Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, July 21, 2014, 2:55pm
Will play against donny tomorrow. (BBC HUMBERSIDE TWITTER)
Posted by: oldun, July 21, 2014, 3:21pm; Reply: 1
yes yes yes yes. Hairs get ready!
Posted by: GyMariner, July 21, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 2
Good idea
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, July 21, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 3
I Pitbull might get my hackle up, but Pittman?
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, July 21, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 4
Had a poor season last year but has a cracking record with Crawley and his first spell at Wycombe. Fingers crossed
Posted by: moosey_club, July 21, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from sutton mariner
Will play against donny tomorrow. (BBC HUMBERSIDE TWITTER)

Good we are trialling him...would make him play the full game to see if there is any reaction to previous injuries........cant help feeling this could turn out like Charles Ademeno if we arent extremely careful.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 21, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Pittman on trial

Not Guilty, I say,

My border Collie was on the sheepdog trials,

She was found guilty and had to spend the rest of her life,

Looking after me. ;D
Posted by: ScottyUTM, July 21, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 7
I think this is a good decision by hurst, he obviously doesn't want to rush into anything and later regret it
Posted by: brad_gtfc, July 21, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 8
Just get him signed, what is 1 pre season game going to tell us about him.
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 21, 2014, 6:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Good point Brad, I tend to agree with that theory.

UTM
Posted by: highcliff mariner, July 21, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Makes sense to give him a trial surely,i wouldnt buy a car without tying it out first , even a short test drive lol
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 21, 2014, 6:27pm; Reply: 11
Yeah it's all way a good idea to test things out first.

I wish i'd tested my Girlfriend out before i went out with her, now i'm stuck with her.

Lesson of the day Children: All ways test the merchandise before committing to the sale.

Wait that sound wrong.....
Posted by: 137 (Guest), July 21, 2014, 6:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Well he might play cr@p, or rupture something trying too hard to impress, and we'll see if he's still as quick as he was.

Should be playing alongside LJL, though, if we're thinking about signing him.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 21, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from brad_gtfc

well he could play really well score and then we let him go and paul will go on record saying " he played well but hes not quite what im looking for up front, he is just not quick enough" or some b0llocks like that.

then we will snap up ironside and clay up on one year deals.
Posted by: chaos33, July 21, 2014, 7:38pm; Reply: 14
Lol. Cynicism? Come on in.... :)
Posted by: forza ivano, July 21, 2014, 9:56pm; Reply: 15
Having spoken to someone who's played with him over several seasons we could have a real player on our hands.unluckiest player injury wise he's ever played with but equally the quickest players he's played with.good lad as well.if he stays fit he will get you 15 or 20 goals a season was the quote
Posted by: mariner91, July 21, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano
Having spoken to someone who's played with him over several seasons we could have a real player on our hands.unluckiest player injury wise he's ever played with but equally the quickest players he's played with.good lad as well.if he stays fit he will get you 15 or 20 goals a season was the quote

Good to hear, think we would look genuinely quite exciting going forward if we land him and he's fit. We'd finally have the pace we lacked last year with Arnold, Mackreth and Pittman. Neilson will hopefully start this season fit and be a great option straight away. The pace in our team will mean we're hopefully passing it around further up the pitch and at a quicker tempo to make use of the pace which will make it easier for Disley and Brown (who I reckon will be an upgrade on Kerr by some distance) to find the killer passes and it will mean Hannah is getting more and better service in and around the box. And for all his lack of shooting ability, LJL will come in handy when we need a target man to hold it up and link the play. Still an if I know but if we sign Pittman, I will be looking forward to this season.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 21, 2014, 11:36pm; Reply: 17
My info is that the trial is to prove fitness and not ability, which isn't in question. Will be offered a deal if he is in good nick.
Posted by: cleefish, July 22, 2014, 6:30am; Reply: 18
[quote=1847]Just get him signed, what is 1 pre season game going to tell us about him.[/quo
I agree reckon when given the chance tonight he will come through the game with credit myself really looking forward to the season kick off utm.
Posted by: acko338, July 22, 2014, 12:41pm; Reply: 19
Any new striker that can produce a one off season "Connell" type goal scoring run and get us out of this league would be worth every penny spent.

The emphasis looks to be on faster pace & delivery - we also need a quality dead ball player from the group for corners & free kicks, not the rubbish load of lousy service as seen last year.

Hannah will be rid of his offside runs if the through balls are snappy and first time - it's mere feet, not yards, that he gets caught out.

Looking forward to tonight as a real test against higher level opposition.

Can we turn Pittman into our Pitt bull terrier up front to worry the opposition?? Competition for L J-L as target man??

Hopefully good weather and a good turn out ??
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 22, 2014, 2:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from acko338
Any new striker that can produce a one off season "Connell" type goal scoring run and get us out of this league would be worth every penny spent.

The emphasis looks to be on faster pace & delivery - we also need a quality dead ball player from the group for corners & free kicks, not the rubbish load of lousy service as seen last year.

Hannah will be rid of his offside runs if the through balls are snappy and first time - it's mere feet, not yards, that he gets caught out.

Looking forward to tonight as a real test against higher level opposition.

Can we turn Pittman into our Pitt bull terrier up front to worry the opposition?? Competition for L J-L as target man??

Hopefully good weather and a good turn out ??

The service from free kicks and corners last year from Kerr was excellent.
Posted by: Maringer, July 22, 2014, 3:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I'd tend to disagree. It was a bit better than the season before (not difficult!), but way too many of his set pieces were lofted up in the air rather than being whipped in. I'd say the corners were worse than the free-kicks in this respect.

Most teams we faced seemed to have somebody able to put dangerous balls into the box more effectively.
Posted by: MrsMariner, July 22, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I agree for the first half of the season but after his injury he was never the same
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 22, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 23
I thought Paul said he would get two games to look at shorthand,

Sorry I meant Pittman  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 22, 2014, 6:32pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete
I thought Paul said he would get two games to look at shorthand,

Sorry I meant Pittman  :)

Groan! So bad it's worth a tick Pete!

That joke will be lost on the youngsters. It's all voice recognition software and mispelling these days  :)
Posted by: 137 (Guest), July 22, 2014, 7:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Groan! So bad it's worth a tick Pete!

That joke will be lost on the youngsters. It's all voice recognition software and mispelling these days  :)

;D
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 22, 2014, 9:08pm; Reply: 26
Pittman seems like a younger version of Lee Peacock.  Plenty of ability, an eye for goal, a good lad but question marks (to be checked) over fitness.
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 22, 2014, 9:36pm; Reply: 27
Thought he played well tonight.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 22, 2014, 9:51pm; Reply: 28
I don't think the question is over his ability but his fitness levels and how many games he can play.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 22, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from 1739
I don't think the question is over his ability but his fitness levels and how many games he can play.

Exactly what I was told
Posted by: Maringer, July 22, 2014, 11:41pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Pittman seems like a younger version of Lee Peacock.  Plenty of ability, an eye for goal, a good lad but question marks (to be checked) over fitness.

The major difference being that Pittman looks as though he can run. Peacock couldn't, though he did have lots of tattoos and a stupid haircut.

Instant Twon hero!!!!??!!
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 3:13pm