Quoted from ginnywings
A night of shite.

Shite crowd

Shite game

Shite performance

Shite result

Shite Ref

We will be in this league 'til i die.

Fu(king hell, I thought I wore my heart on my sleeve.  Point salvaged, let's move on.

Posted by: Mariner21, December 10, 2013, 9:59pm; Reply: 4
It sounded awful on the radio. Frustrating is what JT and Crofty kept saying!  Glad we got the point.

Utm
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 10, 2013, 10:00pm; Reply: 5
Point isn't the worst result - Welling are having a pretty decent season. Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 10, 2013, 10:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings
A night of shite.

Shite crowd

Shite game

Shite performance

Shite result

Shite Ref

We will be in this league 'til i die.

Shite food

Shite drink

Shite time wasting
Posted by: chicaneuk, December 10, 2013, 10:21pm; Reply: 7
Have to admit it was a difficult listen on the radio.. sounded like a truly rotten game. Nice for those that stuck it out to see that equaliser right at the death though! :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 10, 2013, 10:22pm; Reply: 8
intercourse sake, we're 11 games unbeaten in all competitions, in the play-off places with games in hand, and in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. Yes we were poor tonight but we were due a poor performance as apart from Coalville we've been playing well recently.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 10, 2013, 10:23pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Point isn't the worst result - Welling are having a pretty decent season. Onwards and upwards.

I think Welling had lost 5 on the bounce before tonight!

The ref will get the blame and he certainly had a shocker but we shouldn't let that mask an awful Town display. Great juggling and finish from there number 33 but the cross should have been dealt with. That gave Welling something to hang on to and allowed their gamesmanship to kick in. It was down to us to create and break them down but we failed to do so.

One mad scramble from a Disley header and a great save from the follow up was as much as we managed in the first half and a couple of on target efforts from Rodman and one  blocked from Hannah was as much as we managed before the miss of the season from Pearson. A yard out with an open goal he put it wide. I thought that was it, it just wasn't going to be. Only 4 mins of stoppage time given we grabbed the equaliser after 97 mins!!

The positives that we kept having a go and retained our patience. When he hoofed it the Welling centre backs dominated but although patient I thought we were a bit too slow and deliberate at times.

A few weeks before Christmas but we have lost 4000 home fans from the Scunny game. I hope a few are back for the next home game v Kidderminster when I understand there will be an offer on
Posted by: gobby, December 10, 2013, 10:25pm; Reply: 10
Ouch. not good but in truth did any team deserve to win a game like that. Most incompetant referee I have seen this season. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 10, 2013, 10:31pm; Reply: 11
Welling hadn't lost 5 on the spin in the league. If they'd held on tonight they'd only have been 4 points behind us.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 10, 2013, 10:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris

The ref will get the blame and he certainly had a shocker but we shouldn't let that mask an awful Town display. Great juggling and finish from there number 33 but the cross should have been dealt with. That gave Welling something to hang on to and allowed their gamesmanship to kick in. It was down to us to create and break them down but we failed to do so.

One mad scramble from a Disley header and a great save from the follow up was as much as we managed in the first half and a couple of on target efforts from Rodman and one  blocked from Hannah was as much as we managed before the miss of the season from Pearson. A yard out with an open goal he put it wide. I thought that was it, it just wasn't going to be. Only 4 mins of stoppage time given we grabbed the equaliser after 97 mins!!

The positives that we kept having a go and retained our patience. When he hoofed it the Welling centre backs dominated but although patient I thought we were a bit too slow and deliberate at times.

A few weeks before Christmas but we have lost 4000 home fans from the Scunny game. I hope a few are back for the next home game v Kidderminster when I understand there will be an offer on

Spot on report BC and pretty much what i would have said, had i been arsed. Tonight just felt so non-league,
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, December 10, 2013, 10:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from BIGChris

Wellings last 5 games in the League have been,  L,W,D,L,L  
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2013, 10:44pm; Reply: 14
Absolutely amazed we got an equaliser....we looked like a team that thought we could just turn up and claim three points....very evident they wanted the ball more, won most of the first and second challenges and we were awful in possession, very slack passing and far too many times players not communicating with each other and either going for the same ball both leaving it for the other.
Pearson, Macdonald, Thomas and Southwell only gain any credit with me after that.

However on the positive front...Hurst made the tactical switch which rescued a point, we keep the unbeaten run going and a late goal adds a little bit of steel to the team.

Oh and dont get me started on the ref....(fuyou_2)

Games like this and Hearns long term absence may tempt us to go for an unpredictable impact player in January as it was crying out for something a little different tonight.

UTM
Posted by: Garth, December 10, 2013, 10:45pm; Reply: 15
Give credit where its due, Welling pinched a goal tonight and hung on to it for dear life with some stubborn defensive play.
We on the other hand were poor in play but strong in spirit, almost everyone in the black and white seemingly had an off night and even after the changes were made we were frustrated by their style of play, if we are going to be successfull this season we need to open up teams like this, bad night at the office but still a point taken
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2013, 10:47pm; Reply: 16
oh and as for the crowd...three games in a week at home, xmas round the corner....10 away supporters....did anyone think we would get 3000 never mind 4000?
Posted by: oldun, December 10, 2013, 10:50pm; Reply: 17
Yes we were not at our best but we were the only team trying to play football. They must have thought Christmas had come early when they scored after that their game plan was to stop us playing, slow the game down and frustrate us. It very nearly worked. The refs antics did not help and he  disrupted the game and took ages getting the game underway after stoppages.. Low crowd but not an inspiring fixture, money tight, soccer on TV, Christmas approaching. I would expect much better when Kiddy come to town next week. Let's move on, might be a vital point come the end of the season.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 10, 2013, 10:54pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from oldun
Yes we were not at our best but we were the only team trying to play football. They must have thought Christmas had come early when they scored after that their game plan was to stop us playing, slow the game down and frustrate us. It very nearly worked. The refs antics did not help and he  disrupted the game and took ages getting the game underway after stoppages.. Low crowd but not an inspiring fixture, money tight, soccer on TV, Christmas approaching. I would expect much better when Kiddy come to town next week. Let's move on, might be a vital point come the end of the season.

Soccer!!!!
Posted by: gary_elton, December 10, 2013, 10:55pm; Reply: 19
I predicted 2,800 and something... what was the actual gate ???
Posted by: wigworld, December 10, 2013, 11:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from gary_elton
I predicted 2,800 and something... what was the actual gate ???

2,400 and something.  :-/
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, December 10, 2013, 11:20pm; Reply: 21
Though we didn't play anyway near our best, I thaught the amount of boo's and getting on players backs from a small minority was disgusting. (Specifically some bloke in the upper Findus on row H around seat 100 who shouts abuse at players if they don't win the toss to decide who plays which way first!)
In my eyes fans should try and inspire and motivate a team to get back into a game and to do better when things aren't going well, not cause a fuss if someone dares pass backwards or overplays a pass. I understand it was fustrating to watch tonight but come on...

Other than that, poor game really, not helped by a shocking set of officials. Credit where due for fighting till the end!
UTM
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, December 10, 2013, 11:22pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club
Absolutely amazed we got an equaliser....we looked like a team that thought we could just turn up and claim three points....very evident they wanted the ball more, won most of the first and second challenges and we were awful in possession, very slack passing and far too many times players not communicating with each other and either going for the same ball both leaving it for the other.
Pearson, Macdonald, Thomas and Southwell only gain any credit with me after that.

However on the positive front...Hurst made the tactical switch which rescued a point, we keep the unbeaten run going and a late goal adds a little bit of steel to the team.

Oh and dont get me started on the ref....(fuyou_2)

Games like this and Hearns long term absence may tempt us to go for an unpredictable impact player in January as it was crying out for something a little different tonight.

UTM

You forgot Rodman, who was our only attacking threat likely to create a problem to their defence. The only time we looked like causing a problem when we ran at their defends and that was Rodman......he had a decent game......
Posted by: oldun, December 10, 2013, 11:31pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

Soccer!!!!

Yeah your right, wrong choice of word, sounds a bit poncy and American . Apologies to all my readers.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, December 11, 2013, 12:08am; Reply: 24
OrogionL post sums it up   Welling came pRked the bus , grabbed. A some whT fortunate goL then proceeded to spoil And waste time for the rest of the the gAme aided and abetted superbly by what I think is one of the worst performances from a ref that I can remember , they were gutted with our last gasp goal being in the 97 th min but tbh 15 mins of added time would ov been about right , awful awful game but a hard earned point in the end.
Didn't understNd the neilson / coulbecks change or in deed the Lewis / cook change, oh and is Thomas the only one capable of putting a cross into the box , and rodman for me flatters to deceive , and on the other side coulbecks must soon be due one of his good games ?
UTM
Posted by: Abdul19, December 11, 2013, 12:16am; Reply: 25
Soccer's an English word.

The game was rubbish, can't blame Welling for exploiting the shitness of the ref. But credit to Town for keeping going, in seasons gone by we'd have got nothing out of that.

The lack of incisiveness is a worry, hopefully we'll have some fresh ideas next Thursday (Saturday can fuck off).
Posted by: Sigone, December 11, 2013, 12:43am; Reply: 26
Gotta say there fair haired central defender played shop better than anyone so far this season. Disley had his poorest game for a while too. Thought we played too straight & didn't get round the back of them enough & when we did we didn't cross the ball, just worked it back out.
Posted by: maxfox44, December 11, 2013, 10:21am; Reply: 27
Well as others have said it wasn't a great night for us.  Looked like a game the team or the fans didn't really wanted.  I don't know whether the fact that they were looking to do the double over us had any effect, but we just didn't look right and this wasn't helped by the crowd, very flat atmosphere.

It will be interesting to see how the next few games pan-out, I suspect that teams might have found ways to combat us, I wouldn't go quite as far to say they have found us out.  But we need a little more variation.

Negatives
Disley is chasing shadows and is not a leader
Number of bookings
One tactic, hoofing into their centre backs (for most of the game)

Positives
Kerr is acting captain, looks to be positive (but does make a few mistakes) and drive the team on
We kept going and deserved a goal
Hurst has got the wide man working well, Scotty N, looks more like the player of last season
Southwell, not his greatest fan, but look at the goal tally
We got a point!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 11, 2013, 10:23am; Reply: 28
We are a non league team and will get some shite performances now and again,

I have watched 3 Man Utd games on the telly this last week,

AND

For all their stars and the fortune they pay them,

Well they were shite in all 3 games,

UTM.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 11, 2013, 10:44am; Reply: 29
Have to concur that last night was a very poor performance and you do wonder what part the poor crowd and very flat, nay non-existent, atmosphere, played in this. Catch 22 that crowd help motivate the players but players also need to lift the crowd.

I was shocked by low attendance, alarmed at 7.30pm when there seemed about 50 in the ground, but then looked up last night's other attendances to see Chimps had 1400 and Cambridge 2200 so clearly home night matches in December not good for raising income.

Thought Welling were poor but had two competitive centre backs who were excellent in the air and there number 10 was a bloody nuisance without offering much of a goal threat. One real positive were the two fantastic saves by our keeper which kept us in the game and fact that we salvaged a point, ok thats two real positives.

Even though we were very por they never really threatened but last night highlighted weaknesses we have mentioned previously and centre on our inability to dominate midfield on a regular basis. Disley had another shocker and is not having a great season whilst I thought Kerr gave is all but perhaps struggled to play two games in four days which affected his game. Up front LJL had probably most ineffective game of season and Hannah never showed for the ball or got in the channels to give our midfield or defence options to get the ball moving quickly. Our control of the ball was very poor meaning second touch was often a tackle and wingers, despite two or three excellent runs, never got past their man and created opportunities. Without Hearn to come on we look limited upfront and although Cook not played much he seems to have lost all aerial ability which was in main strength last year.

Bit concerned that the fixture list over Christmas will be too much for our squad and to be critical of Hurst last night not sure why he did not ring on Paddy just after half time given how Dis was playing and with hindsight, Thanoj on bench may have helped give us some legs in midfield.

Confident we will make the play offs but no more unless 2 or 3 reinforcements arrive in early Jan. Two midfielders and a striker for me.
Posted by: MrsMariner, December 11, 2013, 10:52am; Reply: 30

I know it was only Welling but if you look at there record against the better footballing teams in this division, Cambridge, Kidderminster, Barnet, Luton(in the cup) & us, its pretty good. So perhaps there spoiling tactics work, lets just hope they continue to take points from the teams around us. UTM
Posted by: Garth, December 11, 2013, 10:57am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Have to concur that last night was a very poor performance and you do wonder what part the poor crowd and very flat, nay non-existent, atmosphere, played in this. Catch 22 that crowd help motivate the players but players also need to lift the crowd.

I was shocked by low attendance, alarmed at 7.30pm when there seemed about 50 in the ground, but then looked up last night's other attendances to see Chimps had 1400 and Cambridge 2200 so clearly home night matches in December not good for raising income.

Thought Welling were poor but had two competitive centre backs who were excellent in the air and there number 10 was a bloody nuisance without offering much of a goal threat. One real positive were the two fantastic saves by our keeper which kept us in the game and fact that we salvaged a point, ok thats two real positives.

Even though we were very por they never really threatened but last night highlighted weaknesses we have mentioned previously and centre on our inability to dominate midfield on a regular basis. Disley had another shocker and is not having a great season whilst I thought Kerr gave is all but perhaps struggled to play two games in four days which affected his game. Up front LJL had probably most ineffective game of season and Hannah never showed for the ball or got in the channels to give our midfield or defence options to get the ball moving quickly. Our control of the ball was very poor meaning second touch was often a tackle and wingers, despite two or three excellent runs, never got past their man and created opportunities. Without Hearn to come on we look limited upfront and although Cook not played much he seems to have lost all aerial ability which was in main strength last year.

Bit concerned that the fixture list over Christmas will be too much for our squad and to be critical of Hurst last night not sure why he did not ring on Paddy just after half time given how Dis was playing and with hindsight, Thanoj on bench may have helped give us some legs in midfield.

Confident we will make the play offs but no more unless 2 or 3 reinforcements arrive in early Jan. Two midfielders and a striker for me.

Agree with most of that apart from the contradiction in terms, Dis is struggling this season as of yet and needed to be replaced last night, as you have said
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 11, 2013, 1:39pm; Reply: 32
In central midfield we are more "Man United" than Everton".    They do not have the legs and energy for matches close together.   Ominous for the Xmas period.  

Bringing squad players into the team is not really the answer as they are not quite good enough or ready.  If we are to continue to mount a serious challenge for promotion and have involvement in the FA Cup:  We need quality back-up soon to provide competition, cover for injuries, tiredness, loss of form and suspensions.

We need another good striker to cover for Hearn as well.
Posted by: Garth, December 11, 2013, 1:46pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
In central midfield we are more "Man United" than Everton".    They do not have the legs and energy for matches close together.   Ominous for the Xmas period.  

Bringing squad players into the team is not really the answer as they are not quite good enough or ready.  If we are to continue to mount a serious challenge for promotion and have involvement in the FA Cup:  We need quality back-up soon to provide competition, cover for injuries, tiredness, loss of form and suspensions.

We need another good striker to cover for Hearn as well.

Southwell is a decent striker just needs game time
Posted by: biggles9999, December 11, 2013, 1:55pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Garth

Agree with most of that apart from the contradiction in terms, Dis is struggling this season as of yet and needed to be replaced last night, as you have said

Have to say that Disley has been generally poor for most of the season, with the odd game of his old form here and there.

Was a little surprised we didnt bring Paddy on last night and would suggest it might be worth giving him a game in the middle alongside Kerr. Kerr wants to naturally sit which would allow Paddy to play his more natural game of breaking forward to support the forwards. We have already seen this season that he has some ability with the ball at his feet and some goalscoring ability.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 11, 2013, 3:44pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from biggles9999

Have to say that Disley has been generally poor for most of the season, with the odd game of his old form here and there.

Was a little surprised we didnt bring Paddy on last night and would suggest it might be worth giving him a game in the middle alongside Kerr. Kerr wants to naturally sit which would allow Paddy to play his more natural game of breaking forward to support the forwards. We have already seen this season that he has some ability with the ball at his feet and some goalscoring ability.

Have to agree with this - have seen four games this season and Diz has been the stand-out performer for all the wrong reasons. Paddy or Thanoj couldn't do any worse there at present.
Posted by: acko338, December 11, 2013, 4:04pm; Reply: 36
McLaughlin and Kerr played well together at York - time to put them together and rest Disley??
Posted by: BIGChris, December 11, 2013, 4:17pm; Reply: 37
My view differs from the majority. I think we would miss Disley big time if he was left out. One of those players that you realise what he does when he isnt there.

Paddy & Kerr did play together at York but evidently as a midfield 3?

Although we didnt play well last night we still, in my opinion, totally dominated possession
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 11, 2013, 4:25pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from BIGChris
My view differs from the majority. I think we would miss Disley big time if he was left out. One of those players that you realise what he does when he isnt there.

Although we didnt play well last night we still, in my opinion, totally dominated possession

I agree with you. Seems to be the player people jump on whenever there is a poor team performance this year. Sounded like Nielsen did very little but he seems to be immune to criticism.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 11, 2013, 4:56pm; Reply: 39

I agree with you. Seems to be the player people jump on whenever there is a poor team performance this year. Sounded like Nielsen did very little but he seems to be immune to criticism.

Like many teams, Welling crowded Nielsen out. Disley only seemed to go sideways or backwards and even then, several passes went astray.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 11, 2013, 6:06pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Like many teams, Welling crowded Nielsen out. Disley only seemed to go sideways or backwards and even then, several passes went astray.

The last time I thought fit to bring this up he went on to score the winner at Woking...that's what frustrates me because sometimes he does make some good positive moves forward but more often than not this season he's been in crab mode

Posted by: DocTower, December 11, 2013, 6:13pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from BIGChris

Agree with you to a point Chris .
Disley does appear to be having more bad than good games , or should I say inifectual games . However Coldicot took the same criticism . Richard O'Kelly and Paul Groves were noticed when they weren't on the field . I suppose age catches upwith us all , we see in flashes what he can do but not regular enough . Is the captainscarm band a hinderance ? Tough call for whoever makes the decision but midfield has been poor for too long now and we haven't seen any progress or a leader on the field .
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 11, 2013, 6:34pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from DocTower

Agree with you to a point Chris .
Disley does appear to be having more bad than good games , or should I say inifectual games . However Coldicot took the same criticism . Richard O'Kelly and Paul Groves were noticed when they weren't on the field . I suppose age catches upwith us all , we see in flashes what he can do but not regular enough . Is the captainscarm band a hinderance ? Tough call for whoever makes the decision but midfield has been poor for too long now and we haven't seen any progress or a leader on the field .

I'd argue that Shaun Pearson has all the qualities you need in a captain...leads by example and maybe he could have his words with the ref as the team's spokesman without getting in to trouble with dissent
Posted by: DocTower, December 12, 2013, 8:26am; Reply: 43
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'd argue that Shaun Pearson has all the qualities you need in a captain...leads by example and maybe he could have his words with the ref as the team's spokesman without getting in to trouble with dissent

Good call Fish , just wondered how many bookings Pearson has got for dessent ?  We always see opposition teams chatting to the ref , it's that phycological way of manipulation , Disley from my own view never does this .
If Pearson did ever take the arm band , would it affect his style as with some players . Also ,  Disley is in his final year , do we offer him a further year ? Do we bring Thanoj to be a regular 1st team player ?
All tough decision s for Mr Hurst to make .
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 12, 2013, 8:29am; Reply: 44
I don't think who wears the armband matters as long as you have leadership on the pitch. With Kerr, Disley and Pearson on the pitch I don't see a problem.
Posted by: biggles9999, December 12, 2013, 10:04am; Reply: 45

I know this wasnt aimed at anybody in particular but from my side it wasnt just a case of we played badly it was Disley's fault. I though there were a number of issues at play on Tuesday night which contributed to that performance, but this year I dont see the same player that I saw last year.

He seems to misplace numerous passes at present and a lot of the game seems to by pass him. I have no potential explanation as to what is causing it, it may just be as simple as a loss of form that all players suffer at some stage, but to me he currently seems to be in there just to work hard. Surely Paddy as a younger professional footballer should be able to do that.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 12, 2013, 12:50pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from biggles9999

I know this wasnt aimed at anybody in particular but from my side it wasnt just a case of we played badly it was Disley's fault. I though there were a number of issues at play on Tuesday night which contributed to that performance, but this year I dont see the same player that I saw last year.

He seems to misplace numerous passes at present and a lot of the game seems to by pass him. I have no potential explanation as to what is causing it, it may just be as simple as a loss of form that all players suffer at some stage, but to me he currently seems to be in there just to work hard. Surely Paddy as a younger professional footballer should be able to do that.

I concur with Biggles and not trying to get at Dis who is a player I like but his form this season has been disappointing, I think we need to strengthen in midfield and Dis as a squad player competing for a place in the team is ideal. But as first choice with little or no competition for places I think does not help the team get control of what is the pivotal area of the pitch.
Posted by: rancido, December 12, 2013, 1:34pm; Reply: 47
I don't think anybody was " at the races " on Tuesday night but some credit must go to Welling in how they approached this game. They closed us down , harried all the time and in effect bullied us out of the game. Admittedly their tactics were helped by a weak referee and I think they realised early on what they could get away with. This is about as high as teams like Welling will play and survival is essential for them to maintain this level. They were not blessed with any amount of skill but they had a game plan and stuck to it. We have to be " cuter " to combat this because there are many teams in this league like this and every year others will come up with the same attitude.
Posted by: oldun, December 12, 2013, 3:54pm; Reply: 48
I think Kerr being in the side has meant that Disley sees less of the ball and has had to change his role. He is therefore less involved and is playing a more forward role. He therefore has less time on the ball and maybe less space to play which could effect his passing. Playing deeper means you can look up and see the options better. If it is not going for him Hurst needs to be brave and swap him for Paddy or Andi during games. Paddy has the skill and vision but needs to be more involved.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 12, 2013, 4:41pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from oldun
I think Kerr being in the side has meant that Disley sees less of the ball and has had to change his role. He is therefore less involved and is playing a more forward role. He therefore has less time on the ball and maybe less space to play which could effect his passing. Playing deeper means you can look up and see the options better. If it is not going for him Hurst needs to be brave and swap him for Paddy or Andi during games. Paddy has the skill and vision but needs to be more involved.

Certainly surprised me Tuesday night that Paddy did not get brought especially after his goal on saturday. Going back to the dartford game we were having similar problems until Paddy rifled in that 30 yarder which was complete game changer, oh how we needed one of those on Tuesday. Still lets hope next week's game v Kidderminster brings a return to recent form.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 12, 2013, 10:59pm; Reply: 50
I'm not sure Paddy is strong enough to play in a midfield 2!
Posted by: barralad, December 12, 2013, 11:07pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from rancido
I don't think anybody was " at the races " on Tuesday night but some credit must go to Welling in how they approached this game. They closed us down , harried all the time and in effect bullied us out of the game. Admittedly their tactics were helped by a weak referee and I think they realised early on what they could get away with. This is about as high as teams like Welling will play and survival is essential for them to maintain this level. They were not blessed with any amount of skill but they had a game plan and stuck to it. We have to be " cuter " to combat this because there are many teams in this league like this and every year others will come up with the same attitude.

It's funny really because I thought before Tuesday that we had got over that. Tamworth normally "bully" us but we now appear to have their measure.
I think probably Hurst realised what sort of a game it was going to be-which is why Paddy didn't get a start. What he didn't consider was the possibility of Disley having one of his worst games in a black and white shirt.
Posted by: barralad, December 12, 2013, 11:09pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from oldun

I sometimes wonder what game I'm watching I thought Disley played far too deep on Tuesday... :-/
Posted by: Garth, December 13, 2013, 10:58am; Reply: 53
Quoted from barralad

I sometimes wonder what game I'm watching I thought Disley played far too deep on Tuesday... :-/

I think I was watching your game, Disley hardly got forward all match which is a shame because he can be a problem for them when running Waters style into their box
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 3:26am