Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 19, 2014, 10:02pm
can i ask, being the village thicky, are the likes/dislikes in your details bit on a post for what you have voted on or is it what other fishy members have voted on our own posts? thank you
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 19, 2014, 10:04pm; Reply: 1
If you like a post from another poster you can like it and it counts towards the likes and dislikes u see on the side of your screen.  
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 19, 2014, 10:08pm; Reply: 2
Thanks. liked your post has not shown it, as of yet.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 19, 2014, 10:12pm; Reply: 3
No problem and it's because I can't spell and had to edit it haha
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 19, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
No problem and it's because I can't spell and had to edit it haha

;D
Posted by: GrimRob, April 19, 2014, 11:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from bobbyturtle
can i ask, being the village thicky, are the likes/dislikes in your details bit on a post for what you have voted on or is it what other fishy members have voted on our own posts? thank you

It is what others think of your posts. Who those others are and what they think is not something that is revealed.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 20, 2014, 8:39am; Reply: 6
Thanks
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, April 20, 2014, 9:03am; Reply: 7
I have never been a fan of the like/dislike button on any board.  Some people use it as a extension of their ego, whilst others cry like a baby when they get a negative one.
Posted by: Mariner21, April 20, 2014, 9:12am; Reply: 8
No one likes me  ;D
Posted by: lee65, April 20, 2014, 9:39am; Reply: 9
And the reputation score, how does that work?
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 20, 2014, 10:57am; Reply: 10
Quoted from lee65
And the reputation score, how does that work?

Its the same really,

BUT

You know who has voted because  they need to click onto your name and go into the members centre,

I never give anybody a negative unless they are calling other peoples opinions or just plain rude,

On the other hand I will increase some ones reputation if they have given me a +.  ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 20, 2014, 11:17am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
I have never been a fan of the like/dislike button on any board.  Some people use it as a extension of their ego, whilst others cry like a baby when they get a negative one.

Agree totally. Posted a question asking about the last game and someone disliked it  ;D
Posted by: Rick12, April 20, 2014, 12:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
fair enough.Ive noticed though on other football forums there isnt any likes/dislikes(for me the fishy forum reputation like/dislike would be better of without it ).Like others have said though life is all about opinion and everyone has one

Posted by: moosey_club, April 20, 2014, 1:04pm; Reply: 13
the reputation one is more a puzzler, although you can see who has marked you it always makes me think why? What in particular made them + or - you?
Some can be obvious if you are having a row or a laugh on a thread with someone but some appear totally random.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 20, 2014, 1:47pm; Reply: 14
Personally I think anonymous is better, then neither the voter not the votee can compain to one another. The reputation thing is very coarse because you are voting for a person rather than an individual post. I'm tempted to make reputation anonymous as well.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, April 21, 2014, 12:30pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner21
No one likes me  ;D

Ha ha dya care ;)
Posted by: Mariner21, April 21, 2014, 2:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from moosey_club
the reputation one is more a puzzler, although you can see who has marked you it always makes me think why? What in particular made them + or - you?
Some can be obvious if you are having a row or a laugh on a thread with someone but some appear totally random.

I've given out a few(don't know how many) rep points out by accident!! only found out when i received  a pm from a poster asking why I - them!

using a smartphone it's very easy to accidently give them out on a thread under the posters profile picture.

either way it's only forum and is a useful addition.

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:43pm