Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pennock leaves FGR!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 385 Guests

Pennock leaves FGR!

This thread currently has 12,367 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 29, 2016, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Am I the only one hoping that Vince does a Noades and takes charge of the team himself?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Balthazar Bullitt
April 29, 2016, 12:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
You could be right Maringer. Not sure how they'll cope having to play with solar panels on their backs  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
Golden fox
April 30, 2016, 3:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
I think out of all the Play off teams no one can deny we are the one most well set up to at least sustain a league team . Any of the other 3 could potentially have the lowest ever average attendance in the football league (100s rather than 1000s) .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
DocTower
April 30, 2016, 7:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Golden fox
I think out of all the Play off teams no one can deny we are the one most well set up to at least sustain a league team . Any of the other 3 could potentially have the lowest ever average attendance in the football league (100s rather than 1000s) .

But the deciding or common denominator is MONEY .  Maybe not so much Braintree but the other 2 have chairmen or others  willing to pump silly money into the club to gain league  status , but after that what happens .  You are where you are on merit  , if teams wish to import mercenaries and pay them the sort of numbers that have been floated around so be it .  I would like think that honesty would win on the day,  but watching the premiership as I sometimes do I don't think it does .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
Golden fox
April 30, 2016, 11:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Your right that's the thing once they have 'league status ' though a lot of these benefactors either realise the finances / support arnt there or simply get bored so most of the teams just fade back to their natural level or slightly above EG Crawley Town and Newport County , Fleetwood seem to have a better model with a more Lasting infrastructure as Maybe  FGR with there all things green ideas but the other two would surely just be like flogging a dead horse . Just a thaught by the way has anyone seen the efforts of Burton Albion , fantastic effort on limited resources up there not as high profile as Leicester City but a great achievement none the less .  UTM Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
promotion plaice
April 30, 2016, 4:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from mariner91
Given their track record of managerial appointments I'd be surprised if they get in anyone decent for three games. Touch wood.

Correct -

FGR will wait until after the National League play-offs to appoint a new boss with head of youth development Scott Bartlett being given the task of taking the club into the Football League for next season.

Seems like a good move for Town's play-off hopes.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
ROKERITE
April 30, 2016, 7:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Unfortunately I expect FGR to win the play-offs. If Fenty had changed the habit of the last ten years and sacked Hurst a couple of games ago Grimsby would have finished third and have a much better chance of winning the play-offs.
I can't abide Vince and all he stands for but I said straight away that the sacking of Pennock was a wise move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
chaos33
April 30, 2016, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
We'll see mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
HertsGTFC
April 30, 2016, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ROKERITE
Unfortunately I expect FGR to win the play-offs. If Fenty had changed the habit of the last ten years and sacked Hurst a couple of games ago Grimsby would have finished third and have a much better chance of winning the play-offs.
I can't abide Vince and all he stands for but I said straight away that the sacking of Pennock was a wise move.

Would we have finished 3rd?, time will tell if their chairman's decision was right or not. It's easy to be "wise" when you have millions to throw at your club. What he did not bargain for was his plan back fired as he was going to appoint the coach as manager but the coach resigned when he found out Pennock was sacked.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pennock leaves FGR!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.