Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 13, 2014, 4:26pm
Does anyone know if Friday's game is all ticket for town fans or just pay on the gate like every other year?

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere else.

UTM
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 13, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 1
Hope it's pay at the gate, otherwise I might have difficulties.
Posted by: LH, April 13, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 2
Got to be expecting up to and possibly exceeding 1000 for this? Can they hold that many?
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 13, 2014, 4:35pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from LH
Got to be expecting up to and possibly exceeding 1000 for this? Can they hold that many?

There away end hold 1200. That's why I thought they might make it a ticketed game. Surely if it was then we would have heard something by now.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 13, 2014, 4:36pm; Reply: 4
Surely they have to make it all ticket after the farce 2 seasons ago? Not that it's ideal but I think Town fans were badly let down that day.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 13, 2014, 4:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew
Surely they have to make it all ticket after the farce 2 seasons ago? Not that it's ideal but I think Town fans were badly let down that day.

Excuse my ignorance but what was the issue then? I remember a few handbags with their fans to the left but that's all.
Posted by: LH, April 13, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 6
The queue stretched back to the M1 to get into the ground.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 13, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from brigg_mariner

Excuse my ignorance but what was the issue then? I remember a few handbags with their fans to the left but that's all.

Had to also open the emergency gates to let a significant amount (over 100) town fans in
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, April 13, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 8
everything about the way the town fans were treat that day was a joke, especially getting in and getting out
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 13, 2014, 6:20pm; Reply: 9
I can't believe that it's not been made all-ticket. It's going to be a recipe for disaster really, especially if there's only going to be one turnstyle open again. With it being a Bank Holiday I can see us taking at least 1000, especially if we get a result against Halifax on Tuesday.

I understand that we actually approached Alfreton to request that is was made all ticket for our fans but Alfreton wouldn't do it!
Posted by: barralad, April 13, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin
I can't believe that it's not been made all-ticket. It's going to be a recipe for disaster really, especially if there's only going to be one turnstyle open again. With it being a Bank Holiday I can see us taking at least 1000, especially if we get a result against Halifax on Tuesday.

I understand that we actually approached Alfreton to request that is was made all ticket for our fans but Alfreton wouldn't do it!

Another reason why getting out of this league is vital. It's ironic that this weekend we are commemorating the 25th. anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster which happened because of overcrowding/gates being opened...
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 13, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 11
Agree with what Les said,

I asked at the office when I purchased Chester tickets and the woman said that Alfy has turned down our request to sell them from BP.

Recipe for disaster surely.

I phoned Alfy up and bought four on Early bird deal
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 13, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 12
It would be great to sell out the away end and show the country that we deserve to be in the football league (if they didn't already know) on T.V.
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, April 13, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QXqu5kyItPs/UCMVctPEpSI/AAAAAAAAMiA/M-AoJR_rb9A/s1600/cook-the-books.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 13, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 14
Given that it's on TV and last time I went it took about 30 minutes of queuing to get through the one open turnstile, and then some bald Alfreton / Derby supporting thug spat on me after they scored, i'm not bothering with this one.

On the plus side, the chips and gravy there were top notch.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 13, 2014, 10:57pm; Reply: 15
Train from Preston 845 on Friday morning booked, looking fwd to this one. Meeting up at Alferton at 11 for a few! Will probably have to start queuing then to get in!! Play offs could be confirmed that day
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 14, 2014, 10:05am; Reply: 16
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/alfreton-tickets-413885.aspx

Pay On The Day
Posted by: Hagrid, April 14, 2014, 11:46am; Reply: 17
looking forward to this one very much! good atmosphere, hopefully 3 points!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 14, 2014, 5:49pm; Reply: 18
Already phoned up for tickets, hope they are still available
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 14, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 19
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/alfreton-tickets-413885.aspx
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 14, 2014, 9:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

Now available from BP at £16 (£2 less than on the day) Must have seen this Les ! Well done that Man.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 15, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 21
Are Derby playing on Friday ?
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 15, 2014, 5:48pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete
Are Derby playing on Friday ?

Away at Donny that evening. Should be fun at Alfreton!
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 16, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 23
I have just bought 5 tickets from the ticket office.

Sold in excess of 500 already :-)

UTM
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 3:01pm