5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
April 27, 2016, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from golfer
  If you look at the number of penalties that are aimed at the centre of goal it would pay Macca to stand still and let the ball come to him. [ in other words pretend its a corner   ]

But not a Town corner?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
lew chaterleys lover
April 27, 2016, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,662
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from RonMariner

And Macca to save one. In the last two visits to Wembley he has faced 10 and conceded ten.

You raise a very good point and I hope, if needed, he can rise to the challenge.

Against Wrexham at Wembley he just seemed to lol to one side as the ball went the other. Against Bristol Rovers he was a bit more determined but like you say still conceded all five. It must be nerve shredding facing spot kicks at Wembley but he could be our hero if it comes to it.  
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
ginnywings
April 27, 2016, 12:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
As pointed out, all the games between us and the other contenders have been very close, with one goal either way usually deciding the game. That suggests very tight and cagey games to come. Much nerve shredding and fingernail biting on the horizon folks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
Hagrid
April 27, 2016, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from ginnywings
As pointed out, all the games between us and the other contenders have been very close, with one goal either way usually deciding the game. That suggests very tight and cagey games to come. Much nerve shredding and fingernail biting on the horizon folks.

hopefully ( if the away leg is first) we can take a lead or draw back to BP. we always play better against open teams who attack
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
RonMariner
April 27, 2016, 1:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,545
Gold Stars: 225

You raise a very good point and I hope, if needed, he can rise to the challenge.

Against Wrexham at Wembley he just seemed to lol to one side as the ball went the other. Against Bristol Rovers he was a bit more determined but like you say still conceded all five. It must be nerve shredding facing spot kicks at Wembley but he could be our hero if it comes to it.  

Not half as nerve shredding as taking one.

I think you need to flap the arms, jump about, whatever you can to distract the taker.

It is incredible that all ten kicks against us hit the target. But committing to dive one way or an other gives you only a 33% chance of making a save even if you manage to get a hand on it. If the kick is the other side, or straight down the middle you are done for.

Still you would have expected at least one of those kicks to either miss the target of be saved.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
LongEatonMariner
April 27, 2016, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
This is all well and good but what I'm really bothered about is how it will affect our chances in the FA Trophy, has anyone analysed that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Rik e B
April 27, 2016, 10:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
U wot m8?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
Spiritater
April 28, 2016, 7:29am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
On a selfish sort of note I want to see the Mariners back where they belong, in the FL.
I don't want some team like Braintree Town coming up and being followed by a couple of Minis full of supporters.
Good luck in t'playoffs my fingers and toes are crossed for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
ginnywings
April 28, 2016, 9:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Spiritater
On a selfish sort of note I want to see the Mariners back where they belong, in the FL.
I don't want some team like Braintree Town coming up and being followed by a couple of Minis full of supporters.

We don't want to be playing them either and would much rather be beating you lot.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
RoboCod
April 28, 2016, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Spiritater

Actually, Village Green lay on free buses a free mini bus for their Green Army

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form going into the Play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.