Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chances of Podge Playing?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Chances of Podge Playing?

This thread currently has 7,235 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Magsinrio
April 25, 2016, 9:21pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 2
What do we think about the chances of Podge playing at Tranmere? I, like many others, have an interest in him playing as we want him to be top scorer in the league and skin the bookies. However, I am sure that PH will not be worried about that. I imagine he will be rested and probably start with Bogle and Pittman.
How do others see it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
April 25, 2016, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
In a similar position. Would like him to play and score to win the bet, but, if I didn't have money on him, I'd much prefer that he be rested along with a few others. Hard to call Hurst on this one. He often seems to do the opposite of what is logical or expected. Maybe he'll play.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
Mariner Ronnie
April 25, 2016, 9:29pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I'd put my money on podge and disley being rested.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
Abdul19
April 25, 2016, 9:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
I think he might play. He was rested at Dover so I think there'll be others in greater need.

In an ideal world, that lad at Cheltenham will pick up a knock in training this week and then Podge can spend Saturday evening visiting the set of Brookside for all I care!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
Magsinrio
April 25, 2016, 9:33pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 2
Although in his post match Saturday he did suggest that the club would prefer to be away first leg so maybe he will aim for that, he says fingers crossed. Can't see anyway that Holman won't be playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
DocTower
April 25, 2016, 9:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
We play to win , not for someone's bet .  After drawing a blank in Saturday  I would have thought Podge would like to have another 90 minutes play time , and do what he is paid to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
Les Brechin
April 25, 2016, 9:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Does anyone know Bradley Wood personally.

Give him a quick call and tell him to crock Holman in the 1st minute on Saturday.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
Rik e B
April 25, 2016, 9:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Don't quite understand the not caring where finish so long as in playoffs angle; surely professional pride dictates you try and get as many points on the board and finish as high a position as possible?

I know there's a balance of saving key men but still a job to do. Let's say we get turned over and Tranmere were to sneak in -that would be a massive psychological blow. We'd be totally out of form with many fans ready to turn. Who knows the vitriol might rise forth by the fans in attendance if we embarrassed and that would be a terrible dent to togetherness.

I'm desperate for Podge to be top scorer but Grimsby Town bigger than my bet and if I was Hurst I'd probably rest Podge.

So a few changes but a strong team to try and win, peripheral squad members go out there and seize your chance to be in managers thoughts for playoffs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
voiceofreason
April 25, 2016, 10:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +105
Quoted from Les Brechin
Does anyone know Bradley Wood personally.

Give him a quick call and tell him to crock Holman in the 1st minute on Saturday.  

Now now Les. That's not very sporting is it.

I'm sure Holman would love to be top goal scorer but playing in the FL next season I'm sure was his main priority.

Whatever happens, Holman will be lifting the trophy on Saturday, taking part in the open top bus parade on Sunday, and off to Magaluf with the rest of the team on Monday for a well deserved rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2016, 10:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from voiceofreason

Now now Les. That's not very sporting is it.

I'm sure Holman would love to be top goal scorer but playing in the FL next season I'm sure was his main priority.

Whatever happens, Holman will be lifting the trophy on Saturday, taking part in the open top bus parade on Sunday, and off to Magaluf with the rest of the team on Monday for a well deserved rest.

Let's hope nothing horrible happens like Wright falling off the top deck bus in a drunken stuper.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chances of Podge Playing?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.