Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 15, 2014, 3:08pm
As well as Paddy did on Saturday i would have Assy T back at left back if he is fit.

Up front? With no shop, I'd try something different and go for Cook & Tonkara.

The rest stays the same.

Dont think PH will agree mind!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 15, 2014, 3:23pm; Reply: 1
If Thomas isn't fit I'd still rather have Paddy than Fyfield at left back!
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 15, 2014, 3:23pm; Reply: 2
I'd go with Cook and Hannah. It's about time we saw the Neilson, Cook & Hannah trio that worked so well last year. We've barely seen that since and we all know how well it works. I'd have Thanoj in for Kerr too.
Posted by: Garth, April 15, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from BIGChris
As well as Paddy did on Saturday i would have Assy T back at left back if he is fit.

Up front? With no shop, I'd try something different and go for Cook & Tonkara.

The rest stays the same.

Dont think PH will agree mind!

Tend to agree though I would like to see Paddy in midfield if Thomas plays, maybe Dis sub for a change, and also with Jennings and Hannah on the bench we have goals to come on
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 15, 2014, 3:44pm; Reply: 4
Garth goals to come on, you mean Disley then  ;)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 15, 2014, 3:49pm; Reply: 5
Cook and Tounkara up front would hopefully get us some goals tonight!
Posted by: Marinerdan, April 15, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4

That would be my choice. Tonight's gonna be a battle, Halifax are big strong and direct.

I think Nielson and Rodman will terrorise them their defence, very little point just playing hoofball as that's right in their wheelhouse.
Posted by: gobby, April 15, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 7
Aswad back as LB.
Cook and Hannah up front.
Think Disley and Kerr will raise thier game tonight. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: mike_d, April 15, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Like at Dartford last week?
Posted by: davmariner, April 15, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mike_d

Didn't have Neilson or Rodman feeding them. And it was a 433 with Hannah.
Posted by: oldun, April 15, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from gobby
Aswad back as LB.
Cook and Hannah up front.
Think Disley and Kerr will raise thier game tonight. 8)
UTMM

The whole team need to raise their game for this one. If we play as we know we can then a win is very likely.
Posted by: mariner91, April 15, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'd go with Cook and Hannah. It's about time we saw the Neilson, Cook & Hannah trio that worked so well last year. We've barely seen that since and we all know how well it works. I'd have Thanoj in for Kerr too.

And drop our only in form striker?
Posted by: Sigone, April 15, 2014, 5:21pm; Reply: 12
I'd leave the front 2 same as sat.  Saturday was the 1st time this season i've seen a pairing up front, well almost.  Not great but the start of one I think.  No Hannah for me, too many times Assy has pinged great crosses across the box and Hannah hasn't been there, and he doesn't get involved in the build up enough to warrant starting IMO.
Posted by: hook line and sinker, April 15, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 13
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that cook is more of an impact goalscorer and better coming off the bench?

I'd go for mckeown hatton pearson boyce thomas rodman paddy Kerr neilson Jennings tounkara.       Subs- disley,cook,hannah,clayton,colbeck
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 15, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mike_d

Agreed but most of the players was rested last week,  Cook & Tounkara maybe did not get the service like they normally would.

As davmariner says we will have Neilson & Rodman on the pitch tonight getting the crosses in, I would definately try Cook and Tonk tonight - Cook definately deserves his chance imo.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 15, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Agreed but most of the players was rested last week,  Cook & Tounkara maybe did not get the service like they normally would.

As davmariner says we will have Neilson & Rodman on the pitch tonight getting the crosses in, I would definately try Cook and Tonk tonight - Cook definately deserves his chance imo.

AND

Tonk deserves to keep his place after scoring twice in the last couple of home games.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, April 15, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 16
Cook looks like he wants to prove a point and Tonk seems to be in form, they'd be the 2 up top for me.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 15, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from mariner91

And drop our only in form striker?

We happily keep in out of form ones...

In all seriousness I like Tonk, I just think Cook and Hannah are the only two in the squad who have a proven record together.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, April 15, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 18
Cook plus Tounkara = hoofball
I'd go Tonka and Jennings - latter has to score soon...surely???
Relaxed about tonight - we only need one more win IMO and we are in play offs
Doesn't matter if you finish 5th - as long as you make it
Slate then wiped clean, dress yourself down and go again
Posted by: mike_d, April 15, 2014, 6:00pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Plus the fact that last week they looked like they enjoyed playing with each other - after a close miss by Tonk, Cook was the first to congratulate him with a handslap / low 5.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), April 15, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 20
                    McKeown

Hatton.    Pearson.    Boyce.          Thomas

Rodman.   Disley.      Thanoj.         Nielson

Cook.          Hannah

This will do nicely please? If Aswad is not fit, paddy at LB!
Posted by: KK_DOG, April 15, 2014, 6:35pm; Reply: 21
I would be very surprised if the Tonk doesn't start and I would think it will be alongside Jennings again.
Posted by: thevera, April 15, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KK_DOG
I would be very surprised if the Tonk doesn't start and I would think it will be alongside Jennings again.

Agree. Although I have a feeling he may be tempted to give  Tonk and Hannah a try.
Posted by: mariner tommy, April 15, 2014, 6:55pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Cook plus Tounkara = hoofball
I'd go Tonka and Jennings - latter has to score soon...surely???
Relaxed about tonight - we only need one more win IMO and we are in play offs
Doesn't matter if you finish 5th - as long as you make it
Slate then wiped clean, dress yourself down and go again

If we win tonight and Braintree lose, then we need two more points to be mathematically certain, but realistically if the results go as I suggest then just a draw would almost guarantee us a play off spot because we would have a better goal difference of at worst +4 (+2 at the moment, plus our result if we win and Braintree's if they lose).
But if Braintree win tonight then we would need five points to be certain.
The other point worth noting, is that, after tonight, we have all played the same amount of games.

UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 15, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pontoonlew

Just switched on - no idea what the actual team is - you're so right

Posted by: mr b, April 15, 2014, 10:06pm; Reply: 25
Heard a whisper no rodman or Jennings due to handbags !!! Don't know if this is true
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 4:52am