 7:35am
Guest User
Nolan is looking like a great signing.

Does the simple things well, a real good creative passing player that takes the opportunity to exploit the space. Has a great shot too. Being in there with an experienced Disley is also benefitting him and he seems to be getting stuck in to do the central ball winning now.

Wrexham and Lincoln's loss I would say.
Mallyner
February 10, 2016, 7:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
His signing upset the whingers,
They thought he was a minger;
But to those who waved a finger,
Jon is now the Ginger Ninja.  

And long may he continue.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
GtfcGarner
February 10, 2016, 8:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
I've saw him on 3 occasions against us, seemed poor all the time. I was pessimistic when his name was announced but he seems to be scoring the goals from midfield currently. Let's keep this roll going and see how much pressure we can apply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
February 10, 2016, 9:55am
Guest User
I've not seen him play yet but he's rubbish. I will spend 90 minutes on Saturday screaming for Clay to be brought on. I've not even credited him with that goal last night. In my mind it was a clearance that he sliced. How dare he sign for us and then expect to play. And he can stop that box to box nonsense too. Idiotic signing. In fact I've just remembered that I can't watch him on Saturday, because on reading that he'd signed for us, I put my foot through my season ticket and sent John Fenty the bill.
Reply: 3 - 54
RoboCod
February 10, 2016, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Interesting discussion on him over at Gimpville. Including the usual clueless misunderstanding shock revelation that Nolan is STILL AN IMP !! *

[url]http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=43821&posts=13[/url]

*(of course he's not!)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
highcliff mariner
February 10, 2016, 10:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from 97
I've not seen him play yet but he's rubbish. I will spend 90 minutes on Saturday screaming for Clay to be brought on. I've not even credited him with that goal last night. In my mind it was a clearance that he sliced. How dare he sign for us and then expect to play. And he can stop that box to box nonsense too. Idiotic signing. In fact I've just remembered that I can't watch him on Saturday, because on reading that he'd signed for us, I put my foot through my season ticket and sent John Fenty the bill.

And he's a ging..er !
Outraged from Grimsby
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
Mariners_15
February 10, 2016, 10:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Pleased that he's made a good start but gotta feel a tad sorry for Clay. Still Nolan has come in and scored 2 goals already, something which Clay lacks in his game. Maybe this will really spur him on a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
Jarmo.Is.God
February 10, 2016, 10:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from 97

This sums up the fishy IMO.

Hurst got shot down straight away for signing him, he is slowly firming his place in the starting 11, nearly scored against Gateshead and did score last night.

Ill admit i was slightly disappointed when we signed him, but how often have we shot Hurst down and been wrong !

Clay for example
Arnold got stick when he first signed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
sam gy
February 10, 2016, 11:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Really liked the look of him last night. Composed on the ball, can pass well with both feet, creative and seems to read the game well. great finish, too. He had a half chance before that, too if i recall, when he ran into the box and had a few changes to shoot but opted to pass in the end.

3 games, 2 goals and an assist(?). great start, keep it up Jon!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
ginnywings
February 10, 2016, 11:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

This sums up the fishy IMO.

Hurst got shot down straight away for signing him, he is slowly firming his place in the starting 11, nearly scored against Gateshead and did score last night.

Ill admit i was slightly disappointed when we signed him, but how often have we shot Hurst down and been wrong !

Clay for example
Arnold got stick when he first signed

Not by everyone. I've never understood why Clay gets so much praise because he is average. Not a bad player but not creative enough for the heart of the team. I've only seen Nolan once and that was against poor opposition but he is quick thinking and makes things happen. Clay is going to have a hard time getting back in the team. Some say they feel sorry for Clay but if you don't better your players as you go along, you stand still.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nolan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.