Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TimMickleburgh, March 24, 2013, 6:23pm
Tutted at when a chant was started. Pulled down when standing up. Couples whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears. I was surrounded by plastic fans and it made the Wembley experience all the more disheartening.

UTM.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, March 24, 2013, 6:27pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from TimMickleburgh
Tutted at when a chant was started. Pulled down when standing up. Couples whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears. I was surrounded by plastic fans and it made the Wembley experience all the more disheartening.

UTM.

Can't disagree with that. Dull game and dull atmosphere. I copulated off after 80 mins. Wasn't feeling it at all, it felt like a pre season friendly, all be it a big lucrative one.
Posted by: andypandy04, March 24, 2013, 7:37pm; Reply: 2
Respect to everyone that travelled personally could not afford it and had to watch on tv tho must say saw no singing,dancing,chanting etc from our fans on the tv.
Posted by: banos, March 24, 2013, 8:12pm; Reply: 3
It wasnt to bad i thought i know it was frecking cold i aswell left at ft 90 new whatwas goner happen and  cudnt be bothered sat in traffic with face ache
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 24, 2013, 8:28pm; Reply: 4
I think most of the plastic fans at least stayed til it finished.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, March 24, 2013, 8:31pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

good for them.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 24, 2013, 8:52pm; Reply: 6
Those plastic fans just gave us £15.
Posted by: banos, March 24, 2013, 9:07pm; Reply: 7
Some people have work at ten tonite so go freck off rodney i still shud my support for 90 mins
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, March 24, 2013, 9:25pm; Reply: 8
Agreed atmosphere was crap. Embarrassing almost. At least 15 years ago many of the "plastics" had been regular watchers at some point and helped make the atomosphere.

Not helped by the PA and all that naff music and pointless announcements attempts at making it seem like the Intergalactic Super League Final. Americansided crap.
Posted by: Running like emson, March 24, 2013, 9:49pm; Reply: 9
Yawn
Posted by: lukeo, March 24, 2013, 10:07pm; Reply: 10

UTM.

Agree with you.. excrement atmosphere, little groups of true fans scattered all over just didn't work :( .. they totally outsung and outplayed us
Posted by: GrimRob, March 24, 2013, 11:14pm; Reply: 11
It's not rocket science when our average gate is under 3,000 and there are nearly 6 times than supporting us at a game that a large part of the crowd is going to be irregular supporters, It would have been just the same for Wrexham. It's been the same at the other Wembley outings and Cardiff.  Probably every club except the big boys in the Prem where you have to be a very regular supporter to go to any big game.

Best for atmosphere is always something like Lincoln away, It will be the same at the play-offs if we get to the final as well in this year or any other.
Posted by: EarAche, March 24, 2013, 11:16pm; Reply: 12
"Plastic Fans" is such a rude term. Just because someone doesn't attend every game or shout and scream like a cretin they have their support questioned? Why!? Foot ball is an expensive pass time. Anyone who purchased a ticket gave town valuable income to build for next season so i would like to thanks them very much and hope they return to another town game soon. We are a small club who need all the support we can get so the more the merrier!!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 24, 2013, 11:19pm; Reply: 13
I was dissapointed how many people had left when town when to collect their medals, they've worked dead hard to get to the final and theres about 4 people clapping (exageration) , obviously I don't expect EVERYONE to stay, just thought there would be more

Said in a thread that I made a minute ago what about starting some sort of group, maybe to help with the atmosphere at blundell, but also for events like this, a supporters group for the people who DO chant and sing, to unite us better, and work out a way for when we're at wembley, be able to all sit together and make some real noise that would hopefully spread to the rest of the fans. It was so scattered today it was unreal.

The drum did sound really cool though did they put sheets inside it or something, it was like muted but ominous and loud at the same time, should try that at blundell.
Posted by: sweatygooch, March 24, 2013, 11:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from EarAche
"Plastic Fans" is such a rude term. Just because someone doesn't attend every game or shout and scream like a cretin they have their support questioned? Why!? Foot ball is an expensive pass time. Anyone who purchased a ticket gave town valuable income to build for next season so i would like to thanks them very much and hope they return to another town game soon. We are a small club who need all the support we can get so the more the merrier!!

Couldn't agree more! Well said.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 24, 2013, 11:33pm; Reply: 15
They did out sing us but be fair the bloody welsh are good at singing and have a number of nationally renowned songs that everyone knows, plastic fan or die hard. I took my six year old for the first time, i now call him plastic due to his lack of support at other home games, he is now totally familiar with the word c--t which was used every second word by the group near us. I am no prude and was a regular in the pontoon throughout the seventies but it was not great to listen to and also reduced options for joining in any songs as i tried to explain this is not a word he should repeat when unhappy with the quality of his mum's cooking!

Finally, with over 15000 fans there it is not easy to coordinate songs as by time one half has picked up what the other half are singing  the first half have stopped or moved on.
Posted by: TAGG, March 24, 2013, 11:36pm; Reply: 16

UTM.

Fook me I thought you was dead.
Seeing as ye not just F### OFF
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 24, 2013, 11:37pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
They did out sing us but be fair the bloody welsh are good at singing and have a number of nationally renowned songs that everyone knows, plastic fan or die hard. I took my six year old for the first time, i now call him plastic due to his lack of support at other home games, he is now totally familiar with the word c--t which was used every second word by the group near us. I am no prude and was a regular in the pontoon throughout the seventies but it was not great to listen to and also reduced options for joining in any songs as i tried to explain this is not a word he should repeat when unhappy with the quality of his mum's cooking!

Finally, with over 15000 fans there it is not easy to coordinate songs as by time one half has picked up what the other half are singing  the first half have stopped or moved on.

Nah think youre wrong there, considering that was wrexhams first time out at wembley, and they were outnumbering us, they COULD make a louder sound, but we're doing it very rarely, thought they were gonna be just really noisy at the beginning but they just shut up most of the time
Posted by: LH, March 24, 2013, 11:40pm; Reply: 18
To be fair, Wembley does hold noise well it's just not very audible what is being sung.

I'd hardly say a few rounds of Ring of Fire is outsinging us..
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 24, 2013, 11:42pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from LH
To be fair, Wembley does hold noise well it's just not very audible what is being sung.

I'd hardly say a few rounds of Ring of Fire is outsinging us..

Wembleys wierd I think it only projects sound to the other side, there was these really odd moments where about 1000 people almost directly infront of me but lower down would stand up and start singing, and I couldn't hear it at all, for a second I thought they were miming was just a strange moment, then only knew what they were singing when somewhere else our fans started joining in
Posted by: Grim up north, March 24, 2013, 11:46pm; Reply: 20
Our sides atmosphere was spot on (block 107) but then again most were smashed :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 24, 2013, 11:56pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimRob
It's not rocket science when our average gate is under 3,000 and there are nearly 6 times than supporting us at a game that a large part of the crowd is going to be irregular supporters, It would have been just the same for Wrexham. It's been the same at the other Wembley outings and Cardiff.  Probably every club except the big boys in the Prem where you have to be a very regular supporter to go to any big game.

Best for atmosphere is always something like Lincoln away, It will be the same at the play-offs if we get to the final as well in this year or any other.

Don't bother trying to explain, some of the dozy tw@ts on here expect 15,000 to turn up at Blundell Park every Saturday.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 25, 2013, 12:04am; Reply: 22
I agree with a lot of the responses regarding mass communal singing. we do need someone to coordinate this on the big stage. Lets hope we  make the play off finals. may i suggest that the one and only Mighty to lead the singing, he has the actions that indicate which song and we are all used to seeing him do this. The perfect conductor. Didn't see him today by the way.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 25, 2013, 12:39am; Reply: 23
The biggest Wrexham noise was for the penalties.  At least that is what I think you called ours. :o
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 25, 2013, 1:32am; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't bother trying to explain, some of the dozy tw@ts on here expect 15,000 to turn up at Blundell Park every Saturday.
Haha! don't worry attendance will be back to 3,000 hardcore supporters on Saturday, a team is for life not just for Wembley! I know people who are devout Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal fans who attended today - never bother going to Town games at Blundell Park whatsoever. The other 13,000 or so who actually live in Grimsby/Cleethorpes have better things to do I guess... every single one, week in, week out! :X

I didn't bother going today, (sense the hypocisry there?) nor any of the FA Trophy games, but will be at my 17th home league game at home on Saturday.

Thanks for the 14,000+ who don't normally go who did attend today, nice revenue for the club.

See you all there at the Barrow game on Saturday.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 25, 2013, 2:10am; Reply: 25
UTM.

Silly girl private.
"The Wembley experience"
Those three words sum up your mentality.
Save everyone else the bother of patronising us when our own fans like you can do it for them.
As for plastic fans, would you pigeon hole them with the glory hunters and bandwagon jumpers?
Have a word with yourself mate, 15 odd thousand turned up and I'm sure you would be happier if 5 thousand had.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 25, 2013, 7:46am; Reply: 26
Great Atmosphere town came in numbers and with great voice you did us proud today lads and lasses  on a freezing cold day. Felt immensely proud to be singing amongst you all plastic or not.

Main thing is we put a lot of money into GTFC and that is all that counts at he end of the season.
Posted by: aaron rattray, March 25, 2013, 7:53am; Reply: 27
People could have stayed to see town get their losers medals like me
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, March 25, 2013, 8:17am; Reply: 28
Quoted from aaron rattray
People could have stayed to see town get their [/b]RUNNERS UP[b]medals like me

Just tidied that up for you.
Posted by: scrumble, March 25, 2013, 8:48am; Reply: 29
Yeah, wtf was they doin goin to the game. It wud have bin much better if just the 3000 regulars went. Its not like we could do with our share of the £165,000 they paid to watch the game is it.

Seeing as how I've only been to one game all season due to distance and work, I'm glad I didn't go, I wouldn't have wanted to spoil the game for you.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 25, 2013, 8:52am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I think they stayed until the P.A/Giant Screen told them it was time to leave. Possibly with a huge countdown clock.
Posted by: winteringham mariner, March 25, 2013, 9:10am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Great Atmosphere town came in numbers and with great voice you did us proud today lads and lasses  on a freezing cold day. Felt immensely proud to be singing amongst you all plastic or not.

Main thing is we put a lot of money into GTFC and that is all that counts at he end of the season.

Exactly, this 'plastic' visit cost me a fortune but was well worth it.
My little girl woke up this morning and said she wished she was stll there, she has gone off to school with her programme her scarf and jesters hat and with some great memories.
We have been toadozen games this year...so what? I,ve been following town home and away for 40 years and yes shouted and sang till my voice went hoarse but those around me were clearly not regular supporters does it matter to me?   No
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 25, 2013, 9:14am; Reply: 32

My little girl woke up this morning and said she wished she was stll there, she has gone off to school with her programme her scarf and jesters hat and with some great memories.
We have been toadozen games this year...so what? I,ve been following town home and away for 40 years and yes shouted and sang till my voice went hoarse but those around me were clearly not regular supporters does it matter to me?   No

Apparently it means you're not as big a fan as Hertfordshire Mariner who left after 80 minutes as he 'wasn't feeling it at all'. In all seriousness, great that she enjoyed it so much, hopefully she's going to be a real pain in the bottom, badgering you to take her every week!
Posted by: ponnyfan, March 25, 2013, 9:15am; Reply: 33

Great post
Posted by: jaygy, March 25, 2013, 9:26am; Reply: 34

UTM.

It's people like you that stop these fans from coming back again. Get your head out of your bottom
Posted by: grimps, March 25, 2013, 9:30am; Reply: 35
Ive been to about 5 games this season due to work and having a life outside of GTFC.
I have loads of mates that was at Wembley like me that probably do 4 or 5 home games and a couple of away games a season.
I have had full seasons in the past were I never missed a game ,does the fact that I only go half a dozen times a year make me a plastic ?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 25, 2013, 9:31am; Reply: 36

Good post
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 25, 2013, 9:32am; Reply: 37
Quoted from grimps
Ive been to about 5 games this season due to work and having a life outside of GTFC.
I have loads of mates that was at Wembley like me that probably do 4 or 5 home games and a couple of away games a season.
I have had full seasons in the past were I never missed a game ,does the fact that I only go half a dozen times a year make me a plastic ?

Yep plastic as fuk 8)
Posted by: PB, March 25, 2013, 11:19am; Reply: 38

I brought 5 people along that aren't regulars. We all enjoyed our day, meeting others on the train or in the pub from Bristol, Bournemouth and Northampton. None of them can get to many games but they all would do it again! Don't be so negative - we have just had the biggest payday of the year and need to kick on into the play-offs.
Posted by: shotandcursed, March 25, 2013, 11:52am; Reply: 39
i was sat behind a 'man' who clearly hadn't been to a football game since the 70's. . . . . . he repeatedly said "zigger zigger, zigger".  I riicuked him somewhat when he was cheering Aswad on!!!

attending with a friend who was not a Town fan, I have to say that I was quite ashamed not only to come from the Grimsby area but to be supporting this club and to be in the same seating area as this pr1ck!!!
Print page generated: May 16, 2024, 5:07am