Logged Offline
Private Message
highcliff mariner
February 10, 2016, 12:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Dont usually take any notice , but found it amusing that some one has red crossed you cos you found the article a good read .

ps so did i .
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
barrattstandman
February 10, 2016, 12:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
What Pratt crossed this article .Its spot on 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
MarinerMal
February 10, 2016, 12:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
I'm not in the Hurst out crowd but neither do I think Hurst's achievements have been anything but 'about par'.

I don't think he is a bad manager, he's built a very squad IMO but he does concern me tactically at times and too often doesn't seem to know how to win tight games. At least, not often enough.

Quoted from CodAlmighty
Come 30 April, Hurst will have attained a top-five finish for four seasons in a row. You don't do that without being an able manager.

My fear is, though, unless you clearly have the best squad in this League you need to be more than an "able manager" to get out of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
chelseacity
February 10, 2016, 12:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I don't understand why you need to slag of those GTFC fans that do not think Paul Hurst is good enough, they are entitled to have that opinion if they wish, and so far they have been proved right, we are still in this league, we have won nothing with him in charge, half the teams are only part time along with their entire staff. We will hopefully be going to Wembley in the play off's, obviously i will be there and want us to win, but say we do not get to Wembley or we lose in the final, it will be those that cast doubt on Paul Hurst's ability who will be proven right all along and you that have stuck by him will be the fools with egg on your face, some will say let's keep him and have another few more seasons down here, so we will wait and see who is right, but the title has now gone so we are on the back foot once again hoping other team results do us a favour, we lost it at the start of the season, the first 15 games are critical in this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
Fishy4Skin
February 10, 2016, 12:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -69
Actually it is quite a good read, albeit just a gross expansion on a pre-formed opinion,hence the selected quotes and parallels designed to support his argument.

I would have limited the piece to a simple performance versus objective excercise.  Therefore with the objective being to gain promotion, he has so far failed.  If he gains it this season he's succeeded.  Time runs out for everyone eventually, he's had four years and we're still in the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
barrattstandman
February 10, 2016, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +478
If we don't go up we will be without a manager again and back to square one. PH will be at the Scunts as they haven't appointed a manager , only a wait and see manager. If that happens he will take our best players I.e. McKeown,Pearson or Toto, AmondTait. This is quite feasible and could be fatal for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
highcliff mariner
February 10, 2016, 1:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from barrattstandman
If we don't go up we will be without a manager again and back to square one. PH will be at the Scunts as they haven't appointed a manager , only a wait and see manager. If that happens he will take our best players I.e. McKeown,Pearson or Toto, AmondTait. This is quite feasible and could be fatal for the club.

I Doubt it would be fatal .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
ginnywings
February 10, 2016, 1:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Well written and argued nonsense for me. There seems to be this notion that there are no other managers out there capable of doing what Hurst has done, which i don't agree with. There is also the notion that Hurst detractors are in the minority and are miserable sods who moan all the time and leave games early; again nonsense. Not one person i sit with would be shocked if Hurst was relieved of his post, yet we are all there every game supporting the team. What is wrong with ambition and wanting promotion?

On the other hand, i do realise that Hurst has brought professionalism and some pride back into the club and is a honest hard working guy, who i hope gets the reward for all his hard work, but at some point you have to ask yourself if he can get us back in the league or do we give someone else a shot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
LondonMariner43
February 10, 2016, 1:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
The article sums up my view on Hurst.  A regular top 5 finish is (in my view) a measure of success.  Its incredibly hard to get out of this league and small elements of bad fortune can ruin a season.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cod Almighty Piece

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.