1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
February 10, 2016, 4:45pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I know there are at least a couple of others on here who follow Boston results or even go to the odd game of theirs like me so here's a piece I wrote on their title chances yesterday.

Please take a look at my back catalogue as well. For anyone who missed it, I wrote an article about following non-league football over here in Spain recently which might be of interest to you.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/mid-season-prospects-for-the-pilgrims/

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Grimal
February 10, 2016, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I know there are at least a couple of others on here who follow Boston results or even go to the odd game of theirs like me so here's a piece I wrote on their title chances yesterday.

Please take a look at my back catalogue as well. For anyone who missed it, I wrote an article about following non-league football over here in Spain recently which might be of interest to you.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/mid-season-prospects-for-the-pilgrims/

Thanks for that Paris, a good read. With previously living in Boston for 45 years I still have a soft spot for the Pilgrims and do attend one or two of their games every season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Paris Mariner
February 10, 2016, 6:38pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Grimal

Thanks for that Paris, a good read. With previously living in Boston for 45 years I still have a soft spot for the Pilgrims and do attend one or two of their games every season.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it Grimal.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 9
February 10, 2016, 8:08pm
Guest User
Boston have a great future ahead of them.

New stadium fully supported by enabling development and extra income streams. I can see them being back in the football league within 5 years maximum
Reply: 3 - 9
sydney
February 10, 2016, 8:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Yep nice one
Have been involved with the Pilgrims commercially over the years and they deserve to recover from the troubles of the past.
They lost play offs to a worldy last year (they would have beaten Grisley in the final) and wish them all the best for this year
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Paris Mariner
February 10, 2016, 8:20pm
Main Stander
Quoted from 120790
Boston have a great future ahead of them.

New stadium fully supported by enabling development and extra income streams. I can see them being back in the football league within 5 years maximum

I think five years might be a bit optimistic but I definitely agree regarding their new stadium. I think Boston will take time to adjust life at Conference level this time round. They won't suddenly start getting massive gates and the 'investment' won't be there this time to compete. Not only that but Dag and Red were one of the bigger clubs in the division last time round whereas this time Boston would be competing with much bigger clubs who are aiming for the title. If Boston do achieve promotion this season, next season I firmly believe the managers' remit would be to simply stay up and sustain that level for a few years. Whilst the new stadium is on the horizon, it's still a long way off. Any ambitious promotion plans to the league would be combined with its completion, or near completion, I'd say.

Glad people have enjoyed the article. I always get a great number of people taking a look from the Fishy when I do post so thanks for your support everyone on that front.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
Garth
February 10, 2016, 9:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Good read, I hope Boston get promoted in the next couple of years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Paris Mariner
February 12, 2016, 8:01pm
Main Stander
For anyone who found my Boston article readable, here is my latest one The Demise of the Air Header. It is not specific to any club - it's just about football.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/the-demise-of-the-air-header/

Enjoy!

A big thanks to everyone on The Fishy who has looked at my blog - I always get a great response and it's much appreciated.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 9
KingstonMariner
February 12, 2016, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Love the air header one Paris!

I wonder if it's still popular at Sincil Bank.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Southwark Mariner
February 12, 2016, 11:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
random but very entertaining
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston United

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.