Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we trust Merseyside Police........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

Can we trust Merseyside Police........

This thread currently has 7,227 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
April 27, 2016, 7:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner
This week of all weeks, Merseyside Police, of all police forces ought not to be assuming football fans are criminals.

Indeed.
I have been to Tranmere on numerous occasions; good and bad result-wise, and because I was based in that region for uni and beyond, I've attended from various directions, by various methods
(car, minibus, train, bus, foot)  and don't recall one incident needing Police involvement.

Perhaps we should defer to the Police's 'insider knowledge' but it does seem an odd call - what is the actual risk here, what are the criteria used?

Why this game and not the 45 beforehand?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Indeed.
I have been to Tranmere on numerous occasions; good and bad result-wise, and because I was based in that region for uni and beyond, I've attended from various directions, by various methods
(car, minibus, train, bus, foot)  and don't recall one incident needing Police involvement.

Perhaps we should defer to the Police's 'insider knowledge' but it does seem an odd call - what is the actual risk here, what are the criteria used?

Why this game and not the 45 beforehand?

Probably the so called football intelligence officers justifying OT costs etc and alleged hooligan chatter they have picked up on from social media.I would suspect both Clubs are classed pretty high risk for this fixture even though no history between the fans.A bad result for the home side and around 500 away fans with a catalogue of previous offences  to have a go at means the Police will be looking for some arrests.We all now how football works guilty until proved innocent so best off avoiding this game at all costs or head down and mouth shut.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
mariner83
April 27, 2016, 12:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Seen this on the telewag comments

Quoted from Grimsby Telegraph
As a Tranmere fan I'm pretty sure this is in anticipation of the meltdown our idiot following will go through when we don't make the playoffs. The fact we've been awful all season is irrelevant. Please don't take this as disrespect against yourselves.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 1:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from mariner83
Seen this on the telewag comments

I suspect Town fans with a decent memory will enjoy gloating at the final whistle win lose or draw if Tranmere fail to crash the Play Offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 27, 2016, 1:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Do it for chima

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 1:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Do it for chima

Last time I went there with you we nearly died from exhaust fumes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
webbit
April 27, 2016, 3:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
I contacted the football supporters federation and Amanda Jacks sent me this reply re the dispersal zone............

"...Based on the number of arrests and complaints that come our way, Merseyside Police are one of the better forces when it comes to policing football matches.

I shadowed Merseyside Police for the LFC v MUFC Uefa Cup fixture and they had the same powers in place then.  I witnessed them dispersing a small group of supporters and had no concerns whatsoever since in my view, they were used appropriately on supporters who deserved to be dispersed due to their behaviour which met the criteria.  This was the only time fans were dispersed all evening and I would hope the same discretion is used for your game on Saturday.

Having said that, I understand supporters concerns.  These powers are relatively new and are yet to be tested in court meaning there is possible scope for misuse. My best advice would be for any supporter who is dispersed is to either film or record the police dispersing them.  It is lawful to film unless the police deem it interfering with their duties so be sensible in how you film or record.  If you don't feel comfortable doing so ask somebody else to.

There is no point in trying to argue or challenge any dispersal notice.  It will not change an officers mind.  Yes, you may be angry and frustrated but just like a referree who gives a player a red card, it won't help and may make matters worse for you.

Breaching the dispersal notice is an arrestable offence.  At the police station it is your right to ask for a solicitor totally independent of the police; they are also free.  Exercise that right even if it means being detained for longer.  Having a solicitor present may make the difference between you being charged or not and will certainly assist you during an interview.

In the unlikely event you are dispersed, contact me on Monday.  On your behalf, I can take expert advice from a solicitor as to whether or not there may be grounds to challenge the actions of the police.  This is where a recording comes in helpful.  The advice will initially be free of charge..."

I hope this is helpful, if you've any further questions, please do let me know.

I hope you have a good day on Saturday.

Best wishes

Amanda
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Gaffer58
April 27, 2016, 4:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
If you live in the dispersal area and had no interest in football but some over eager copper told you to move are you ok to go and stand in your own front garden? Also did the met police use these powers at Wembley for  last years playoff final when they knew there would be 40 thousand plus there. If not are the met better organised and confident in there actions than the mersysiders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 27, 2016, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well done Webbit.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
FishOutOfWater
April 28, 2016, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Gaffer58
If you live in the dispersal area and had no interest in football but some over eager copper told you to move are you ok to go and stand in your own front garden? Also did the met police use these powers at Wembley for  last years playoff final when they knew there would be 40 thousand plus there. If not are the met better organised and confident in there actions than the mersysiders.

That was something I was discussing at work with a mate of mine when I showed him what Merseyside Police have planned

Say just by some quirky results on Saturday and in the P/O semis, we have to play Tranmere in the final at Wembley, would the Merseyside force be advising the Met to follow their lead again?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we trust Merseyside Police........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.