11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 24, 2016, 6:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Like others, I thought Clay might stay, but seeing as PH has a decent record at this sort of thing I'm sure he'll be replaced by better.

And I'm gutted about Straker going, thought he was the sort of player we should be building a FL side around.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 108
Rik e B
May 24, 2016, 6:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We still had Straker?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 108
Rik e B
May 24, 2016, 6:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'd have given Clay a year as he's young but Hurst knows what's available and he must see that we can upgrade. Other than that totally agree, would have perhaps had Gregor as backup as a last measure but then again don't know what the markets like. East at a push if nothing available but clearly a lot is!

You might think he'd give the players who got us up a chance -that's the kind of noise a lot of managers make, and what with our strong bond, but it's his neck on the block and it was nearly lopped off so can't blame him for being ruthless.

He's making sounds about really competing and squad building one of his strongest fortes, -he must be like a kid in sweet shop with what's come available to him and thus decided a ruthless cull can allow him to pad out the squad with a much higher grade.

In Hurst I absolutely trust on squad building, very excited to see what he's got in store!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 108
Mariner93er
May 24, 2016, 6:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
A bold list but one that cant be complained with. Best of luck to all those departing, you all gave it your all and we as fans cant ask for more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 108
horsforthmariner
May 24, 2016, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Sad to see Clay go - he's a good player and I suspect he will end up at a full time conference side - He's better than anyone Lincoln's got. Im sure all mariners fans are grateful to the rest for their roles in getting us up.

It's a statement of intent - he could have kept on 4 or 5 more players but he's obviously convinced he can do better (and to be fair he usually does). I also wonder whether Clifton and Venney may get more games next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 108
easypeersy
May 24, 2016, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Get Magnay back please!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 108
rancido
May 24, 2016, 7:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from 110[b
]Pity about Nolan, best central midfielder we have had at the club since we were relegated,[/b] hope the club had tried to tie him down a couple of months ago but I doubt it, and remember he may have offered terms to Podge and co but does not mean they will sign, could be down to a core of about 5/6 experienced professionals by mid June, that means signing a whole new team.

Disagree with this completely! Disley has been great for town since we came down and ok he is starting to show his age a bit now but he has been here 5 years. He has certainly shown he has been a lot better than Nolan could ever be.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 108
ginnywings
May 24, 2016, 7:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Dis should get a years contract and just be allowed to sit in a deck chair watching the game if he wants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 108
Garth
May 24, 2016, 7:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from rancido

Disagree with this completely! Disley has been great for town since we came down and ok he is starting to show his age a bit now but he has been here 5 years. He has certainly shown he has been a lot better than Nolan could ever be.

WHS     Dis can still out leap taller younger players, and has experience in bucket fulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 108
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2016, 7:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A bold statement of intent by Hurst. I wouldn't disagree with any of those decisions. Also it takes a strong will to release much of the team he's built to get us promotion, knowing the bond he has with them. Renewed respect for the manager.

ALL of those not offered new deals have done good by us. Must be a nervy time for them. Hope they all get good offers. Thanks to every one of them and good luck for the future (unless they play against us   )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.