Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we trust Merseyside Police........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 404 Guests

Can we trust Merseyside Police........

This thread currently has 7,196 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
April 26, 2016, 11:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49

not to take advantage of 'DISPERSAL ZONE and remove Town Fans at will, turn coaches round etc ?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....1-detail/story.html?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
April 26, 2016, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
They'll no doubt take the urine with these 'powers' again and use it as a way to legally treat fans like criminals (again).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
mariner83
April 26, 2016, 11:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Watching football is not a crime!
Anyone going get in touch with The FSF and voice your concerns info@fsf.org.uk

The Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) is the democratic organisation representing the rights of fans and arguing the views of football supporters in England and Wales. The FSF is totally free to join as well so the question is, if you’re not a member, why not?
•INDIVIDUALS: Join the FSF for free here...
•FANS' GROUPS: Download our join form...
•Download the FSF Annual Report 2015...

Strength comes in number and you’ll be joining more than 500,000 of your fellow fans in the fight for safe standing, lower ticket prices and the protection of our clubs. Our members are made up of individual fans and members of local supporters’ organisations throughout the professional structure and many more from further down the football pyramid.

The Safe Standing Campaign, Twenty's Plenty for Away Tickets and Watching Football Is Not A Crime! are examples of ongoing campaigns which the FSF leads. Hopefully they’ll prove to be as successful as previous campaigns like No To Gam£ 39 which helped kill off the Premier League’s widely-hated idea of a 39th game to be held on foreign fields.

The FSF’s reach stretches way beyond these shores too. The boys and girls from the FSF’s Fans’ Embassies help supporters of England and Wales by offering advice to those following their nation abroad. This includes the ever-excellent Free Lions fanzine for every England away game while the team at FSF Cymru produce their own invaluable digital resource for the Dragons.

Of course there’s a huge range of issues which can affect fans in the modern era. From fans who find themselves in a spot of bother with police or stewards (see Watching Football Is Not A Crime!) to queries and complaints relating to “consumer” issues such as ticketing, the FSF is here to help. If there’s something not right, email: info@fsf.org.uk.

- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/about-us/#sthash.IRFn8LpP.dpuf
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
mariner83
April 26, 2016, 12:11pm

Champagne Drinker
May be better emailing Amanda amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk actually, as she deals with police and stewarding issues.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
Rik e B
April 26, 2016, 12:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
No. My mate was arrested at Tranmere when we were relegated and the police threatened to plant a knife on him. For the record he had never carried a knife in his life!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
psgmariner
April 26, 2016, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Rik e B
No. My mate was arrested at Tranmere when we were relegated and the police threatened to plant a knife on him. For the record he had never carried a knife in his life!

Does he use chop sticks?

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Posh Harry
April 26, 2016, 12:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Rik e B

Maybe he told them he was going for a night out in Liverpool in which case the knife was just for safety. God bless those rozzers. Some of them are just too caring for their own good  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
Meza
April 26, 2016, 1:36pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Any dodgyness and film the convo with the police on your camera.  They cannot stop u from using your phone.  So many coppers have been made look like a twit lol.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Grim74
April 26, 2016, 3:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
If this is this case I'm not attending now I can predict what will happen with innocent fans getting turned away to justify this nonsensical set up.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
lukeo
April 26, 2016, 3:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
I'm with grim. wasn't really planning on going but defenately not now. What a load of tosh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
oochiad
April 26, 2016, 3:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
As we don't need the points having reached the playoffs it would be good to boycott the game. See what sort of a fuss Tranmere would make to the police for all of the gate receipts they'd lose...........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
arryarryarry
April 26, 2016, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,941
Gold Stars: 113
Come on guys, don't be girls privates, let's get there and out shout the plastic scousers.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
oochiad
April 26, 2016, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Your right of course Harryharryharry and to miss the game is ridiculous and I shan't but I'm getting a little drunk off with our treatment...........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
mariner83
April 26, 2016, 3:56pm

Champagne Drinker
As above email Amanda at FSF - things won't change if people accept it.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Rik e B
April 26, 2016, 6:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It's like a totalitarian pre-crime Orwellian nightmare!

I'm working and kind of glad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
dapperz fun pub
April 26, 2016, 7:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Even if they beat us Braintree will do enough so bye bye you phoney scouse cuunts we are going up horrible policing I recall last time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
The Yard Dog
April 26, 2016, 7:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
How many times have Merseyside old bill issued a section 34 for Everton and Liverpool games this season? anyone any idea.

I know Wrexham requested a police presence at Blundell Park recently, also a Wrexham coaches were stopped on approach to Grimsby and one was told to turn back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
Chrisblor
April 26, 2016, 8:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Will be doing my pre-match drinking outside the 'dispersal zone' on the other side of the Mersey. Can't be arsed with being treated like a criminal by Merseyside Police for simply attending a football match.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Green27
April 26, 2016, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Chrisblor
Will be doing my pre-match drinking outside the 'dispersal zone' on the other side of the Mersey. Can't be arsed with being treated like a criminal by Merseyside Police for simply attending a football match.

Couldn't agree more. Get the train from Central to Rock Ferry and walk up.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2016, 9:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
This week of all weeks, Merseyside Police, of all police forces ought not to be assuming football fans are criminals.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
ex-merseymariner
April 27, 2016, 7:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner
This week of all weeks, Merseyside Police, of all police forces ought not to be assuming football fans are criminals.

Indeed.
I have been to Tranmere on numerous occasions; good and bad result-wise, and because I was based in that region for uni and beyond, I've attended from various directions, by various methods
(car, minibus, train, bus, foot)  and don't recall one incident needing Police involvement.

Perhaps we should defer to the Police's 'insider knowledge' but it does seem an odd call - what is the actual risk here, what are the criteria used?

Why this game and not the 45 beforehand?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Indeed.
I have been to Tranmere on numerous occasions; good and bad result-wise, and because I was based in that region for uni and beyond, I've attended from various directions, by various methods
(car, minibus, train, bus, foot)  and don't recall one incident needing Police involvement.

Perhaps we should defer to the Police's 'insider knowledge' but it does seem an odd call - what is the actual risk here, what are the criteria used?

Why this game and not the 45 beforehand?

Probably the so called football intelligence officers justifying OT costs etc and alleged hooligan chatter they have picked up on from social media.I would suspect both Clubs are classed pretty high risk for this fixture even though no history between the fans.A bad result for the home side and around 500 away fans with a catalogue of previous offences  to have a go at means the Police will be looking for some arrests.We all now how football works guilty until proved innocent so best off avoiding this game at all costs or head down and mouth shut.UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
mariner83
April 27, 2016, 12:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Seen this on the telewag comments

Quoted from Grimsby Telegraph
As a Tranmere fan I'm pretty sure this is in anticipation of the meltdown our idiot following will go through when we don't make the playoffs. The fact we've been awful all season is irrelevant. Please don't take this as disrespect against yourselves.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 1:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from mariner83
Seen this on the telewag comments

I suspect Town fans with a decent memory will enjoy gloating at the final whistle win lose or draw if Tranmere fail to crash the Play Offs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 27, 2016, 1:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Do it for chima

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
1mickylyons
April 27, 2016, 1:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Do it for chima

Last time I went there with you we nearly died from exhaust fumes
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
webbit
April 27, 2016, 3:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
I contacted the football supporters federation and Amanda Jacks sent me this reply re the dispersal zone............

"...Based on the number of arrests and complaints that come our way, Merseyside Police are one of the better forces when it comes to policing football matches.

I shadowed Merseyside Police for the LFC v MUFC Uefa Cup fixture and they had the same powers in place then.  I witnessed them dispersing a small group of supporters and had no concerns whatsoever since in my view, they were used appropriately on supporters who deserved to be dispersed due to their behaviour which met the criteria.  This was the only time fans were dispersed all evening and I would hope the same discretion is used for your game on Saturday.

Having said that, I understand supporters concerns.  These powers are relatively new and are yet to be tested in court meaning there is possible scope for misuse. My best advice would be for any supporter who is dispersed is to either film or record the police dispersing them.  It is lawful to film unless the police deem it interfering with their duties so be sensible in how you film or record.  If you don't feel comfortable doing so ask somebody else to.

There is no point in trying to argue or challenge any dispersal notice.  It will not change an officers mind.  Yes, you may be angry and frustrated but just like a referree who gives a player a red card, it won't help and may make matters worse for you.

Breaching the dispersal notice is an arrestable offence.  At the police station it is your right to ask for a solicitor totally independent of the police; they are also free.  Exercise that right even if it means being detained for longer.  Having a solicitor present may make the difference between you being charged or not and will certainly assist you during an interview.

In the unlikely event you are dispersed, contact me on Monday.  On your behalf, I can take expert advice from a solicitor as to whether or not there may be grounds to challenge the actions of the police.  This is where a recording comes in helpful.  The advice will initially be free of charge..."

I hope this is helpful, if you've any further questions, please do let me know.

I hope you have a good day on Saturday.

Best wishes

Amanda
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Gaffer58
April 27, 2016, 4:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
If you live in the dispersal area and had no interest in football but some over eager copper told you to move are you ok to go and stand in your own front garden? Also did the met police use these powers at Wembley for  last years playoff final when they knew there would be 40 thousand plus there. If not are the met better organised and confident in there actions than the mersysiders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 27, 2016, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well done Webbit.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
FishOutOfWater
April 28, 2016, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Gaffer58
If you live in the dispersal area and had no interest in football but some over eager copper told you to move are you ok to go and stand in your own front garden? Also did the met police use these powers at Wembley for  last years playoff final when they knew there would be 40 thousand plus there. If not are the met better organised and confident in there actions than the mersysiders.

That was something I was discussing at work with a mate of mine when I showed him what Merseyside Police have planned

Say just by some quirky results on Saturday and in the P/O semis, we have to play Tranmere in the final at Wembley, would the Merseyside force be advising the Met to follow their lead again?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 32
mariner83
April 29, 2016, 7:18pm

Champagne Drinker
[url=http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/dispersal-orders-what-you-need-to-know]http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/dispersal-orders-what-you-need-to-know[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
Green27
April 29, 2016, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Gaffer58

Thats my query. I'm staying at my mums who lives in the dispersal area. If it came to it, Am I meant to stand on the Rock Ferry Bypass till the 12 hours pass?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
chaos33
April 29, 2016, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I'm glad I'm not going and that clinches it. If I ever set foot in Rock Ferry again it'll be too soon. It makes Cleethorpes look like Cannes.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we trust Merseyside Police........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.