Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 24, 2014, 8:55pm
http://youtu.be/DRL6qn9v06U

Quite a pointed "If I'm still here next season" remark in his speech. Seemed a little unnecessary in the context and on the cusp of promotion.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), April 24, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Belfast Town
http://youtu.be/DRL6qn9v06U

Quite a pointed "If I'm still here next season" remark in his speech. Seemed a little unnecessary in the context and on the cusp of promotion.

He has said that a number of times before- and not this season.  Plus his contract is up in the summer isn't it?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 24, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
He will keep his job if he wins only. One more game

It's on may 18th
Posted by: BIGChris, April 24, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 3610

He has said that a number of times before- and not this season.  Plus his contract is up in the summer isn't it?

He has a 12 month rolling contract
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 24, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from BIGChris

He has a 12 month rolling contract

I've always wondered, what exactly is a 12 month rolling contract?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 24, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Belfast Town

I've always wondered, what exactly is a 12 month rolling contract?

Basically he always has 12 months left on his deal. If he is sacked he would normally be entitled to 12mths compensation and if he leaves to go to another club they would have to pay the club a years money.
That is my understanding anyway
Posted by: GrimRob, April 24, 2014, 10:13pm; Reply: 6
It's like having a 12 month notice period on your job.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 24, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 7
Paul Hurst isn't a ranter or a raver.  He's a quiet yet determined bloke with a dry sense of humour.  Let's not forget that the other week he was talking about playing himself at left back in a league game.  I'm sure this was another such wry little comment, maybe even self-deprecating, and we shouldn't read too much into it.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 25, 2014, 12:31am; Reply: 8
PH speech/plenary didn't really inspire me, is this his character in the dressing room? no wonder we start games slowly
Posted by: GrimRob, April 25, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 9
We're reading far too much into analyzing every word the guy says. Some of Jesus's passages in the bible have been as studied as PH's press statements. Speaking to the press and speaking to his own staff are totally different things anyway.
Posted by: GTFCNiles, April 25, 2014, 10:26am; Reply: 10
Jesus, proper dry atmosphere where was the laughs just to help the guy feel at ease.

Tough Crowd
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 25, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GTFCNiles
Jesus, proper dry atmosphere where was the laughs just to help the guy feel at ease.

Tough Crowd

Not as tough as Blundell Park!
Posted by: Rick12, April 26, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Paul Hurst isn't a ranter or a raver.  He's a quiet yet determined bloke with a dry sense of humour.  Let's not forget that the other week he was talking about playing himself at left back in a league game.  I'm sure this was another such wry little comment, maybe even self-deprecating, and we shouldn't read too much into it.
Would be interesting to see if he would have done done much better with Scott in charge.Personally think as much as I liked Scotts passion Hurst possibly doesnt cause players to be rubbed up the wrong way as Scott occasionally may have done.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 9:31pm