Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, April 16, 2014, 10:01pm
Great win at  Stalybridge Celtic tonight, 1 point clear and a better GD than Telford with 3 games to go. Dunno if their ground is up to promotion, might be one less relegation place if they win the league?
Posted by: Tom13, April 16, 2014, 10:05pm; Reply: 1
If they go up, wouldn't our Boxing Day/NYD fixture be against them rather Lincoln?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 16, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Tom13
If they go up, wouldn't our Boxing Day/NYD fixture be against them rather Lincoln?

IF we don't go up I really hope that they don't pitch us with Lincoln again...the Boxing Day and New Year's Day fixtures against them are becoming more than boring
Posted by: Abdul19, April 16, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 3
Despite their location a game against North Ferriby is no more interesting than one against Hyde or Salisbury or Coalville.
Posted by: Tom13, April 16, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

IF we don't go up I really hope that they don't pitch us with Lincoln again...the Boxing Day and New Year's Day fixtures against them are becoming more than boring

That's what I meant, hopefully they would pair Lincoln with Alfreton (providing they stay down also!)
Posted by: GrimRob, April 16, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 5
Would Radio Humberside be forced to consider them equal to us if we were in the same division next season? I imagine they'd take into account average support.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 16, 2014, 10:23pm; Reply: 6
There ground holds 2700. Smallest ground in the league.
Posted by: denni266, April 16, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 7
If we end up in the same league as them it would be totally disgusting how far we have dropped..  totaly un acceptable
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 16, 2014, 11:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from denni266
If we end up in the same league as them it would be totally disgusting how far we have dropped..  totaly un acceptable

Well we've been in this league for 4 seasons now so why would Ferriby coming up make any difference.

It would be more of a case of how well they have done.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 16, 2014, 11:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from denni266

I don't really see much difference between them and the likes of Forest Green, someone putting money into a small team and winning a few promotions.
Posted by: Brough Mariner, April 17, 2014, 6:24am; Reply: 10
Been told they'll play their home games at Craven Park if they get promoted.

Their existing stadium doesn't meet the required standards.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, April 17, 2014, 9:57am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Brough Mariner

That is what I heard.

I believe its Alaham (sp?) that own Hull City's daughters club?
Posted by: barralad, April 17, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from denni266

You'll have to run that by me again...Several teams (including Fleetwood) have suddenly found themselves with serious money and have used it move themselves up the ladder. Much more a case of them improving rather than us sinking further..
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 17, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from barralad

You'll have to run that by me again...Several teams (including Fleetwood) have suddenly found themselves with serious money and have used it move themselves up the ladder. Much more a case of them improving rather than us sinking further..

I think we can all understand his frustration at having to talk about North Ferriby Utd. in the same league as us.It will just reinforce how low we have fallen.

Also, if a village team like North Ferriby can find "serious money" why can't we?  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 17, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from barralad

I think he's on to something. If Portsmouth get relegated and we end up in the same league as them it would be a great sign of how far we've come, given they won the FA Cup so recently. What an achievement.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 17, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 15

Also, if a village team like North Ferriby can find "serious money" why can't we?  

We have, but it hasn't brought success - yet. It's a relatively easy task getting promoted to the level we're at if you plough the best part of a million quid in. Then it starts getting hard to get promoted from the Conference upwards, as we are finding out.
Posted by: UTFM, April 17, 2014, 5:15pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob
Great win at  Stalybridge Celtic tonight, 1 point clear and a better GD than Telford with 3 games to go. Dunno if their ground is up to promotion, might be one less relegation place if they win the league?

Aren't NFU and Telford tied on points (each at 23-9-7 = 78 )?

Either way, IMHO it would be great to see NFU promoted.
Posted by: marinette, April 17, 2014, 5:51pm; Reply: 17
My immediate thought was 'Ooh, Michael Leary and Phil Barnes' and I went (online) to check that they were still there.  Dammit, I always get these little teams confused.   :-/  But at least I know where Ciaran Toner is now.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 17, 2014, 11:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Brough Mariner

Neither does the village - one pub.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:07pm