11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
May 24, 2016, 9:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I think out of our three centre backs he's the one I'd most want to keep. Easy to forget how young he is for a centre back. When he's good he can be outstanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 108
TAGG
May 24, 2016, 9:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from chaos33
Don't you rate Toto Tagg?

He's not so bad, if he stays then fairynuf but cant go a game without making a intercourse up or three and went well off him with his male masturbator jesture to the Town fans.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 108
Brisbane Mariner
May 24, 2016, 9:13pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
The hairs on the back of my neck are standing in anticipation ⚽️😀

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 82 - 108
Ipswin
May 24, 2016, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TAGG
Would have kept Clay and East but the rest ok

Not fussed if Toto doesn't sign though.

This

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 108
Bigdog
May 24, 2016, 9:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from marinerjase
People questioning Dizza should appreciate what he brings..experience, leadership, heart, guidance..not to mention having a model pro around can only be beneficial for others to learn from, and how to conduct themselves on and off the pitch.

He's been exemplary for us since Day 1, changed roles  as less mobile but even if used more sparingly next season it's someone we need.

The reaction at final whistle, and interviews at Braintree - the very sight of someone who's been through good and bad here, lifting that Trophy and it meaning more than Promotion. He will forever be etched in Towns history - and rightly so. The story has another chapter yet though.

I totally agree with the sentiment, totally agree with it. But it doesn't get us three points every week. £75-100k of our budget on a role model that's used sparingly because he is less mobile (your words) seems a bit of a waste. I totally get every thing you say but there comes a time to thank Dis for his service and I think picking up the Play-Off trophy would have been a great way to go rather than struggling the season after. If sentimentality secured contracts John McDermott would still be here showing the other pros how to conduct themselves. Got a feeling that Dis will be a little short next season and it would be a sad end to his time here..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 108
AdamHaddock
May 24, 2016, 9:22pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
I'd be gobsmacked if anyone at the club is earning 75-100k

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 108
Bigdog
May 24, 2016, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I would imagine £75k will be the around the average wage next season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 108
Garth
May 24, 2016, 9:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
York favourites for signing East apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 108
headingly_mariner
May 24, 2016, 9:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Bigdog

I totally agree with the sentiment, totally agree with it. But it doesn't get us three points every week. £75-100k of our budget on a role model that's used sparingly because he is less mobile (your words) seems a bit of a waste. I totally get every thing you say but there comes a time to thank Dis for his service and I think picking up the Play-Off trophy would have been a great way to go rather than struggling the season after. If sentimentality secured contracts John McDermott would still be here showing the other pros how to conduct themselves. Got a feeling that Dis will be a little short next season and it would be a sad end to his time here..

Balances being a role model with being one of our best players. Don't get this lack of mobility arguement, his fitness is immense and he was still bombing about the pitch on 90 minutes in the play off final on a massive pitch. I imagine he will play 30 plus games again next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 108
IlkleyMariner
May 24, 2016, 9:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
Well, Paul has a high risk strategy

Lets hope that he has got a commitment in principle for his retained list to be accepted, or we are up sh*t creek.

We can't survive with Pearson/Gowling and Bogle with kids  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list announced

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.