This thread currently has 15,684 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Golden fox
May 24, 2016, 4:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Got a feeling Hurst has got some irons in the fire , with an increased budget it will be exciting times . Well done and thanks to all the lads who got released , they all played a part in some way is getting back where we belong and for that I'm grateful . Onwards and upwards . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 108
Golden fox
May 24, 2016, 4:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +339
Got a feeling Hurst has got some irons in the fire , with an increased budget it will be exciting times . Well done and thanks to all the lads who got released , they all played a part in some way is getting back where we belong and for that I'm grateful . Onwards and upwards . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 108
MeanwoodMariner
May 24, 2016, 4:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Clay & East could have gone either way. The fact he's released them both is a fairly bold statement that he thinks he can find better. I wish everyone released the very best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 108
chipsandgravy
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
No real surprises there for me. My only surprise is though is how many people on here wanted to offer Clay another deal.
Decent pro but Just conference level IMO.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 108
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Glad to see we're starting from a small core of players. It's a big step up, thought PH might keep a few more of "his" players to be honest. It's refreshing to see he has been ruthless. I've a feeling we may regret letting Clay go in a few years, on the other hand we don't know who he is talking to.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 108
moosey_club
May 24, 2016, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
+1 For Hurst from me with those choices

A decent 11 player starting point if all those offered sign on again and plenty of scope to improve some of the areas where we lacked power and pace or game changers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 108
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 24, 2016, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Common sense from the manager. No point in retaining players for L2 who were not even nailed on starters at Conference level. Last season has gone, it's thanks and goodbye time. The club's needs are different now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 108
AndyGTFC
May 24, 2016, 5:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
Bet most teams that are promoted keep more of their players than that!

Was needed though, lets be honest. As great as it was go to up and the players turned up when it really mattered, we can't forget that we were pretty poor second half of the season.

Anyone that was maybe a borderline one like East, Clay and Robertson have gone so he's made it clear he's not gonna carry anyone for the sake of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 108
fishyfanny
May 24, 2016, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.94
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Also disappointed at Nolan leaving, but thanks very much to him and good luck to the lad. I hope it turns out to be a good move for him.
I just hope the players offered new contracts decide to sign on the dotted line. Its a good starting point if they do and something PH can build on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 108
geir
May 24, 2016, 5:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
I wish all those players released the best of luck and hope they will find new employment opportunities elsewhere.
I hope everyone offered new contracts will sign them swiftly and without delay and I look forward to exciting times regarding who the genius talent scout and manager Paul Hurst will sign for us!
I expect at least this: Impressive talent cherry-picked from the Conference and below. Some experienced but hungry players from the league. Maybe as many as 10 in all if we keep those we have on our books right now.
Oh, the joy! So fun to be in League Two yet again!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.