This thread currently has 4,421 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
April 27, 2016, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
So, by way of a tribute. Should the fans of both teams on Saturday unite and sing "you'll never walk alone" on Saturday?
I think it would be very fitting.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
April 27, 2016, 10:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
I think it'd be crass and unnecessary.

Just let the families have their moment. The collective faux contrition from the media, government, police and whoever else is leaving an awful taste in the mouth and we could do without other football fans turning it into an extension of the grief-junkyism that sport, and society on a wider scale, is currently suffering from.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Theimperialcoroner
April 27, 2016, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Do you really Ska Face? For me it's not about anything faux. I grew up watching Town standing on Leppings Lane and other terraces and the sense of loss from that day feels fresh even now. Just thought it would be a show of solidarity is all.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Rik e B
April 28, 2016, 12:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Considering the mass establishment cover up which surely concerns each and every one of us I don't think this one falls under banner of 'grief junkyism'.

I'd perhaps consider 'You'll never walk alone' a bit tacky, silence for the victims or applause for the families? I don't know; just know I wouldn't complain and would participate fully in whatever was decided.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
big al
April 28, 2016, 7:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Attended the vigil outside St Georges Hall in Liverpool, last night. Can't see how any show of solidarity such as that mentioned by the OP would be crass in the slightest. This whole thing goes much, much deeper than football or the rule of law. Don't think you can underestimate what a milestone this represents. It isn't just about truth and justice it's about how we live our lives in this country. Personally don't like the song but last night you got to hear 30,000 people at one in the truest sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 28, 2016, 8:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

Just let the families have their moment. The collective faux contrition from the media, government, police and whoever else is leaving an awful taste in the mouth and we could do without other football fans turning it into an extension of the grief-junkyism that sport, and society on a wider scale, is currently suffering from.

We may have disagreed earlier Ska but I'm with you on this sentiment. There's a danger of turning this into a Diana moment.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
arryarryarry
April 28, 2016, 9:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Considering the police response to Saturday's game and even according to Tranmere's forum if they don't reach the play-offs there may be the possibility of trouble I think it would be utterly daft to start the game joined in a minutes silence for it to end with fans fighting.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Garth
April 28, 2016, 9:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Surely its would be down to Tranmere Rovers near neighbours of Liverpool,  and a fair bet that some of their locals would have been Liverpool supporters,  to organise some sort of tribute ie clapping or silence and for us to follow suit.

Anything started by us independently may be seen as over the top and a little embarrassing to Tranmere in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Ipswin
April 28, 2016, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ska face

Exactly, spot on post

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2016, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Prosecute all those involved in south Yorks police involved in the cover up I'd be more happy with that than singing YNWA at tranmere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tranmere/Hillsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.