Laddy89
February 13, 2016, 9:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Paul Hurst believes Town fans are 'spoilt'

We are in the conference league of football and every season fade away and fail in the play offs

Yes I agree this season has been good to watch but I would never ever say we are 'spoilt' £18 to watch conference footy. N
Not quite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
X
February 13, 2016, 9:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +44
I think you need to rephrase, parts of this season have been good to watch, today certainly wasn't...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
jonnyboy82
February 13, 2016, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Spoiled is an insult to every town fan who managed to see buckleys team with the likes of donovan mendonca etc..

Thats when we was spoiled and to say that is frankly embarrassing

Does paul have it in his head that his team play silky football because for the majority of the past five years seeing our central defender or full back launch it 60 yards is the norm.

Idiot.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
headingly_mariner
February 13, 2016, 9:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I think what he is suggesting is that at home we have been spoilt this season. In reality our home record this season is excellent, we have been attacking and scored loads of goals. Probably a poor choice of words but not really worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist over imo.

Have to say I quite admire his defence of his players in public. When it doesn't go your way as a boss it's easy to blame those below you and we've had plenty of managers willing to slag the players off in the past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Spoiled is an insult to every town fan who managed to see buckleys team with the likes of donovan mendonca etc..

Thats when we was spoiled and to say that is frankly embarrassing

Does paul have it in his head that his team play silky football because for the majority of the past five years seeing our central defender or full back launch it 60 yards is the norm.

Idiot.

Add to that Ford, Drinkall, Brolly, Cummings, Batch, Moor D & K, Stone, Crombie, Batch & Kilmore..........

We have played well at times this year mostly when Townsend was in the side, mostly apart from that we have been pretty much hit and miss.

Think the fans of Cheltenham have been "spoiled" top of the league, winning each week and looking a really good bet for the title.

Remember PH is from Yorkshire so he thinks anything other than bread and dripping and getting out of the bath to take a p1ss is living the high life.

"spoiled"???   FFS............  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
barralad
February 13, 2016, 9:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think what he is suggesting is that at home we have been spoilt this season. In reality our home record this season is excellent, we have been attacking and scored loads of goals. Probably a poor choice of words but not really worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist over imo.

Have to say I quite admire his defence of his players in public. When it doesn't go your way as a boss it's easy to blame those below you and we've had plenty of managers willing to slag the players off in the past.

THIS:- I have to say I listened to it from the link and was expecting a semi-rant. He clearly says spoilt in the context of the football played this season at home

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
chaos33
February 13, 2016, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349

Although I disagree with several aspects of that, it's a very good point, well argued.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217

As long as he defends them in public and is honest about today's performance with them in private.

At home we have lost 2 this year, the last time was in October to be fair. Again we have dawn to many games this year, so far 11 in the league 5 of which have been home games dropping 10 points, not sure that is an "excellent" home record.        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Tradjazz
February 13, 2016, 9:59pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Spoilt? This is the 5th tier for goodness sake. £18 to watch this is overpriced. Still we keep going and next season will be saying this is our year! Might be right on day only time will tell. The trouble is that we are fed hype which fails to materialise and leaves the fans frustrated. Will be even harder next season with the new parachute payments to the relegated clubs giving them a cash boost. Can we not tell some rich Saudi prince that we think there is oil in the humber?

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 16
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2016, 10:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Yes today was excrement, but I think PH just wanted to defend his players, which is admirable.

Had he said "The fans have seen us play some great games here, and are used to us scoring 3,4, 7 goals a time, so I can understand why they were upset" no-one would be making a big deal out of it.

I'm more concerned that someone in the coaching/playing set-up today walked out into that howling, swirling wind at BP and went "yep, I know.  The way to win this one today is to get the ball up in the air and have 90 minutes of trying to win headers against huge defenders"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.