Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 21, 2014, 10:39pm
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/the-goal-1502325.aspx

Bloody good goal. Looks better on video, bizarrely. I thought it looked relatively routine from the Pontoon, but far from it when you look at it from this perspective.  Well done Ross! Town legend in the making.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, April 21, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 1
Cheers for that link, he made and took it very well and I'm glad he did!
Posted by: immariner, April 21, 2014, 10:50pm; Reply: 2
They made it sound a real GK blunder on the radio. I don't think that's completely fair, venomous strike!
Posted by: chaos33, April 21, 2014, 10:56pm; Reply: 3
I thought he struck it really well. No doubt the keeper will be a bit disappointed to be beaten from there at his near post, but Ross hit it sweetly and it took everyone by surprise a bit. Caught the keeper unawares a touch. The video shows that he hit the ball hard and it was moving fast. It was a great moment - a weight lifted. I thought he really deserved a goal today. He had been very unlucky prior to that.
Posted by: grimps, April 21, 2014, 11:08pm; Reply: 4
Great goal !
I doubt the keeper could see a thing after Ross had turned the defender
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 21, 2014, 11:08pm; Reply: 5
Great strike - and celebration - Ross seemed to know that infant. Hope they're all there for the play off games.
Posted by: Neilo83, April 21, 2014, 11:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Teestogreen
Great strike - and celebration - Ross seemed to know that infant. Hope they're all there for the play off games.

Was his son.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 21, 2014, 11:45pm; Reply: 7
He took it early and caught everyone by surprise. He did that a lot when he first came here. Great strikers goal.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 21, 2014, 11:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Neilo83

Was his son.

great goal and his son seemed to like the celebration. he had a town top on too.. was it i dribble for the mariners   ;D
Posted by: N2K, April 21, 2014, 11:53pm; Reply: 9
what a bullet it was. that hat-trick defo gave him bags of confidence
Posted by: gobby, April 22, 2014, 7:21am; Reply: 10
Nice early strike. I too had to suffer the radio and always feel down during the game when JT & AB are commentating. The guy who does the MP stuff is the one that RH should employ. JT is ok and I have heard he is a Town fan, but he tries too hard to be impartial for my liking. It needs some passion. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: wycombemariner, April 22, 2014, 7:22am; Reply: 11
That was a cracking goal and finish, shows what a bit of confidence can do
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 22, 2014, 8:45am; Reply: 12
Absolutely blinding goal I thought. A glimpse of the Hannah we got to know when we first had him on loan! Hopefully this has awoken the beast a bit and he can propel us through the play-offs with some more of those!
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, April 22, 2014, 9:25am; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
He took it early and caught everyone by surprise. He did that a lot when he first came here. Great strikers goal.

Although the keeper could have done better for his first v Alfreton, he took that one early as well (so the keeper didn't have time to set himself properly), something he does more when he's confident.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 22, 2014, 11:02am; Reply: 14
Now that looked like a striker with a bit of confidence. Good on him
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 4:58am