4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
May 24, 2016, 10:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Only really produced for Barrow,I don't think he settled here.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Tommy
May 25, 2016, 7:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Some players thrive at some smaller club with lower expectations, less pressure and where opposing teams don't set up so cautiously.

I think Cook will end up fitting this category. See Brett Williams also, loads of goals at Aldershot but barely any at FGR. You face different challenges when teams are deeper against you and you're marked tighter.

I don't believe Cook had the technical ability or intelligence to play regularly at a team fighting for promotion. He may prove me wrong but I'd see his level at mid-conference level teams.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
wigworld
May 25, 2016, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Tommy
He may prove me wrong but I'd see his level at mid-conference level teams.

Should do well at Tranmere then.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 35
oldun
May 25, 2016, 8:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I know I am getting on in years but I don't believe in looking back (only in the odd nostalgic discussion about former highlights). Too many on here and some town fans generally live in the past. My advice is let it go and look to the future. New opportunities, new players, new opposition and new higher standards. That is where we are now. A big challenge but one we have to grasp and recruiting ex players and has beens will only take us backwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Rik e B
May 25, 2016, 8:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I could understand it to the back end of our Championship years, you know chasing Jack Lester etc but how could anyone seriously want any of the freeloading failures from the worst ten or so years in our history!?! Absolutely unbelievable!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
arryarryarry
May 25, 2016, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rik e B
I could understand it to the back end of our Championship years, you know chasing Jack Lester etc but how could anyone seriously want any of the freeloading failures from the worst ten or so years in our history!?! Absolutely unbelievable!

Calm down, it was only the thread starter that suggested he would have liked him back.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
diehardmariner
May 25, 2016, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,520
Gold Stars: 536
If someone can get the mental side of his game right they'll have an absolute beast of a striker on their hands.

There were spells in his first season here where he was almost unplayable, one game sticks out in my memory on a Tuesday night at home.  Town were losing 1-0, can't remember who it was against, but Cook came on with about 20 to go and just destroyed their defence, grabbing two goals along the way.  The Huddersfield cup game was another game where he was on fire, think that was his second season though.

Problem is that his head was never quite right here.  He was more often than not carrying far too much timber and by all accounts was incredibly homesick.  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
lukeo
May 25, 2016, 9:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Darren mansaran still around? or Alan pouton?

#cdajatl
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Rik e B
May 25, 2016, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from arryarryarry

Calm down, it was only the thread starter that suggested he would have liked him back.

Counting to ten  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
Posh Harry
May 25, 2016, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,350
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from lukeo
Darren mansaran still around? or Alan pouton?

#cdajatl

Pouton might not be around but god how we could do with a him or cunnington type in the middle of the park. Box to box, great engine, excellent tackler and an eye for a goal as well. That was pretty much dizza up until the last 12/18 months but not now he has had to change his game.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cook

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.