This thread currently has 3,125 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
February 14, 2016, 5:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Classic quote from Hurst..............  " we didn't win, but from my point of view its important that we didn't lose " !!!!  Does the yorkshire gnome realise how many points we are off the top spot and quite simply we had repeat HAD to win this game to have any chance of gaining ground on the top spot.  I am sick and tired of Hurst's view of football and his defeatist attitude. Why was Clay on the bench, he is the only midfield player capable of taking the ball forward.......... If we don't go up through the play offs this season PH has to go in my opinion, enough is enough.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
February 14, 2016, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
Clay doesnt take the ball forward. Where this idea has come from i do not know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Mrs Doyle
February 14, 2016, 5:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Yeah I think that is generally accepted but this is getting boring now. I think Hurst will probably go either way TBH.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
barralad
February 14, 2016, 6:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
Oh good. Another thread on an eight minute interview

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
TheCodfather1966
February 14, 2016, 6:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
And Disley and Nolan take the ball forward !!!!!!!  Dis legs are going me thinks.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
big al
February 14, 2016, 6:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Classic quote from Hurst..............  " we didn't win, but from my point of view its important that we didn't lose " !!!!  Does the yorkshire gnome realise how many points we are off the top spot and quite simply we had repeat HAD to win this game to have any chance of gaining ground on the top spot.  I am sick and tired of Hurst's view of football and his defeatist attitude. Why was Clay on the bench, he is the only midfield player capable of taking the ball forward.......... If we don't go up through the play offs this season PH has to go in my opinion, enough is enough.

UTM

Don't see the issue. It was a bad performance and two points dropped. But if we'd lost it would have been like a knife to the heart. We all know the top spot has probably slipped away - even as a very long shot. So the next plan has to be to keep the positivity going and move one. What's he going to say? "It was such a bore draw and well short of where we should be, so I'm off" We are all frustrated. I'm probably one of the biggest PH fans on here and even I can see it's not going to plan. BUT the fat lady has not sung and I'm planning on watching League 2 football next year (and not with Tranmere Rovers - my nearest club)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
barralad
February 14, 2016, 6:52pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from big al

Don't see the issue. It was a bad performance and two points dropped. But if we'd lost it would have been like a knife to the heart. We all know the top spot has probably slipped away - even as a very long shot. So the next plan has to be to keep the positivity going and move one. What's he going to say? "It was such a bore draw and well short of where we should be, so I'm off" We are all frustrated. I'm probably one of the biggest PH fans on here and even I can see it's not going to plan. BUT the fat lady has not sung and I'm planning on watching League 2 football next year (and not with Tranmere Rovers - my nearest club)

Exactly this. Whatever happened to a sense of perspective?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
barralad
February 14, 2016, 6:58pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Hagrid
Clay doesnt take the ball forward. Where this idea has come from i do not know

I'm a big fan of Clay but Nolan's style of play was far better suited to a game where we knew Boreham Wood would defend in depth. The fact that we didn't go on and win the game is for me down to the lack of performance by several players we can normally rely on and other factors.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
arryarryarry
February 14, 2016, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from big al

"I'm sorry but that was crap and myself and the players are going to do all we can to put that right."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
HackneyHaddock
February 14, 2016, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I think after pre-season and a few goals (even a few in early season too) there were high hopes that Clay would go on to be an attacking threat for us, but it hasn't quite worked out, whether by design or default.

Nolan looks like he has good feet and perception, and Disley has pretty much been first name on the sheet (which few, even on here, would have a problem with) but Disley looks like he could do with his two game rest.  Yesterday he looked tired and didn't manage to impose himself on the game.

Nolan and Clay now need to work their socks off in training and give Hurst a reason to keep them together for the rest of the season.

I didn't really have a problem with the team selection yesterday, though I'd have gone with Bogle instead of Pittman.  Having said that, the knives would have been out for Hurst if he'd benched the mid-week goalscorer!  I think sometimes, we just have to say that the team and coaching staff got it wrong and had a shocker, and yesterday was one of those days where it just didn't work, from the tactics through to the execution and decision-making in the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Quote From Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.